Fantasy Football 2016 (Offseason Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Mark Ingram or David Johnson. Who would you rather have in a standard keeper league? I currently have Ingram, but I'm thinking of proposing a trade for Johnson.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Mark Ingram or David Johnson. Who would you rather have in a standard keeper league? I currently have Ingram, but I'm thinking of proposing a trade for Johnson.

Yahoo has David Johnson in the top five in their way too early rankings for 2016. I think that's way too aggressive, but I like him better than Ingram. If you could get that trade done, I'd be in favor.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Agreed. Sky's the limit for Johnson. Guy has great size, speed, hands, and is serviceable in pass protection. Ingram can't stay healthy and seems to have a pretty low ceiling.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I have high hopes for Johnson. Got him 24th overall in the rookie draft in my dynasty league and it seems like an absolute steal at this point. I had picks 12 and 24 and ended up with Perriman, Parker, and Johnson after an idiot in my league gave up on Parker in week 6 or 7. In a dynasty league.:laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I have high hopes for Johnson. Got him 24th overall in the rookie draft in my dynasty league and it seems like an absolute steal at this point. I had picks 12 and 24 and ended up with Perriman, Parker, and Johnson after an idiot in my league gave up on Parker in week 6 or 7. In a dynasty league.:laugh:

Someone in one of my dynasty leagues gave up on Parker in the middle of the season, too. I got him off waivers.

I got Parker 7th overall in one league, too. And I got David Johnson in the 2nd round of that same league.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I'll definitely make the offer.

Who are the Top 5 picks next year?

In no order: Gurley, Peterson, Bell, Brown and Freeman?

I think you're overrating RBs. Really, all of those RBs except for Gurley have big question marks. Bell has had two significant knee injuries, Peterson showed some signs of slowing down at the end of the year and will be 31, and Freeman fell off the map as the season went on and is relatively unproven. Gurley hit a wall last year as well, but I think his talent/upside should overcome those question marks going forward. Still, the Rams run blocking has been quite bad for a while now, and he's unproven as well.

With RBs, it's a pretty big gamble at any level. Just look at Fantasy Pros' (site that uses a consensus ranking system among a bunch of different sites/experts) top 20 RBs going into last year:

Rank | RB
1 | Adrian Peterson*MIN*
2 | Le'Veon Bell*PIT*
3 | Eddie Lacy*GB*
4 | Jamaal Charles*KC*
5 | Marshawn Lynch*SEA*
6 | C.J. Anderson*DEN*
7 | Jeremy Hill*CIN*
8 | DeMarco Murray*PHI*
9 | Matt Forte*CHI*
10 | LeSean McCoy*BUF*
11 | Lamar Miller*MIA*
12 | Justin Forsett*BAL*
13 | Mark Ingram*NO*
14 | Frank Gore*IND*
15 | Latavius Murray*OAK*
16 | Alfred Morris*WAS*
17 | Jonathan Stewart*CAR*
18 | Carlos Hyde*SF*
19 | Melvin Gordon*SD*
20 | Andre Ellington*ARI*

That's nothing short of disastrous. If they didn't massively disappoint (whether it was due to injury or not), they were very underwhelming. There are really only a couple exceptions there. Seriously, if you took Forte who missed 3 games and fell nearly 600 yards and 3 TD away from last year's production, you were still one of the luckier ones.

Sure, it makes it all that more important when you do actually land a good RB, but it's just such a big risk to waste a 1st round pick on a potential disaster. Outside of Gurley (and possibly Bell, depending on how he's progressing around draft time), I just think the risk may outweigh the rewards relative to a position like WR.

With WR, you know what you're getting. Brown, Julio and OBJ are all money in the bank, and I believe they should be surefire top 5 picks. I would personally take Brown at 1.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
What do you guys make of Jordy Nelson's dynasty value? I have him in two dynasties, and I'm thinking about moving him a few weeks into the season if he does well. Or should I sell now?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
What do you guys make of Jordy Nelson's dynasty value? I have him in two dynasties, and I'm thinking about moving him a few weeks into the season if he does well. Or should I sell now?

I see no reason to not just simply slot him back where he was before he went down. ACL injuries haven't been nearly as damaging for players coming back as they used to be, and the way Green Bay's offense suffered without him will simply reinforce how important he's going to be in that passing game going forward. Maybe Rodgers relies even more on him now with Cobb's poor performance last year.

Top receiver group is Brown, OBJ and Jones, then you have guys like D. Bryant, Robinson, Hopkins, and Green (I'd like to see what situations Jeffery and D. Thomas are in before I rank them). I'd put Nelson near the end of that group at the moment. Any way you look at it, that's elite company.

Definitely don't sell now as some people will definitely see the injury as a big factor in his value. I wouldn't sell him if he starts doing well either, unless you can get an upgrade coming back obviously. If he's doing well, he's doing well. Why trade him? He's so well proven that you know it won't be some kind of fluke.

I understand there's a risk of "what if he's not the same?", but I just think it's a bigger risk to trade an elite receiver when his value isn't as high as it likely will be down the road.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
What do you guys think of Sammy Watkins next season. He was unbelievable after the bye week, 900 yards and 7 tds in his last 9 games.

Is he keeper worthy? Top 15 WR?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
It depends on how many you keep. I think he's a WR2 for sure, but I'm not sure if he'd crack my top 15.

My keeper options are: Russell Wilson, Amari Cooper, Keenan Allen, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, Golden Tate, CJ Anderson, Jeremy Hill, Jay Ajayi, Carlos Hyde, and Melvin Gordon.

Must keep at least 2 with up to 4. 0.5 PPR

I was leaning towards Cooper, Allen, Watkins, and Kelce.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Do you lose your first four picks if you keep four players? Or do you lose the round you picked them in? Or neither?

If you only keep 2 you lose the last two rounds. If you keep 3 or 4 you lose the last two rounds than your 1st or 2nd rounder.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Interesting...

I don't think it's worth keeping three or four, then. I don't see any players on your list that I would take in the first two rounds off the top of my head.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What do you guys think of Sammy Watkins next season. He was unbelievable after the bye week, 900 yards and 7 tds in his last 9 games.

Is he keeper worthy? Top 15 WR?

2 yrs ina row I've had him and every week I want to tear my hair out. he'll get like 20 yards facing Revis, then get 120 next time he faces the Jets. Or he'll have 3 **** games in a row, then explode for multi-TD performances wit over 100 yards.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Interesting...

I don't think it's worth keeping three or four, then. I don't see any players on your list that I would take in the first two rounds off the top of my head.

Im thinking of going with a zero RB strategy next year since I got burned badly by keeping Anderson and Hill last season. My league has 2 WR spots, 1 RB, 1 TE and 2 flex spots.

So I was thinking of keeping Allen, Cooper, and Watkins so that would be at least 200 catches, 3000 yards, and 20 tds and Kelce is my every week TE. Then I would grab another WR with my first pick, hopefully a Landry or Edleman etc. Then I would just grab a bunch of high upside RBs and hope at least one of them breaks out.

If I were to only keep 2 players who would you suggest?

2 yrs ina row I've had him and every week I want to tear my hair out. he'll get like 20 yards facing Revis, then get 120 next time he faces the Jets. Or he'll have 3 **** games in a row, then explode for multi-TD performances wit over 100 yards.

Yeah I agree he can be frustrating to own but he has the talent to be a stud WR. He has 2000 yards and 15 in his first 2 years and he's more than able to take a big leap in year 3.

Another key is whether or not Glenn and Incognito return. The left side of the line was one of the keys to the Bills being able to run the ball so effectively, these two were anchors, very consistent strong performers. If they lose either player and can't find a suitable replacement, the entire offense is subject to change.

Overall I was encouraged by what I saw from Watkins after the bye week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I just traded for A.J. Green in a four sport dynasty. Hopefully, the Bengals take a WR high in the draft since Jones and Sanu are both free agents. This year's free agent class for WRs is horrible.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Keeper Advice/Discussion Thread

If your in a keeper league and need some advice, this is the place!

Here is my 2015 roster. Gotta keep 4.

QB
Kirk Cousins
Matt Ryan

WR
Randall Cobb
Allen Robinson
Michael Crabtree
Emmanuel Sanders
Stefon Diggs
Willie Snead

RB