Votes: 11 55.0%
  • H: Nashville

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Wait now Montreal's winning by two, Toronto's up, and Carolina's down by 2. (How? lol. Look past Laf + Crosby, please)

This is why I'm not a fan of hiding votes.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Montreal bottom pair
---------
Christian Djoos - Tim Heed

unless they play five minutes a game, they're going to bleeeeeeeeeed goals against any level of competition. what an awful, awful, awful bad bottom pair.

and if they play five, the other pairs just end up overworked and suffer too. ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE IS THE CORPSE OF GOSTISBEHERE AND A TWO YEARS RUNNING STRUGGLING MANSON

it's so bad that it would literally swing the series to Philly in 5

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
"everything goes right for Detroit" = one young player continues improving, while other young player plays at a level between his prorated 50P season and his 76P season before

lol

I just used the same points for my guys.

Glass is a young player who continues improving.

Dumba is a player that plays in between his great 2017-19 seasons and 2020 season.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I just used the same points for my guys.

Glass is a young player who continues improving.

Dumba is a player that plays in between his great 2017-19 seasons and 2020 season.
and then you wax lyrical about Gaudreau, whom voters have reason to be skeptical over

I'm just telling you the logic for people

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
and then you wax lyrical about Gaudreau, whom voters have reason to be skeptical over

I'm just telling you the logic for people

You also mentioned Bergeron declining when in a healthy world we don't have reason to believe that yet.

We're both doing the exact same things here, that's all I'm saying.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
@Paralyzer008 I would like to inquire as to why you felt a team with Trouba-OEL-Risto-McNabb as their top-4 deserves to beat a team with both Parayko and Slavin.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
My guess is @Paralyzer008 voted for Ottawa, he had Carolina last(!) in the Metro.

More because of a strong Metro but, yes.

I don't like Ottawa's D that much but also after Carolina's 1st pairing, I don't like the rest. I am a noted non-Nurse fan and Demers is not the guy you pair him with at this point in his career. Hellebuyck > Raanta, Forwards are comparable but Sens for me have more dynamic players. I think Drouin ruins that 1st line's effectiveness. It's a 6-7 game series but I slightly preferred Ottawa.

Can't underestimate how Hellebuyck has the ability to elevate the D too. Best goalie in the league last season.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
More because of a strong Metro but, yes.

I don't like Ottawa's D that much but also after Carolina's 1st pairing, I don't like the rest. Hellebuyck > Raanta, Forwards are comparable but Sens for me have more dynamic players. I think Drouin ruins that 1st line's effectiveness. It's a 6-7 game series but I slightly preferred Ottawa.

I know you don't like Nurse, but Risto is worse at every aspect of the game. Forwards are comparable, his goaltending is better, and my defense is much better. I don't like his 2nd line too much either, I think it's a weird fit. Tarasenko needs a good playmaker to play with, and Henrique isn't really that. Ennis is odd there as well. I think Drouin would actually play well with Boeser and Scheifele. Neither player like to hold onto the puck for too long, but they're good at finding and creating space. Drouin would benefit from that.

And I think you're underrating the difference between our top-2 defensemen. Parayko and Slavin are both bonafide #1s. OEL's a #2 and Trouba's a #3.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I know you don't like Nurse, but Risto is worse at every aspect of the game. Forwards are comparable, his goaltending is better, and my defense is much better. I don't like his 2nd line too much either, I think it's a weird fit. Tarasenko needs a good playmaker to play with, and Henrique isn't really that. Ennis is odd there as well. I think Drouin would actually play well with Boeser and Scheifele. Neither player like to hold onto the puck for too long, but they're good at finding and creating space. Drouin would benefit from that.

And I think you're underrating the difference between our top-2 defensemen. Parayko and Slavin are both bonafide #1s. OEL's a #2 and Trouba's a #3.
OEL is a 1

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I'M SO CONFLICTED ON PHILLY VS MONTREAL

I flipped, but forgot Djoos, Heed, and now want to flip again because that pair is absolutely awful
do it. remember by 2021 playoffs, Montreal may be playing Romanov with Weber full-time

I noticed someone flipped too

also stop underrating my better bottom six

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008

Parayko is not a 1. He's a decent #2.

OEL is also a #2 for me but I'd take him over Parayko.

Slavin is a #1 and that gives you the D advantage for sure.

Nurse used to be clear of Risto but his game has declined and I view them closer than ever, but I'd still take Nurse. Both guys in coverage are absolutely lost. Nurse is a better 1v1 defender than Risto but Risto has better offensive instincts. Also McNabb is a solid defender in his own right. The advantage you have for my money is Slavin but after that it evens out.

Where I will agree is Ennis is a weird 2nd line fit but Foegele is not a top six forward either, they're similar calibre. I do prefer Foegele.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Parayko is not a 1. He's a decent #2.

OEL is also a #2 for me but I'd take him over Parayko.

Slavin is a #1 and that gives you the D advantage for sure.

Nurse used to be clear of Risto but his game has declined and I view them closer than ever, but I'd still take Nurse. Both guys in coverage are absolutely lost. Nurse is a better 1v1 defender than Risto but Risto has better offensive instincts. Also McNabb is a solid defender in his own right. The advantage you have for my money is Slavin but after that it evens out.

Where I will agree is Ennis is a weird 2nd line fit but Foegele is not a top six forward either, they're similar calibre. I do prefer Foegele.

Parayko's much better in his own end, and his EV production is very similar. I was hoping that he'd get more pp time with Pie gone, but the addition of Krug will likely prevent that.

Top lines are similar, he might have the slight edge. I prefer my 2nd line, partly because I think his is just a weird fit. None of the players support the others nicely. Third lines are similar, mine is better at scoring and his is better defensively. My 4th line is an energy line that's more effective and has a lot more potential. As an Oilers fan you should know how bad Khaira is now.

And the goaltending difference isn't as large as you made it out to be. As much as I like Hellebuyck, Raanta put up a .921 SV% on a bad ARI team. Playing behind Slavin and Parayko would only improve that.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Did someone actually just f***ing compare Raanta to Hellebuyck?

Edit 1: Hellebuyck's GSAA/60 is literally twice as good as Raanta's was, and this is before we get into any discussion about workload.

Edit 2: Every Arizona goalie put up good numbers this number. Every single one. Adin Hill was the worst at 0.918, so I'm not buying this narrative that putting up great numbers in Arizona is so difficult.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I am currently outraged that Montreal has more votes, and the only rationale possible is that people love Matthews.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I am currently outraged that Montreal has more votes, and the only rationale possible is that people love Matthews.
Tbh it came down to McMullet point out for me who would minute munch on Philly. Weegar?

90% of this game hates Matthews

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad