Fantasy Football 2016 (Offseason Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If your in a keeper league and need some advice, this is the place!

Here is my 2015 roster. Gotta keep 4.

QB
Kirk Cousins
Matt Ryan

WR
Randall Cobb
Allen Robinson
Michael Crabtree
Emmanuel Sanders
Stefon Diggs
Willie Snead

RB
Matt Forte
DeMarco Murray
Denard Robinson
Ronnie Hillman

TE
Tyler Eifert
Zach Miller

K & D doesn't matter.

Thoughts?

It's tough to throw Sanders back, but they have no QB right now.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It's tough to throw Sanders back, but they have no QB right now.

You're keeping Murray over Forte? I benched Murray pretty much the last 4 weeks and won the championship. He was a complete bust for me.

I think Forte and Robinson are my only for sures. Cobb struggled much of last year, but Nelson being out might have a lot to do with that. I might consider Cousins, he was a late season pick up off the waiver wire and killed it for me down the stretch.

Is Eifert worth keeping? Had a hell of a season, tons of TD's, can he repeat?

Sanders and Crabtree are solid, but worth keeping?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You're keeping Murray over Forte? I benched Murray pretty much the last 4 weeks and won the championship. He was a complete bust for me.

I think Forte and Robinson are my only for sures. Cobb struggled much of last year, but Nelson being out might have a lot to do with that. I might consider Cousins, he was a late season pick up off the waiver wire and killed it for me down the stretch.

Forte is old, and the Jets also signed two other RBs. Murray is going to be the guy in Tennessee. If they draft the Ole Miss tackle first, that only helps his value.

The only TE worth keeping in a keep four is Gronk in my opinion.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

I would keep Murray, Cobb, Robinson and Eifert.

I think Eifert's td totals will regress but his yards should increase. With Sanu and Jones gone he see plenty of targets.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
How are we ranking the receivers for dynasty rookie drafts? For me:

1. Doctson (yes, I know he's older, but I like the fit)
2. Coleman (bad landing spot... felt like he could be Antonio Brown lite in the right system)
3. Treadwell (slow, but a good route runner)
4. Fuller (deep threat)

Elliott is the obvious #1 overall pick in rookie drafts this year.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
How are we ranking the receivers for dynasty rookie drafts? For me:

1. Doctson (yes, I know he's older, but I like the fit)
2. Coleman (bad landing spot... felt like he could be Antonio Brown lite in the right system)
3. Treadwell (slow, but a good route runner)
4. Fuller (deep threat)

Elliott is the obvious #1 overall pick in rookie drafts this year.

1. Coleman
2. Treadwell
3. Doctson

Fuller will be behind some guys drafted today.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Ok with drafts coming up soon (1-2 months), I need some help with dynasty league questions.

I get to keep 3 players from this list.

QB
Derek Carr (for a 6th round pick)
Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB
Jamaal Charles (for a 6th round pick)
Matt Forte
Latavius Murray

WR
Jordy Nelson
Allen Robinson
Brandon Marshall
Larry Fitzgerald

TE
Jordan Reed

I didnt show my whole team cause the other guys are fillers. I can only pick 3 from the above list, and I would have to choose between Carr & Charles

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I may or may not have given up too much for the #1 pick in a dynasty PPR league.

I gave up pick #5, Sammy Watkins and DeSean Jackson. I'm obviously going to pick Ezekiel Elliott. I desperately needed a running back.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Elite RBs, especially in dynasty leagues, are worth their weight in gold. There's always a bunch of good WRs available in any draft, even if people keep the top level guys.

There's like 5 elite RBs in the entire league. If you get one in dynasty, you're laughing.

Watkins and Jackson are huge injury risks and are really inconsistent.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Anyone else feel like Devonta Freeman will be the biggest trap player this season? He was a beast last year, but that came out of nowhere. He's got "CJ Anderson" syndrome written all over him, in my opinion. Someone will take him early in the 1st round and then hate themselves for it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Elite RBs, especially in dynasty leagues, are worth their weight in gold. There's always a bunch of good WRs available in any draft, even if people keep the top level guys.

There's like 5 elite RBs in the entire league. If you get one in dynasty, you're laughing.

Watkins and Jackson are huge injury risks and are really inconsistent.

Totally disagree with your first point. Build your dynasty team around great, young WR's and you will be set for years. Stream value-RBs and you'll be just fine.

I think the pricetag for Elliott was too much. You're buying at the absolute peak of his value, too.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Totally disagree with your first point. Build your dynasty team around great, young WR's and you will be set for years. Stream value-RBs and you'll be just fine.

I think the pricetag for Elliott was too much. You're buying at the absolute peak of his value, too.

I think I gave up too much as well, but I didn't post the context of my team.

I had Jeremy Maclin projected to be on my bench (have Jordy Nelson, Amari Cooper, Mike Evans ahead of him, as well as Watkins), and I only had three running backs on a 22 man roster (Arian Foster, Gio Bernard and Lamar Miller). I had the WR depth to overpay.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think I gave up too much as well, but I didn't post the context of my team.

I had Jeremy Maclin projected to be on my bench (have Jordy Nelson, Amari Cooper, Mike Evans ahead of him, as well as Watkins), and I only had three running backs on a 22 man roster (Arian Foster, Gio Bernard and Lamar Miller). I had the WR depth to overpay.

Yeah, fair enough. Can't argue with needing a RB in that situation.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Speaking of CJ Anderson, he seems like someone who can have a bounce back year under Kubiak without Manning slinging. Opinions?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Anyone else feel like Devonta Freeman will be the biggest trap player this season? He was a beast last year, but that came out of nowhere. He's got "CJ Anderson" syndrome written all over him, in my opinion. Someone will take him early in the 1st round and then hate themselves for it.

I think he's more of an early third rounder (bump him up in PPR leagues, though) since I read that they want to get Coleman involved and reduce Freeman's workload.

Speaking of CJ Anderson, he seems like someone who can have a bounce back year under Kubiak without Manning slinging. Opinions?

They still have questions at quarterback, though. I read that they want to start a 7th rounder from last year (Trevor Siemian... spelling?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad