Fantasy Draft Expansion Game

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So 7 teams left for drafting. We don't need Seattle's GM until after the draft anyways. We will start the clock on Monday and I will let people take on 2 teams if needed (You have to give your 2nd team up if someone wants to join). I'll also post the google sheet with draft order and rosters tomorrow. Draft can start with no time limit once I do that.

Reactions: OB5

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Draft order:
1. Montreal
2. Vancouver
3. Buffalo
4. ????
5. Vegas
6. Columbus
7. Chicago
8. Los Angeles
9. Minnesota
10. ????
11. NY Islanders
12. Florida
13. Boston
14. Carolina
15. Pittsburgh
16. Washington
17. Tampa Bay
18. San Jose
19. New Jersey
20. Edmonton
21. Colorado
22. Detroit
23. Calgary
24. ????
25. ????
26. Dallas
27. Winnipeg
28. ????
29. Ottawa
30. Toronto
31. St. Louis

Reactions: Zemgus26

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Anyone who would like to take on one of the available teams as a second team can do so.

Just remember if someone comes along and wants to take that team you'll have to give it up.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I posted the full draft board in the draft thread.

PHI, NYR, NSH, ANA, ARZ need GM's.

Feel free to take another team, I'm not expecting many more people to sign up before we start.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Looking at the previous gm game, trading was allowed with other teams. I thought that might be cool, and would definitely help if you realise that you have a far stronger offense than a defence, and you can trade a forward for a defensemen with another team.

IDK, just my 0.02.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Looking at the previous gm game, trading was allowed with other teams. I thought that might be cool, and would definitely help if you realise that you have a far stronger offense than a defence, and you can trade a forward for a defensemen with another team.

IDK, just my 0.02.
The thing I don't like about trading in these is someone always gets fleeced and it's often the reason someone ends up winning. I'll think about allowing it after the draft but right now I'd prefer to just have it with Seattle at the end. It also makes the draft go more smooth.

Reactions: Llamamoto

OB5

May 2, 2015
I think we should allow trades but there has to be some kind of approval process to avoid what is clearly an issue

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
For those that are new to these mock drafts and want trades I totally understand your reasoning why , it can make the draft more fun, interesting , and realistic. With that said though I’ve done several of these with Joey and others over the years and honestly trading is more of a hindrance then help. It tends to slow down the draft and leads to mistakes and arguments. In fact one draft was folded due to such issues . No one wants to be the guy that’s getting harassed for making a bad deal . Take this for what it’s worth, just my honest opinion.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Yea I'm pretty firm on no trades during the draft. I want to see how it plays out. Every other draft has trades and there always seems to be some sort of issue at some point. I think it will make the teams much closer as well.

Reactions: OB5

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No one else wants one of these open teams? I don’t really want to draft for 5 teams. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad