GDT: Fantasy Hockey 2019-2020 All Leagues Info!

What time would you prefer to do live draft?

• Total voters

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I guess there's no thread for 2020 but....for LEAGUE A

If we are going to have a minimum for goaltender appearances, can we make pick ups/drops instant instead of waiting the day?
Some of us have basically no goaltending due to injuries/PPD games and can't even reach a minimum. Tomorrow will be Thursday and I won't even have a single game played yet from my goaltenders.
Can this please be adjusted ASAP? This is a massive inconvenience and issue.

Good point. We should do same for League B. It is really tough. And Yahoo is annoying with listing players as "out" Literally half the roster

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I just looked in the settings. We could add Not active slots. Think these are better than the IR slots. Later I can't reduce them

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I just went through everybody's roster in League A. Only 2 teams have more then 2 players on IR or out. JP Mick who has 3 on IR, in which one of the 3 players was an add from FA and he went on IR 5days later. The other team is CHGoalie who also has 3 players, 2 out, and 1 on IR who was also added 5days ago. And CHGoalie is also the current team in 1st in the league so don't think it's hurting him.

It sucks when superstars go on covid list, I had Lando out this week too. I think the best we could do this season would be to change 1 IR position to IR+, not add. So we would have 1 IR spot and 1 IR+ spot. What do you guys think?

As for the goalie starts, that's an easy fix. We can drop minimum starts to 2 for the week. I think that everyone should be able to get 2 starts no problem. Don't want to do 1 because if someone gets a shutout with the first start they can just sit on that for the week. I think 2 starts is fair and doable. Thoughts?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I think 3 appearances is fine. That gives balance. I think changing it so that player additions happen instantly for that date can help you plug in starters when you need them.

This will also help in filling your roster in the event of COVID issues.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I think 3 appearances is fine. That gives balance. I think changing it so that player additions happen instantly for that date can help you plug in starters when you need them.

This will also help in filling your roster in the event of COVID issues.

Yea that would help a lot. Does Yahoo let you do that though?

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Definitely should use the Yahoo chat to announce any changes before they go into effect, similar to how we did the additional IR slots. I do agree that your ability to pick up a player should be same-day. Unlike in football, there’s little that can happen in-game that heavily influences the waiver market.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I just went through everybody's roster in League A. Only 2 teams have more then 2 players on IR or out. JP Mick who has 3 on IR, in which one of the 3 players was an add from FA and he went on IR 5days later. The other team is CHGoalie who also has 3 players, 2 out, and 1 on IR who was also added 5days ago. And CHGoalie is also the current team in 1st in the league so don't think it's hurting him.

It sucks when superstars go on covid list, I had Lando out this week too. I think the best we could do this season would be to change 1 IR position to IR+, not add. So we would have 1 IR spot and 1 IR+ spot. What do you guys think?

As for the goalie starts, that's an easy fix. We can drop minimum starts to 2 for the week. I think that everyone should be able to get 2 starts no problem. Don't want to do 1 because if someone gets a shutout with the first start they can just sit on that for the week. I think 2 starts is fair and doable. Thoughts?
(Sry this is so late)I think goalie appearances should be kept at 3, otherwise the new changes are cool with me

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Can anything be done about the "Out" classification that Yahoo has? Maybe have a couple IR+ slots so that those players can go there temporarily and we can at least fill their roster spot instead of just carrying 2-3 players that are useless.

I've never had a point this season where I haven't had at 2-3 guys as "Out", but I can't IR them so they just sit and hold a roster spot. Kuznetsov was like that for two weeks, Matthews was just a week straight of just "Out".

I am being burned by this constantly this season due to COVID and other shit.

Reactions: Boothinator

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Can anything be done about the "Out" classification that Yahoo has? Maybe have a couple IR+ slots so that those players can go there temporarily and we can at least fill their roster spot instead of just carrying 2-3 players that are useless.

I've never had a point this season where I haven't had at 2-3 guys as "Out", but I can't IR them so they just sit and hold a roster spot. Kuznetsov was like that for two weeks, Matthews was just a week straight of just "Out".

I am being burned by this constantly this season due to COVID and other shit.

I have bread man "out" for who knows how long.

ProjectPanthers

Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Same here! We could activate the "Non active spots" Yahooo isnt going to put them on IR

Personally I favor ESPN more
Yahoo's system is still superior to ESPN's, we just need to change our settings to let anyone that isn't injured for 4 months to go on IR+/DTD slots, Yahoo has both of them.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Just to reiterate, I traded Bo Horvat straight up for Ek after Bo's first game of the season (Bo had a G & A).
Since that time Ek has outproduced Bo.

I am a wizard :teach2:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad