Fantasy GM Thread | Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Horvat has had some pretty underwhelming wingers to play with so far during most of his career. Pearson and Hoglander are probably the best he’s had for this long a period and one guy is a rookie and the other guy is probably a third liner on a good team. I’m not sure PLD could have done any better in those circumstances although obviously his physical style of play does make him an enticing option.

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Yeah Bo is gonna put up more points if he plays with better players. That’s kinda stating the obvious. What player wouldn’t? What makes him valuable to the team is his ability to produce with below average wingers. By next season we could have the beginnings of a legit 2nd line assuming Pods comes over and lives up to the hype.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I read something, from a less then reputable site, about a possible multi player trade between Anaheim and Vancouver.

The name Derek Grant was included. Can we please trade Virtanen and not require an lower mainland native be included? (If the rumor is true.)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Seems that Benning still has the steering wheel...It will be interesting to see what moves he does around the TDL...?...Hopefully, he's purely selling, and not buying.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Benning has a strong suit?
Hes gotta nice chair

10158320.jpg

Reactions: Luckylarry

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
Seems that Benning still has the steering wheel...It will be interesting to see what moves he does around the TDL...?...Hopefully, he's purely selling, and not buying.

how are you so smug about Benning staying?

it's been 7 years and outside of a few first round picks that are above average we have nothing.

and worse, why are you pretending to hope he will be selling? WHY would a GM in his 7th year who hasn't accomplished a thing and is under the gun be thinking of selling to better the franchise in the future?

enough!

Reactions: m9 and Pavel96

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Hey, the white board!

Philedelphia!
Pittsburg!
What an incredible OBC make work idea, I'm going to do manually what countless databases already do (and probably is someone's paid task in the organization to track and update) and the media is going to act like I'm proving mathematic theorems

Reactions: timw33

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
how are you so smug about Benning staying?

it's been 7 years and outside of a few first round picks that are above average we have nothing.

and worse, why are you pretending to hope he will be selling? WHY would a GM in his 7th year who hasn't accomplished a thing and is under the gun be thinking of selling to better the franchise in the future?

enough!
Chill out, man...Firing (and replacing) the front office in the middle of a pandemic isn't going to happen. (and was never going to)
Do you want him to be buying at the TDL..?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yeah Bo is gonna put up more points if he plays with better players. That’s kinda stating the obvious. What player wouldn’t? What makes him valuable to the team is his ability to produce with below average wingers. By next season we could have the beginnings of a legit 2nd line assuming Pods comes over and lives up to the hype.

7 years into Benning's tenure, he's maybe found the franchise's captain some decent linemates. We should all be so thankful.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
7 years into Benning's tenure, he's maybe found the franchise's captain some decent linemates. We should all be so thankful.
Imo Podzilla isn’t the proper style of winger for Bo. Yes they will work okay together (Pods will make any line better) but Bo really needs a puck carrying - zone entry - winger. Ehlers would have been ideal. #Thanks Benning.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
List of players that are top9F and top4 D that have been traded since 2014

Coleman Teravainen Trocheck Niederreiter-Rask Roslovic-Laine-Dubois Domi-Anderson Granlund-Fiala Stone-Brannstrom Pacioretty-Suzuki-Tatar O'Reilly Schenn Burakovsky Foligno Johansson Bonino Kessel Schmaltz-D.Strome E.Kane Henrique Oshie Eller Eberle-R.Strome Pageau Ritchie-Heinen Coyle-Donato Hayes Kapanen McCann Zucker Panarin-Saad Zibanejad Palmeiri Hyman Barrie Kerfoot-Kadri Toffoli Danault Nyquist Duchene Lucic C.Brown

Sergachev-Drouin Hamilton-Hanifin-Lindholm Zadorov C.Murphy-Hjalmarsson S.Jones-Johanson Toews Schultz Dillon Matheson Pettersson Subban-Weber Montour Muzzin Trouba-Pionk Faulk-Edmundson Petry E.Karlsson-Tierney-Norris ALarsson-Hall

How many of these would you have paid for

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
List of players that are top9F and top4 D that have been traded since 2014

Coleman Teravainen Trocheck Niederreiter-Rask Roslovic-Laine-Dubois Domi-Anderson Granlund-Fiala Stone-Brannstrom Pacioretty-Suzuki-Tatar O'Reilly Schenn Burakovsky Foligno Johansson Bonino Kessel Schmaltz-D.Strome E.Kane Henrique Oshie Eller Eberle-R.Strome Pageau Ritchie-Heinen Coyle-Donato Hayes Kapanen McCann Zucker Panarin-Saad Zibanejad Palmeiri Hyman Barrie Kerfoot-Kadri Toffoli Danault Nyquist Duchene Lucic C.Brown

Sergachev-Drouin Hamilton-Hanifin-Lindholm Zadorov C.Murphy-Hjalmarsson S.Jones-Johanson Toews Schultz Dillon Matheson Pettersson Subban-Weber Montour Muzzin Trouba-Pionk Faulk-Edmundson Petry E.Karlsson-Tierney-Norris ALarsson-Hall

How many of these would you have paid for
Can I find a slight technicality in your post and argue that instead?

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Thread up on the main board about the value of Dallas pieces in a potential rebuild...doubt we ever trade with Dallas but I would kill for Faksa. Exactly what this team needs and signed for a reasonable 3.25 AAV.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I wonder if there is any combination of Gaudette / Virtanen / Juolevi that could possibly land Jake Debrusk.
Debrusk has 1 goal on the year (PP goal, no ES goals) and only 5 pts so ya he's struggling and his cap hit is heavy at $3.7MM but i think he's just in a rut..change of scenery might b good for him

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
I wonder if there is any combination of Gaudette / Virtanen / Juolevi that could possibly land Jake Debrusk.
Debrusk has 1 goal on the year (PP goal, no ES goals) and only 5 pts so ya he's struggling and his cap hit is heavy at $3.7MM but i think he's just in a rut..change of scenery might b good for him

I don't want any player that the Bruins put on the block. Looking at their organizational record in the last 5 years the only player that seemed to have improved and lived up to their potential is Vatrano

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
What do you guys think our key RFAs will be getting for their upcoming contracts?

I wouldn't be surprised if both Hughes and Pettersson get put on the Barzal deal, whereas Demko gets something like 2 x 3.5M (or when is his RFA status up?)

Assuming the above happens and we bring back Edler at similar money, this roster is probably going to be even worse next year.

Myers getting taken by Seattle would be a nice help. I don't hate the player but he's not a "top half of the lineup" player and we can't afford to pay him like one.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Bridge Hughes
Sign Pettersson long term
Demko gets a similar deal to blackwood

fill out the rest later

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
When Pod gets here I would try these lines out

Stylez, Silky Mitts and Clutch
Dangles, Beastmode and The Solution
Masterclass, Tripz and Filthy Skillz
Lightning, The Rock and Raging Horse

Sorry I have my own nicknames for the boys, it’s pretty self explanatory though

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
When Pod gets here I would try these lines out

Stylez, Silky Mitts and Clutch
Dangles, Beastmode and The Solution
Masterclass, Tripz and Filthy Skillz
Lightning, The Rock and Raging Horse

Sorry I have my own nicknames for the boys, it’s pretty self explanatory though

I think we should start referring to each other with "hockey nicknames". With your multifaceted handle, your options are "Janner", "Bullsy", "Pigs", or "Backs".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->