• H: Dallas

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • H: Nashville

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Sorry did I miss the part where McDavid and MacKinnon teams always won the title?

I feel like the best way to do it is 3RR and the draft order depends on how well your team performed last game - if you have never played before ever, you go to the top of the order.

I say that because I do think what GMs get the top picks matters.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Sorry did I miss the part where McDavid and MacKinnon teams always won the title?

I feel like the best way to do it is 3RR and the draft order depends on how well your team performed last game - if you have never played before ever, you go to the top of the order.

I'm doing an unweighted draft lottery for this game

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I always find the McDavid teams do bad in these because they don't know how to build around him.

Would love to give it a crack.

But yeah, top-10 I think is an advantage even with 3RR, but it is not so much of an advantage that any more should be done to handicap them

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017

This seems really flawed and counter productive almost too though. Why are we punishing teams doing well essentially? Should I tank this next game then so I can get a good pick? Using the results of this current game to this point.. I personally would be stuck in the bottom 8 after picking 25th simply cause I drafted well in comparison to draft position.

With the discrepancy of performance between those with early and late picks, combined with this proposed solution, there just isn't much reason to try if you are at the end of the draft. In a sense.. this would encourage tanking (even for teams mid-way through a draft pulling the plug).

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I always find the McDavid teams do bad in these because they don't know how to build around him.

But yeah, top-10 I think is an advantage even with 3RR, but it is not so much of an advantage that any more should be done to handicap them
I desperately want to try and build around McDavid or Crosby

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
This seems really flawed and counter productive almost too though. Why are we punishing teams doing well essentially? Should I tank this next game then so I can get a good pick? Using the results of this current game to this point.. I personally would be stuck in the bottom 8 after picking 25th simply cause I drafted well in comparison to draft position.

With the discrepancy of performance between those with early and late picks, combined with this proposed solution, there just isn't much reason to try if you are at the end of the draft. In a sense.. this would encourage tanking (even for teams mid-way through a draft pulling the plug).
I do want to somehow create a league around this though involving tanking, results, etc. I just can't figure out how.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Or encourage restriction teams, but that could be viewed as tanking. I get your point.

I just don't think there's a real solution to it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I got to the semifinals with McDavid so

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I think the real issue is that I haven't resolved how to solve the missing data for new players issue in Excel.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'm having trouble pulling averages with Excel even with averageifs due to the number of players without values surrounding other players without values chosen at a similar time.

NHLe is a good idea, but it doesn't resolve issues with entries/exits/xGoals and so on that the current algorithm uses.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm having trouble pulling averages with Excel even with averageifs due to the number of players without values surrounding other players without values chosen at a similar time.

NHLe is a good idea, but it doesn't resolve issues with entries/exits/xGoals and so on that the current algorithm uses.
Use past game data for average picks in that slot or slot range?

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Docs gang

Nah fam need that Lotus 1-2-3 clout

Lotus-123.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->