Fantasy GM Thread | Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Sutter being linked to the oilers for a fourth. Was hoping to at least get a 3rd for him.

Canucks goal should be

2nd+C prospect for Pearson
3rd for Sutter at 50%
5th for Benn at 50%

and if they're really lucky a late first for Edler @50% (if he waives)

Last edited:
Reactions: David71 and m9

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Sutter has a 15 team no trade list, which complicates moving him. Most likely that list does not include Calgary, Edmonton or Winnipeg so there's a chance they might bid up his price to a 3rd rounder. Otherwise we could well see another Hamhuis situation where the Canucks turn down a deal because it's "too low".

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I'd like to see lines like this before we move Virtanen/Gaudette:

Lotto line
Hoglander Horvat Virtanen/Gaudette
Pearson Sutter Gaudette/Virtanen
Michaelis Beagle MacEwen

Edler Schmidt
Hughes Hamonic
Juolevi Myers

Wouldnt even mind swapping Hoglander down to the 3rd line to be the puck carrier and playmaker for Sutter and Pearson while Horvat lines up between Gaudette and Virtanen

Reactions: HockeyWooot

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Before Virtanen is traded I just wanna see this line together for one game to see if they can go an entire game without completing one pass

Pearson Sutter Virtanen

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Sutter being linked to the oilers for a fourth. Was hoping to at least get a 3rd for him.

Canucks goal should be

3rd for Sutter at 50%
5th for Benn at 50%

What's the source on the Sutter interest from EDM?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'd like to see lines like this before we move Virtanen/Gaudette:

Lotto line
Hoglander Horvat Virtanen/Gaudette
Pearson Sutter Gaudette/Virtanen
Michaelis Beagle MacEwen

Edler Schmidt
Hughes Hamonic
Juolevi Myers

Wouldnt even mind swapping Hoglander down to the 3rd line to be the puck carrier and playmaker for Sutter and Pearson while Horvat lines up between Gaudette and Virtanen
Miller gets the press box ?

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

Canucks goal should be

3rd for Sutter at 50%
5th for Benn at 50%

You can’t absorb salary on 3 players. 2 is the max. Edler will never waive. Not sure why this is brought up every year

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's really frustrating. It isn't punitive and he isn't learning anything from it, Green will go on about icing a team that presents the best chance to win, but our vets have been dogshit for the most part. There is no accountability for them when they make mistakes that would have a young player out of the lineup.

As much as Torts didn't work here. That is one aspect of his coaching I sorely miss. He doesn't give a once ounce of a damn if you've been playing one year or ten. He'll bench you if he thinks will benefit the team.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
As much as Torts didn't work here. That is one aspect of his coaching I sorely miss. He doesn't give a once ounce of a damn if you've been playing one year or ten. He'll bench you if he thinks will benefit the team.
Yup. Torts makes every player accountable to their teammates.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

Canucks goal should be

3rd for Sutter at 50%
5th for Benn at 50%

The Oilers don’t have a 3rd in 2021, or a 2nd.

I’ve been wondering whether the Leafs would go all in and move major assets for JT Miller. Say, Miller and Benn both with full retention for Sandin, a 1st and a 2nd. Toronto really doesn’t have any dead cap to send back, however.

Reactions: NomadicCanadian

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
You can just hit the like button pal
I don’t see one.

upload_2021-3-1_13-25-8.png

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I wonder if a Pearson for Dermott type package would entice the Leafs at all. They're gonna lose Dermott in the expansion draft anyways.

Wouldn't be opposed to that at all if they'd bite. But we really do need right side D more than left side. A BIG upgrade on Benn and a long term partner for Hughes is priority on the back end.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Wouldn't be opposed to that at all if they'd bite. But we really do need right side D more than left side. A BIG upgrade on Benn and a long term partner for Hughes is priority on the back end.

I think they need help on both sides. There's no Edler replacement coming down the pipe. Anyways, both Dermott and Schmidt can play both sides.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
Is it crazy to try and trade for Savard out of Columbus to play at least a couple seasons with Hughes? He's a Ufa with a pretty low cap hit but maybe the Canucks could extend him. I'd also see what the cost is for Mikael Granlund from Nashville, might be a good stop gap 3c. Otherwise I'd be looking at teams with to many dmen for the expansion draft and target a decent young RHD

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Is it crazy to try and trade for Savard out of Columbus to play at least a couple seasons with Hughes? He's a Ufa with a pretty low cap hit but maybe the Canucks could extend him. I'd also see what the cost is for Mikael Granlund from Nashville, might be a good stop gap 3c. Otherwise I'd be looking at teams with to many dmen for the expansion draft and target a decent young RHD

We should not be paying any assets for pending free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->