Fantasy Football

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Was wondering the same thing. Guess it’s the magic, lol.
it's not magic, it wouldn't allow me to move out Howard because I had 2 ineligible players in my IR..which I already knew would be the case..it wouldn't even let me submit a waiver claim until those two were put in my active roster..

I don't care you got the QB, but there is no way you should get a player with 3 ineligible players in your IR..you needed to release 3 players and then bring them from the IR and into your active roster..

@ChiHawks10 - this is crazy, that should not be allowed as you cannot make roster moves (adding players from waivers or trades) wen you have players in your IR spots that are not listed as OUT or IR...you can move players in your lineup from active to bench, but you can't pick up free agents with ineligible players in the IR spots.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
it's not magic, it wouldn't allow me to move out Howard because I had 2 ineligible players in my IR..which I already knew would be the case..it wouldn't even let me submit a waiver claim until those two were put in my active roster..

I don't care you got the QB, but there is no way you should get a player with 3 ineligible players in your IR..you needed to release 3 players and then bring them from the IR and into your active roster..

@ChiHawks10 - this is crazy, that should not be allowed as you cannot make roster moves (adding players from waivers or trades) wen you have players in your IR spots that are not listed as OUT or IR...

Like I said, Yahoo is unpredictable. It blows but apparently things go both ways.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Like I said, Yahoo is unpredictable. It blows but apparently things go both ways.
let the commish decide, he can reverse moves or make you drop the players you should have had to drop..

I am 100% voting against your move, as you needed to drop 3 players from your roster to pick up that QB like everyone else would have needed to do including myself.

there is no way this move should be allowed period.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, I have no idea how that was allowed to happen. I can't even swap players into and out of the lineup, or drop a player, if I have ineligible players on IR...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, I have no idea how that was allowed to happen. I can't even swap players into and out of the lineup, or drop a player, if I have ineligible players on IR...
you can't let that go through man..that is bullshit to all of us...if he wants the QB then he needs to drop 3 players and move his IR guys to his active roster..we don't deal in glitches here when you have the way to correct it. sorry not being a dick, but that is just wrong.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
@ColdSteel2

Try to put a guy into your lineup, or make a lineup change. I want to see what happens. You shouldn't be able to, since your roster is over the limit. If he can't make lineup changes, @AmericanDream then he'll have to drop two players to meet the roster limit size.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
@ColdSteel2

Try to put a guy into your lineup, or make a lineup change. I want to see what happens. You shouldn't be able to, since your roster is over the limit.

No issues. When I was in the championship in hockey last year, plopps got an extra move due to Yahoo, now this happened. Things even out.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
@ColdSteel2

Try to put a guy into your lineup, or make a lineup change. I want to see what happens. You shouldn't be able to, since your roster is over the limit.
you can move a player from active to bench WITH ineligible players in the IR spots..it doesn't block you from making those moves...it used to years ago, but leagues have allowed you to at least manage your active roster without dropping a player from your IR spot...BUT, you cannot make acquisitions with ineligible players in your IR spots..and like him, my guys were all questionable last night and it would not allow me to make a waiver claim which is correct.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No issues. When I was in the championship in hockey last year, plopps got an extra move due to Yahoo, now this happened. Things even out.

I meant to swap a guy into the lineup and leave him in there. I took a screenshot of the lineup and nothing is changed. I want to see it allow the change.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
no sorry, I am 100% voting against your move...I don't care about hockey last year or what did or didn't happen - you need to drop your players like everyone of us else needs to do..keep the QB man, hope he tears it up for you.., but you need to pick 3 players to drop man...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
you can move a player from active to bench WITH ineligible players in the IR spots..it doesn't block you from making those moves...it used to years ago, but leagues have allowed you to at least manage your active roster without dropping a player from your IR spot...BUT, you cannot make acquisitions with ineligible players in your IR spots..and like him, my guys were all questionable last night and it would not allow me to make a waiver claim which is correct.

I'm pretty sure I was stopped from doing just this in this football league this season... I didn't think you could move a guy from a bench slot into the lineup while having ineligible guys on IR.

Just went and looked, and they do allow intra-roster moves, but

"Once activated in real-life, you can’t complete any transaction that adds a player until you activate the once ‘out’ player on your fantasy team."

CS, by rules of the league, you need to drop two players to meet the max league roster limit.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
As a sportsman, I will voluntarily drop 2 players. Fuller is hurt and his team is playing tomorrow so I’m not going to clear a spot for him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm pretty sure I was stopped from doing just this in this football league this season... I didn't think you could move a guy from a bench slot into the lineup while having ineligible guys on IR.

Just went and looked, and they do allow intra-roster moves, but

"Once activated in real-life, you can’t complete any transaction that adds a player until you activate the once ‘out’ player on your fantasy team."

CS, by rules of the league, you need to drop two players to meet the max league roster limit.
yeah, you can move your roster around as long as the guys in the IR spots stay in the IR spots, even if questionable..I like that because we know a player is out, a team says he will be out but they don't list him out right away (he was on IR the game prior, they always list him as Q the next week regardless) so you can still manage your active roster while keeping that guy in your IR spot..

his move shouldn't have gone through and he knows it shouldn't have gone through. I don't care if he got a QB and torches me with him..but the system would not let me or you make that same move..that just isn't right.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
As a sportsman, I will voluntarily drop 2 players. Fuller is hurt and his team is playing tomorrow so I’m not going to clear a spot for him.

Thanks man. I just want to keep the integrity of the league solid. Stand-up move.

I did go back and research the issue with hockey last season, and it was different in that Pasta was actually tagged as on IR again, at which point plopps put him back in the IR slot. That was a bit different situation than actually being able to add a player(something that Yahoo does not allow by design of the system) while players are ineligible on IR.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wouldn't have even noticed if we weren't playing each other..I actually was laughing last night as both our teams had guys on IR that were all questionable..I literally said we both have to drop players to even make a move..then I checked this morning and you got a QB without moving your IR guys...I have no idea how it let that go through because those guys were listed as questionable on Monday same as mine. Your QB will probably tear it up and scorch me regardless..but thank you, you are a good man!

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I wouldn't have even noticed if we weren't playing each other..I actually was laughing last night as both our teams had guys on IR that were all questionable..I literally said we both have to drop players to even make a move..then I checked this morning and you got a QB without moving your IR guys...I have no idea how it let that go through because those guys were listed as questionable on Monday same as mine. Your QB will probably tear it up and scorch me regardless..but thank you, you are a good man!

Yeah, it's a weird one. By design, the Yahoo system isn't supposed to allow you to add. CS is being cool about it, though, so I think we're good. :thumbu:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Not even sure why I put that move in. Think it was because I picked up that kicker Sunday night to block Kurtosis and didn’t want that to happen to me with the QBs, didn’t even cross my mind about the IR.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I like how Yahoo handles IR slots, maybe it was just the timing of when the moves were entered. If they were entered and the guy was still O, but when the move processed the guy was a D or Q Yahoo still moves forward with it.

Due to injuries I had to pick up Mitch to start... wow that's scary. If he can at least stay in and get me a couple TD's

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I like how Yahoo handles IR slots, maybe it was just the timing of when the moves were entered. If they were entered and the guy was still O, but when the move processed the guy was a D or Q Yahoo still moves forward with it.

Due to injuries I had to pick up Mitch to start... wow that's scary. If he can at least stay in and get me a couple TD's

This is a bug, and shouldn't be utilized that way. Read through the last page. It's why CS dropped players... you're not supposed to be able to add players if guys are incorrectly on IR. That's exploitation of a bug. Please don't do this moving forward.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
This is a bug, and shouldn't be utilized that way. Read through the last page. It's why CS dropped players... you're not supposed to be able to add players if guys are incorrectly on IR. That's exploitation of a bug. Please don't do this moving forward.

I have never done it but with Fantasy leagues we shouldn't have to self manage. We should do it as the website allows, I have gone to put in moves with guys in my IR that were now listed at D or Q and Yahoo forced me to make a decision on those guys 1st. That's what I like. I'm not sure what happened with ColdSteel's transaction.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I have never done it but with Fantasy leagues we shouldn't have to self manage. We should do it as the website allows, I have gone to put in moves with guys in my IR that were now listed at D or Q and Yahoo forced me to make a decision on those guys 1st. That's what I like. I'm not sure what happened with ColdSteel's transaction.

The exact situation as yours.

He created a waiver claim while players were still on IR. The IR eligibility for guys listed as O goes away after the first practice of the week(typically Monday or Tuesday), and it reverts back to D or Q. Because the waiver add was made while the players were on IR, it still processes it, thus letting him add multiple players over the allowed roster size. Like I said, it's why CS dropped a couple players the other day if you read back in the thread. Even with a waiver add, it should not process it through if the guys are ineligible for IR, and still in those slots, but for some reason, it does.

This is a bug in Yahoo's application. According to Yahoo rules, you should not be able to add players while others are in IR slots that do not meet the qualifications for IR. Essentially, you're cheating the system, and adding players over your max roster size, by using a bug in the system.

It's not a matter of self-policing or self-managing. It's a matter of sportsmanship. It's essentially cheating...

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
6 straight L’s for AD. All he had to do was win 1 of those and he’d have clinched. Unreal.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: RayP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad