Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am going to get curb stomped this week - everyone has epic weeks vs my crew...it is total hilarity to know how many points I have to put up each week to win....blah...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Fully loaded, that is.

Woooooosh.

Ray... doesn't need to be fully loaded. You put one round in a bolt-action rifle, and it's going off no matter what. Revolvers only work for Russian roulette because 4 or 5 chambers are empty and the revolving cylinder allows for the chance of engaging the firing pin on an empty chamber. :thumbu:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Woooooosh.

Ray... doesn't need to be fully loaded. You put one round in a bolt-action rifle, and it's going off no matter what. Revolvers only work for Russian roulette because 4 or 5 chambers are empty and the revolving cylinder allows for the chance of engaging the firing pin on an empty chamber. :thumbu:
Jokes work better if you don’t have to explain em.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Woooooosh.

I don’t know shit about guns, obviously. :laugh:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Woooooosh.

are you and DHF at a wine tasting event together???? bunch of snobs lol....

Reactions: Pez68

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Explains a lot if you pull a weapon on anyone that wants to get frisky with you.... No wonder you got banned, with all that pent up aggression.
nah, just Southern slang, even the cops down here tell people not to get frisky lol...after almost 2 years out here, I catch my self saying ya'll now, i get pissed and have to say you guys to make up for it...oh well, f*** off you Yankees...

Reactions: Pez68

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
blah, didn't realize there was a fantasy thread here, since I have discovered it let me pose this question;

Pick one of Blackmore or Hart (got to drop one) to keep for the rest of the season and challenge Rittich (currently my best goalie) for the one and only Keeper goalie that I am allowed for next year. Standard Yahoo catagories.

Thanks!

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
blah, didn't realize there was a fantasy thread here, since I have discovered it let me pose this question;

Pick one of Blackmore or Hart (got to drop one) to keep for the rest of the season and challenge Rittich (currently my best goalie) for the one and only Keeper goalie that I am allowed for next year. Standard Yahoo catagories.

Thanks!

That's a tough one because I think their future in the NHL this year depends on the injuries of both Schneider and Elliot. Hart is the goalie of the future for Philly and I think they will be better than New Jersey next year. Hart should be the full time starter next season for sure. I'm not so sure with Blackwood. The New Jersey board has a thread up talking about Blackwood so maybe skim through and it would help you make a decision. I would personally go with Hart because I think Kinkaid will get more starts than Blackwood this year. I don't think either will beat out Rittich though with where the Flames stand and how good their defense is you'll probably end up picking him anyway. This is also the last year of Mike Smiths contract.

@ColdSteel2 has Blackwood in our fantasy hockey league maybe he can weigh in.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It’s a tough call, but you should be in good shape either way. They are both good young goalies on teams that are on the way up.

Blackwood is a good goalie. New Jersey looks like a much better team with him in net. I think most of New Jersey’s problems this year have been due to the goaltending. They are a good defensive team and 2nd in the league on the PK, which helps his case a lot. Hynes seems to like him a lot, so I think he will be the starter if he keeps up his good play. Hart has more upside long term as does Philadelphia as a team. Since you said it is a keeper league, this is important to consider.

Blackwood is 2 years older, more polished and a lot bigger than Hart. He’s the safe choice. He’ll probably help you more this year and possibly the next season or 2. But if Hart reaches his maximum potential and Philly improves, he should be the better choice after that. Wait as long as you can. We need to see how the rest of the season plays out to have a clearer read on this.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yahoo league, standard Cat's, NOT a keeper league.

My Nylander for his Timo Mier.

This proposed to me by the first place team and i am third in the league.

Nylander has tried my paitience and Timo Mier seems to be a dynamo

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'd take that and run. @AmericanDream has him. What do you think?
are you asking if I would make that trade??

I wouldn't move out Meier at all right now, so for his scenario I would absolutely make that trade. He has had a real slow stretch the past month but this kid plays top line minutes in SJ and on the power play as well...Nylander seems like another fish in a big pond, not sure what his focal point will be there honestly.

Meier was one of my most consistent players prior to the past 2-3 weeks, he will come back just fine and is a perfect buy now candidate.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
and f*** off early games yesterday....Quick finally puts up points and he is sitting on my damn bench because he played a 1pm game yesterday and somehow was not set in my lineup even though he was for Sunday... lol...whatever..

Reactions: RayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad