OT: Fantasy Draft Discussion Thread

What should the cap be set at? (in millions)

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Quick thought.

Should we say that you can only have one unbalanced defence pair?

So you need to have two defence pairs that match Lefty-Righty. That would be more like NHL teams and would make us put more thought into our selections.
I think that makes sense to me.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well we have 10 people which seems like a decent number. I’d say we can start the draft tomorrow say 10am MST? 4 hour draft window? I’ll put the names into a random generator for the draft order and post that in a few if that works for everyone.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Maybe hold off a couple more days?

I mean I'm good whenever, just would like to see if we cant get a couple more people involved first. But I'm also fine with starting tomorrow if everyone else is.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

I mean I'm good whenever, just would like to see if we cant get a couple more people involved first. But I'm also fine with starting tomorrow if everyone else is.

yeah, let’s give it a couple days, some people don’t check this over the weekend.

Let's vote on a salary cap and/or position rule. Maybe we use a web site's listing of player position as the rule of thumb?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

yeah, let’s give it a couple days, some people don’t check this over the weekend.

Let's vote on a salary cap and/or position rule. Maybe we use a web site's listing of player position as the rule of thumb?
Totally fine with me.

I know for positions some sites list multiple so would we want to do they can the positions listed or do we want to lock it to one only?

I think I have the cap at 85 in the OP, so we can adjust from there.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Totally fine with me.

I know for positions some sites list multiple so would we want to do they can the positions listed or do we want to lock it to one only?

I think I have the cap at 85 in the OP, so we can adjust from there.

Usually if someone is multiple they are flex position, keeps it simple.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Well we have 10 people which seems like a decent number. I’d say we can start the draft tomorrow say 10am MST? 4 hour draft window? I’ll put the names into a random generator for the draft order and post that in a few if that works for everyone.

Any chance we could do it in the evening, or late afternoon?

I’m working from home, so I could probably still participate, but it would be a little tougher.

If that doesn’t work though, no worries.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Can't vote but if we have only 10 people I would say at least 85

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I bailed, lol. I was going to do it but then I couldn’t figure out how you were going to
count points. I was on the fence anyway because I don’t really know too many players on teams not on the Avalanche anymore, tbh.
Basically just a for fun fantasy draft. Just to see who can draft the “best team” for bragging rights. Nothing to competitive just a fun activity to take our mind off the real world.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Basically just a for fun fantasy draft. Just to see who can draft the “best team” for bragging rights. Nothing to competitive just a fun activity to take our mind off the real world.
Gotcha. I was like “sounds like fun” but then afterwards I was like “how is this going to work?” There are no stinking games!

This whole thing is such a downer. I’m glad you are taking the effort to do something fun.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Gotcha. I was like “sounds like fun” but then afterwards I was like “how is this going to work?” There are no stinking games! This whole thing is such a downer. I’m glad you are taking the effort to do something fun.
Yeah it’s nothing super serious just a game to pass the basically. You’re more than welcome to join!

Reactions: 5280

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad