OT: Fantasy Hockey Questions and Answers

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think right now you have to consider this team's goaltending situation to be similar to the Blues'

Howard will probably get opportunity to remain the "starter" because of the contract situation with the two guys, but Howard is less stable than a guy like Brian Elliot right now after having a rough couple seasons

If it is a one-off pool (not a keeper) I would probably say you're fine with either guy

If you can get and keep Mrazek for years to come that would probably be smart

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I think splits will be fairly even unless there is an injury or one goalie is clearly playing a tier above the other. I'm honestly hoping for both to play at an excellent level and roll a nice 1A 1B tandem!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We'll just make this the fantasy hockey question thread. People can ask about if they made a mistake drafting Mrazek!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I actually did grab Mrazek in the second-last round in my pool. Now I'm selfishly hoping he takes the starting job and goes on a run.

I think he's a safer bet to get the reigns, but this year could end up a very even split.

Basically a headache scenario for fantasy owners, like when they hear the dreaded "running back by committee" in football.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Guy in my league took price with first pick of rd 1 and mrazek and last pick in the 3rd round....He's currently sitting in first

I drafted Mrazek but I'm about to drop him. One game a week isn't worth it in my league.

Last edited:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've pretty much been grabbing any rookie that's tearing it up and hoping one continues it all season. Panarin is my bet this year.

Last year someone dropped Tarasenko the first week of the season. I picked him up immediately. The rest is history :laugh:

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I've pretty much been grabbing any rookie that's tearing it up and hoping one continues it all season. Panarin is my bet this year.

Last year someone dropped Tarasenko the first week of the season. I picked him up immediately. The rest is history :laugh:

Sometimes some knowledge of the preseason is nice:

I grabbed in one of my many pools:

Drouin (knew he was playing on the top line with stamkos)
Larkin (once i knew he was going to start in the NHL)
People not drafted in many leagues include:

Domi and Duclair (ARI)

Dark horse goaltender (Andersen-ANA) - he is ranked poorly in ESPN.

Also Mrazek is ranked higher than Howard.

But i fully expect 45 starts for Howard, 35 for Mrazek.

If they can keep up how they have been playing so far.... My god, you should have them both ! LOL.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Someone dropped Forsberg in one of my leagues this week, post getting LW flex (ESPN) for Oscar Lindberg

smdh

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I really hope that Tatar gets going, he's holding my team back. As soon as I drop him, he'll start to contribute, I feel it!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I really hope that Tatar gets going, he's holding my team back. As soon as I drop him, he'll start to contribute, I feel it!

I'm in the same boat as you

I told my friends that asked about Wings to draft to put Tatar near the top of their list. Man, I feel bad. I thought he was a lock for another 60 points with close to 30 goals. He still might, but it's a slow start. Same with Green.

At least I steered them right on Larkin to take away a little of the sting.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Same league as someone dropping Forsberg, someone dropped M Koivu

Easiest money I will ever receive? Makes u think

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I told my friends that asked about Wings to draft to put Tatar near the top of their list. Man, I feel bad. I thought he was a lock for another 60 points with close to 30 goals. He still might, but it's a slow start. Same with Green.

At least I steered them right on Larkin to take away a little of the sting.

Yeah, I drafted Tats. Would really like some goals here soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->