Fantasy Draft Expansion Game

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yea I'm pretty firm on no trades during the draft. I want to see how it plays out. Every other draft has trades and there always seems to be some sort of issue at some point. I think it will make the teams much closer as well.

I was just looking back at the last one you guys did, and there was a Dvorak for Mackinnon trade with some picks going each way. There were some terrible trades. I sort of agree on the trades part now.

Or at least make it so that you have to send in the trade, and a couple people have to approve it.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Just a reminder.. 2 hour time limit per pick starts 10am ET.

If you're online and notice someone should be skipped please go ahead and notify next GM. I won't be able to check consistently so you can help the draft flow a lot smoother doing that.

Also anyone can update the draft sheet so go ahead if it needs to be updated.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Thought I posted and didn’t get a team but turns out I just didn’t post. I’ll take a team if there’s one available.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Just now realizing how much the cap matters. Look at the guys who picked up Marner and Matthews. superstars on their ELCs.

That will help immensely.

Not that I wouldn't have helped McDavid because he's McDavid but still...it adds another element of strategy.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I hate google docs.

Just now realizing how much the cap matters. Look at the guys who picked up Marner and Matthews. superstars on their ELCs.

That will help immensely.

Not that I wouldn't have helped McDavid because he's McDavid but still...it adds another element of strategy.

Honestly the cap is never really a problem.

Reactions: OB5

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Drafting for cap early usually ends up being a mistake. Elite talent wins out in most GM games.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Gonna keep the draft thread clean of everything except picks, just so that its not 1K+ within several days (assuming a good pace is maintained).

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Just a couple things..

Clock carries over so Vegas had 30 minutes last night to pick, they have an hour and a half today (about to be skipped). If you have a skipped pick and it comes back to your next selection you will be automatically skipped.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Going into a meeting at 12 that will last about an hour. I will make my picks if I can but if not sorry for the wait!

OB5

May 2, 2015
Figured I’d nab a goalie since they’d start going in round 3/4 and I’d get nobody good but people after me don’t seem concerned about that. Thoughts?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Figured I’d nab a goalie since they’d start going in round 3/4 and I’d get nobody good but people after me don’t seem concerned about that. Thoughts?

I think I'll nab one in the 4th/5th round. TBH I was sort of waiting to see what everyone else'd do before I make a move.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

Goalies are voodoo. I can see a lot of goalies being my starter, I can't see a lot of players left to fill my 1C/1D spots.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
It's tough when your picks are 60 apart. I've done a lot of these drafts and it seems the first person to take a goalie is usually the one who had a top 3 pick. I don't think it's a bad play to take Vasilevskiy at that spot.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Can we also make a point to DM the next pick? Tagging is fine but with the DM they get an email.

Reactions: spitsfan24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad