Fantasy/Injury Thread 2 (Visiting fans: all fantasy/starter/injury questions here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
How many games does Phil start this week?

Games:

Apr 9 Fla 7:00 pm
Apr 8 @Bos 3:00 pm
Apr 5 NYR 8:00 pm
Apr 4 @Tor 7:30 pm

Considering the b2b's, I see at least two games perhaps against us tomorrow and Sat @ Bos?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Probably 2. I can't see Holtby playing either B2B especially since the Presidents Trophy will likely be wrapped up soon. I'd guess the Leafs and the Panthers for Grubauer.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I thought for sure that last Holtby game and then Tarvares blowing out his quad was going to do me in.

Overall I thought the point scoring was pretty good (obviously!)....I wouldnt mind having more bench spots (but if we had more teams that might not be a good idea)

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I thought for sure that last Holtby game and then Tarvares blowing out his quad was going to do me in.

Overall I thought the point scoring was pretty good (obviously!)....I wouldnt mind having more bench spots (but if we had more teams that might not be a good idea)

Definitely having 10 teams the year before is preferable and adding bench slots is something I was going back and forth when setting up the league.

In previous years always seemed like goalie numbers always swung things and this time around it was still important but you could still grind out some wins even if when your goalies crapped the bed.

Quick going down early really sank my squad as I got crushed the first month or so and never could really recover points wise. Kinda liked how there was some value for non-top line players that could really help...the center who could win faceoffs, chip in with some points and good for a few PMs and hits a game had some decent value.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Congrats,strung, on winning the HFBoards NHL Fantasy League. Those that participated any thoughts on the added point scoring metrics this time around.

I liked the new metrics. My only suggestion would be to not have the rosters lock for each day at midnight. The fact that by the time I learned that, say, Darling was filling in for Crawford, it was too late to pick him up or find some other replacement was really frustrating. I like being able to stream goalies, but that was almost impossible with the midnight roster lock.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I liked the new metrics. My only suggestion would be to not have the rosters lock for each day at midnight. The fact that by the time I learned that, say, Darling was filling in for Crawford, it was too late to pick him up or find some other replacement was really frustrating. I like being able to stream goalies, but that was almost impossible with the midnight roster lock.

Agreed re:roster like that bit me many of time especially early in the seasons with injuries and what not. I couple of weeks I didn't make the minimum required goalie starts until mid season where I just made myself pay more attention, heh. I'll see what options there are for next year.

Ricko Balboa

Aug 1, 2016
Who should I pick for my pool keeper guys...Johansen or Burakovsky? (who will get more points) Any chance Burakovsky finish with more points than Johansen in the 2 or 3 next years?

Ricko Balboa

Aug 1, 2016
Why Kuznetsov's production was lower this season guys?! Do you think he will bounce back next season?

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Why Kuznetsov's production was lower this season guys?! Do you think he will bounce back next season?

He is a soft perimeter player that will never be the guy that gets it done. Still a few fancy plays will be enough to keep a lot of people happy.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
He is a soft perimeter player that will never be the guy that gets it done. Still a few fancy plays will be enough to keep a lot of people happy.

Yeah those points he put up in the playoffs were too soff to count. Just like Kessel's

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
So he won't get better stats next year I guess it's your opinion :D

Yeah those points he put up in the playoffs were too soff to count. Just like Kessel's

This is exhibit A and B of people that will be happy with some fancy plays and states.

We sure do love our soft perimeter players. Kuznetsov is a lot closer to being the problem then the solution.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
This is exhibit A and B of people that will be happy with some fancy plays and states.

We sure do love our soft perimeter players. Kuznetsov is a lot closer to being the problem then the solution.

This is exhibit A of someone just disliking a player and throwing reason out the window for it because Feels > Reals.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016

yeah why can't he be less perimeter and not produce but be gritty n shieeez dude beags lmao.

Can't have any guys like Kane or Kessel on our team, those never win anything. Need more Winniks and Tom Wilsons skating into each other putting up a lucky point every few dozen games. That's what wins playoff series.

We get it, you haven't watch a second of major league hockey since 1999 and think it's possible to Dale Hunter your way to a cup, even when it wasn't possible then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad