Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Goalies should have a very significant role.

But, since we are not tying points to GAA and Save percentage bad goalies are not as significant. If you have poor goalies you should lose. That’s what needs to be fixed. A team should be hammered if they have bad goalies (just like in real life, right)?

Goalies are not synonymous with kickers.

sure, but they should not be putting up QB numbers. QBs drive the offense, goalies are responsible for preventing it..a goalie should have a similar value to team defense in football not anywhere f***ing close to a QB..your elite team defenses (or the best matchups) will put up big numbers, but the norm/average will have the rest of the herd all below your wide receivers, RBs, TE's, etc...the way it should be..and it should be that way here..goalies no matter what they are doing are still putting up close to double digit points even after giving up 4 damn goals..there are some goalies that are getting killed (thanks Matt Murray!!), but they are few and far between.

as for goalies vs kickers, I was just speaking tongue n cheek, goalies should hold more value than that, but no way on Earth should they be in the category of QBs which they are here...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
AD Jr. is out of moves until the week is over, btw, and then he's back on track for his regular 3 adds for his next matchup. DHF used his first today, adding Saad and removing some random goalie for Columbus.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Goalies tend to have the biggest individual games, but they also score zero when they don’t start. Depends on how one wants to use their roster spots. Skaters bring more consistency.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Goalies tend to have the biggest individual games, but they also score zero when they don’t start. Depends on how one wants to use their roster spots. Skaters bring more consistency.
sure, but if you got a workhorse, imagine getting 3 games per week of QB numbers... I just saw Hart put up a 24 point burger against me...Quinn Hughes got me a goal, assist, PP point, 2 SOG and STILL got half the damn points Hart did..lol...it is what it is, but I hope all your goalies break their damn hips out there!!

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
sure, but if you got a workhorse, imagine getting 3 games per week of QB numbers... I just saw Hart put up a 24 point burger against me...Quinn Hughes got me a goal, assist, PP point, 2 SOG and STILL got half the damn points Hart did..lol...it is what it is, but I hope all your goalies break their damn hips out there!!

Yeah, goalies are still overpowered as shit.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Yeah, Gibson has been a monster for me in this matchup. Was surprised to see him sitting there in the 4th round. Guess you guys didn’t think he was good enough for your teams.

upload_2019-10-10_14-32-17.jpeg

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, Gibson has been a monster for me in this matchup. Was surprised to see him sitting there in the 4th round. Guess you guys didn’t think he was good enough for your teams.

View attachment 262909
I was so f***ing pissed you took Gibson where you did, I was like 2 picks away he was my next pick...he gets injured which is why he dropped, but he was clearly the best player available in the spot regardless of position..I think I had to take Murray after that hahahahaha....I am toast!

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I was so ****ing pissed you took Gibson where you did, I was like 2 picks away he was my next pick...he gets injured which is why he dropped, but he was clearly the best player available in the spot regardless of position..I think I had to take Murray after that hahahahaha....I am toast!

Hey, I got Binnington in the 3rd and Hart in the 4th. :)

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Gibson last night:

26 SVs 2 GA 9.0 PTs

Seems about right, same as if a skater had a few shots, hits and a goal.

If saves were .25 PTs, he’d have only scored 2.5 PTs.

And take my team for example, 540 PTs scored, goalies have been lights out and they still only scored 120 of them or 22%.

Goalies aren’t as impactful as made out to be.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
One of these days we’ll have max games played for all positions.

I’m going to lose bc my opponent is playing 6 more games.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
One of these days we’ll have max games played for all positions.

I’m going to lose bc my opponent is playing 6 more games.

Wait.... what? Max moves per week absolutely.

But max games played seems absurd. Why should you be penalized because you happen to have a guy on a team playing 4 times a week? It all balances out.

Don’t like it? Play boring ass roto instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad