Fantasy Draft Expansion Game

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

What was the point of me taking the team over in the first place? Why couldn’t they have just been thrown out of the game when he quit?

I put quite a bit of effort into trying to make that team semi-decent, and I think I did a pretty good job despite the mess that was left over.

Upsets happen. Look at the Islanders this year. It’s part of what makes these games fun. If you want to play by your own rules and just cut the team out, sure, but I’m not going to be bothered to play then. Hence my asking for neither or both teams to be removed.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
What was the point of me taking the team over in the first place? Why couldn’t they have just been thrown out of the game when he quit?

I put quite a bit of effort into trying to make that team semi-decent, and I think I did a pretty good job despite the mess that was left over.

Upsets happen. Look at the Islanders this year. It’s part of what makes these games fun. If you want to play by your own rules and just cut the team out, sure, but I’m not going to be bothered to play then. Hence my asking for neither or both teams to be removed.

I'm all for keeping Tampa in the game, although you probably could have asked a bit nicer. ;)

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
As Tampa’s GM, that’s ****ty as hell.

If you take Tampa out, take Washington out too. I don’t want to be a part of a game that is being rigged out in the open like this.

I agree. I don't think they deserve to make it, but it would be unfair to take them out if they do.

Although, Joey did say we should not vote for ourselves at least ;)

Reactions: LatvianTwist

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I thought I’d be getting roasted more for having Bouchard on my 2nd pairing but I’m fairly pleased with the results so far - my top pairing is great, my forwards are deep, and I’ve got solid goaltending.

If @Retinalz hadnt tried to rake me over the coals in a Muzzin trade my defence would be solid too :sarcasm:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
As bad as Tampa Bay's Cs are - their wingers are pretty deep, they've got two 40 point D-men and Raanta almost carried Arizona to the playoffs last year, so them squeaking into the playoffs does carry some merit.

I'm shocked that the Rangers aren't getting more votes, their D isn't great but he's got 4 deep forward lines, a couple of stars, Rask in net...

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
As bad as Tampa Bay's Cs are - their wingers are pretty deep, they've got two 40 point D-men and Raanta almost carried Arizona to the playoffs last year, so them squeaking into the playoffs does carry some merit.

I'm shocked that the Rangers aren't getting more votes, their D isn't great but he's got 4 deep forward lines, a couple of stars, Rask in net...

Please.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I thought I’d be getting roasted more for having Bouchard on my 2nd pairing but I’m fairly pleased with the results so far - my top pairing is great, my forwards are deep, and I’ve got solid goaltending.

If @Retinalz hadnt tried to rake me over the coals in a Muzzin trade my defence would be solid too :sarcasm:
Well, if you didn't try to rip me off on a Muzzin trade maybe it would be stronger as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, if you didn't try to rip me off on a Muzzin trade maybe it would be stronger as well.

I was mostly teasing haha. I just felt that Meier straight up was too much of an ask and didn’t have any interest in selling Mantha off for Maatta or Murphy. I’d have gotten blown up on here for that.

I think we were close on Kadri/Muzzin but I didn’t have the winger depth. Ah well.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I was mostly teasing haha. I just felt that Meier straight up was too much of an ask and didn’t have any interest in selling Mantha off for Maatta or Murphy. I’d have gotten blown up on here for that.

I think we were close on Kadri/Muzzin but I didn’t have the winger depth. Ah well.
It happens

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Thing is, if you go to the East poll now, you see proof that somebody thought it was for real life and voted that way.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Raanta played 12 games last year.. I think you're mistaking him with Kuemper. Latvian did a good job with the rest of the picks but when you take guys like Hamilton, Kase, Raanta where the previous GM did not much you can do to turn it around. We can keep them in the playoff race, but there's no question there are more deserving teams getting bent over.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Are we gonna wait until the 17th to start the next round of voting?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I’ve never done this before so forgive me if this is a stupid question but can anyone vote or just the team GM’s?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Maybe we should just do brand new polls (I'm not suggesting this because my team did bad, my team did really well in voting)? In the title you can display FANTASY TEAMS NOT IRL TEAMS or something like that. We never had this problem in the past though so this is kind of odd...has reading comprehension gone down that much over the past year? :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It’s already pretty obvious, some people are just so oblivious.

Reactions: McDrai

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I agree that we should’ve done standings voting in house and probably even the first and second rounds. We know for next time.

Reactions: Zemgus26

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
How long are the polls staying up for this one?

Arizona is going to miss the playoffs by 1 vote --- to auto'd Dallas. Oof.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'd like to leave it open for a bit longer until teams really start to pull away. I think I have it closing on the 17th but we don't have to wait that long.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I'd like to leave it open for a bit longer until teams really start to pull away. I think I have it closing on the 17th but we don't have to wait that long.

Might want to bump it every now and then if thats the case. Once it is off the first page or even further down on it, it wont get much votes.

Nevermind. See you already did

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If you guys are open to it or prefer to do in house voting we can still do that. I really do get the sense that a lot of the votes were people assuming it was real teams rather than Fantasy. I'd like to hear some opinions. I don't mind sticking with the current votes if that is preferred. I know there was a good amount of time put in to this so it's nice to be recognized properly for the work even if it is Fantasy.

@LatvianTwist
@5 Mins 4 Ftg
@Zemgus26
@Llamamoto
@ConnorMcMullet
@GOiler36
@McDrai
@TakinMaattaOnMyRide
@FlamerForLife
@SJSharks39
@BoldNewLettuce
@McMozesmadness
@OB5
@ChaoticOrange
@JonnyGraz
@Paralyzer008

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Perhaps we could somehow combine the two, although then some people will have voted twice (I’d be fine with that personally).

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
If you guys are open to it or prefer to do in house voting we can still do that. I really do get the sense that a lot of the votes were people assuming it was real teams rather than Fantasy. I'd like to hear some opinions. I don't mind sticking with the current votes if that is preferred. I know there was a good amount of time put in to this so it's nice to be recognized properly for the work even if it is Fantasy.

I think us voting is the best format. Do playoff seeding then round by round with just us voting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad