Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Reactions: Llamamoto

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Honestly it looks like the votes are going based off who is better IRL.

That's the only way I can explain Tampa getting votes with that top-6 lol

Yeah, I think you're right. Washington, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Boston, Carolina, New York Islanders are the top-7 teams in the East. And a ton of the bottom teams actually have some of the best teams.

OB5

May 2, 2015
This was fun guys! Would like to do something like this again with less teams haha

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Tampa being 2nd in their division still is quite concerning. I did what I could to fix that team, but there was just so little top 6 talent to work with.

The main thing I look for in a playoff team is a strong top 4 defense and at least a few good forwards. I think Tampa at least has that, but they still shouldn't be up there.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Don’t get the love for TB myself. Berube must be coaching them. Actually in a draft like this you should draft a head coach too. :)

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If Tampa moves on I might just not even do the playoff matchups.. I mean wtf.. has to be troll votes.

Vegas being in a playoff spot right now as well is perplexing.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I think HF appreciates DominicBoltFan’s moneyball corsi team better than we do. Once he got all the guys he wanted he quit the draft, aware he had schooled us enough.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
If Tampa moves on I might just not even do the playoff matchups.. I mean wtf.. has to be troll votes.

Vegas being in a playoff spot right now as well is perplexing.

I find whenever polls are done with so many options like this, people dont look carefully at it.

I would have recommended doing the "Standings vote" just by taking the votes of people in here. Then doing the playoff matchups in the polls section where they would only have to compare one to the other.

But JMO. Oh well. Go Tampa!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I find whenever polls are done with so many options like this, people dont look carefully at it.

I would have recommended doing the "Standings vote" just by taking the votes of people in here. Then doing the playoff matchups in the polls section where they would only have to compare one to the other.

But JMO. Oh well. Go Tampa!
The problem with that was I felt some people in the draft would put good teams way too low to bring down the average.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If Tampa gets enough votes to make playoffs we probably will just move to the next team to be honest. Everyone here knows they shouldn't be in playoffs.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
The problem with that was I felt some people in the draft would put good teams way too low to bring down the average.

I guess. I'd like to think most people wouldn't do that here.

Better than having lots of votes of people who just maybe quickly skim through and vote. (And I seriously do think some votes were for who they think would make it IRL given which teams are making it)

Not just my teams either, I see other teams I would have voted top-5 not going to make it.

Anyways, still a very fun game, but a little annoying to see some auto teams somehow making it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
As Tampa’s GM, that’s shitty as hell.

If you take Tampa out, take Washington out too. I don’t want to be a part of a game that is being rigged out in the open like this.

Reactions: OB5

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If the team is that bad, they’ll get crushed in the first round and the problem’s gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad