Fantasy GM Thread | Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Watching Jt Miller playing C kind if opened my eyes... what if the Canucks picked up a Toffoli replacement via the UFA market and then tried icing three scoring lines with Petey, Horvat, Jt Miller all playing C.
Some affordible options are out there. Tatar, Palmieri, Iafallo, Armia,

Lets assume the canucks sign a player like Palmieri, you could then go sets of two.

Petey / Boeser
Hoglander / Horvat
JT Miller / Palmieri

Keep those forward pairings comstant and then spinkle in wingers that best fit the line, Podkolzin, Pearson, Virtanen etc
It would be nice having a top6 quality line out there 47 ES minutes for every 60 ES minutes. Imagine if they scooped up two scoring UFA at the cost or losing a guy like pearson and virtanen. You coule get some insane depth.
Podkolzon Petey Boeser
Hoglander Horvat Tatar
Gaudette Jt. Miller Palmieri

Getting two scoring UFA's isnt likely but even just one could open up the three scoring line option. Especially if Podz is as advertised

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Id go:

Hog Pettersson Gaudette
Eriksson Miller Boeser
Podz Horvat Virtanen
Motte Beagle Macewan

Tho would like to replace Eriksson with someone better maybe Armia if him and Myers could ever get along

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lock Hughes and Pettersson up long term.
Still have worries and questions about Hughes long term. Of the four, I'd go long term with EP/Boeser and bridge with Hughes/Demko. Demko's sample size isn't big enough and Hughes' defensive game needs to be at least at the point where you don't have to shelter him in bottom pairing matchups to warrant the type of contract that he's going to want.

Demko will be 26 this year. Guessing his RFA expiry status is this season so maybe they should gamble a bit on him maintaining the level he's shown during the short sample size of his career.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
benning has at least three weeks to decide what to do with the remaining ufas. hopefully there is several teams interested in sutter/pearson/benn. maybe beagle/roussel? get some picks. start a bidding war for the contenders and take the best offer avaliable. this team isnt gonna make the playoffs so why not sell earlier? next 7 games are the most important. montreal 4x, edmonton 1x and ottawa 2x

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
I like RNH but I don’t see how we can afford him.

its hard to predict anything with the expansion draft atm. if seattle does stupid and takes holtby/myers, whether we pay them to, or they take a 900k player.

but i mean f you bridge Pettersson and Hughes for 2/3 years until most of the cap problems are gone(eriksson,beagle,luongo), buyout holtby when he isnt picked up in expansion draft (3.8savings, -1.8), attach dipietro and a mid pick to roussell.. i guess it's possible?

nuge (7.5 for 6?)-pettersson(7.5/3)- gaudette
virtanen- miller - boeser
podz - horvat - hog
motte - beagle - macewen
eriksson

hughes (7/2) - ?
? - schmidt
rathbone - myers

demko (3/2)

roughly 7 mil to fill 3 spots.
year after 12mil frees up - 1.9holtby buyout. so 10mil to acquire something but while knowing you have pettersson/hughes/demko to extend for an additional 3-8mil total

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Reading various Oilers sources saying they want some Sutter and if not signed by the deadline the NuGe will be moved.

How about a Holtby and Sutter to the oilers with some of Sutter's contract retained for the NuGe.

Also Eriksson's contract is no longer completely buyout proof as they would pay 1M in July got get a 2M cap savings in buying him out.

Loui Eriksson Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
That’s a great deal for us, but the Oilers would want a lot more for RNH. And they won’t take Holtby"
Maybe we can get a pick for Sutter?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Unless you can show me a cap-compliant, realistic lineup with RNH in it, any discussion of him is a waste of time. He would be a weird target anyway - the Canucks need a RHD if they had the space to go shopping.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Unless you can show me a cap-compliant, realistic lineup with RNH in it, any discussion of him is a waste of time. He would be a weird target anyway - the Canucks need a RHD if they had the space to go shopping.

the Canucks need 4 good lines and 6 good D.

Any lineup that includes Beagle and Roussel (and Eriksson) in it or Sutter in it where he is not the 4th line centre is a loser.

the 4th period is saying the Nucks are getting calls on veterans with term.

These have to be Beagle and Roussel (and Eriksson) and maybe Meyers.

If they can move any crappy veterans who are UFA in 2 years it would be like winning the Irish sweepstakes.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Nuge has grown on me but the team needs to be attacking more important areas.

Danault is an idiot for not taking that long term contract Montreal offered him in the summer.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm very interested that they're using Lind at centre in Utica. Has anyone heard why they made this move? Is it simply a lack of centres or was it more strategic? If he can make a good transition, he could project to be a decent 3C in Vancouver.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I'm very interested that they're using Lind at centre in Utica. Has anyone heard why they made this move? Is it simply a lack of centres or was it more strategic? If he can make a good transition, he could project to be a decent 3C in Vancouver.
Haven't seen a lot of chatter about him but his numbers look pretty good.

Reactions: iceburg

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so can someone fill me in on the math on exposing dmen for expansion? why are people discussing myers being exposed? don't we have three slots that pretty obviously go to schmidt, juolevi and myers? i would think our problem would be finding a dman under contract to fulfill the minimum exposure requirement.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

it is a pretty sure sign the guy ain't making it to the show as a winger.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
so can someone fill me in on the math on exposing dmen for expansion? why are people discussing myers being exposed? don't we have three slots that pretty obviously go to schmidt, juolevi and myers? i would think our problem would be finding a dman under contract to fulfill the minimum exposure requirement.
Hughes...lol

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the Canucks need 4 good lines and 6 good D.

Any lineup that includes Beagle and Roussel (and Eriksson) in it or Sutter in it where he is not the 4th line centre is a loser.

the 4th period is saying the Nucks are getting calls on veterans with term.

These have to be Beagle and Roussel (and Eriksson) and maybe Meyers.

If they can move any crappy veterans who are UFA in 2 years it would be like winning the Irish sweepstakes.

schmidt and miller have term also, but yeah, that would be your list if that is actually a thing that is happening. eriksson is still $4 million cash and a $6m aav next year so you have to assume he remains untradeable unless we retain aav, but hope springs eternal. myers is a long term add to any team so i would be surprised. roussel, beagle and sutter are the logical candidates, and sutter should be ahead of the other two except on form.

on form, it would be beagle people are asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad