Fantasy Baseball

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
DHF proposed a scoring rules change all. As it stands, the league is 6x6 categories for pitching and batting. It's currently set to Head-to-Head, One Win. So you win your week categories, you go 1-0 to start the season.

The proposed change is to go Head-to-Head Standard. So if I play Ray in week 1, and I win 9 of the 12 categories, then I would go 9-3 to start the season, and Ray would go 3-9. And everyone is placed 1st-12th based upon that instead of just a single win for the week.

Thoughts on this anyone?

@Blue Liner
@TLEHMANN
@RayP
@DisgruntledHawkFan
@JCraw1
@ColdSteel2

I know BL has a pre-draft ranking setup in case he couldn't make it tonight. This could mess with that ranking BL, so you know. Your draft strategy may change.

I thought about putting it to a vote tonight right before we draft? What is everyone's opinion?

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I made the change as it looks like a vote would likely pass based upon talking to DHF and feedback on here. Your weekly record, and places will be determined based upon how many categories you win each week.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Went out for beers after my Friday run with some people and totally spaced on the draft. :banghead:

To add insult to injury I missed out on a 6 hit game from McCutch and a complete game shutout from Taillon.

f*** me.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Went out for beers after my Friday run with some people and totally spaced on the draft. :banghead:

To add insult to injury I missed out on a 6 hit game from McCutch and a complete game shutout from Taillon.

**** me.
:laugh:

Was wondering about you. You were ok with the time and day, but didn't show. Lol. You didn't miss anything though. Our scoring didn't start until today.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
:laugh:

Was wondering about you. You were ok with the time and day, but didn't show. Lol. You didn't miss anything though. Our scoring didn't start until today.

The f*** I didn’t miss anything.

I missed what was most likely Cutch’s best game all season and a complete game shutout from one of my 2 starting pitchers I have. :laugh:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
The **** I didn’t miss anything.

I missed what was most likely Cutch’s best game all season and a complete game shutout from one of my 2 starting pitchers I have. :laugh:

I meant it didn't matter. Because our actual games didn't start until today. Everyone missed whatever their guys did over the weekend.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Would anyone trade Ohtani (only pitcher), for Peacock?

No, keep Ohtani. I actually have Peacock and he’s valuable in that you can throw him in the rotation when your other starters are off, but Ohtani is much more valuable as he could be an ace.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No, keep Ohtani. I actually have Peacock and he’s valuable in that you can throw him in the rotation when your other starters are off, but Ohtani is much more valuable as he could be an ace.
+ his hitting... He's 7/18 for a .389AVG, with 3HRs and 7 RBIs. And dominating the pitching stats... 2-0 with a 2.08ERA, .093AVG against him, .46WHIP, and 18 SOs in 13IP...

Ohtani shouldn't be moved at all, IMO, for anyone.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
+ his hitting... He's 7/18 for a .389AVG, with 3HRs and 7 RBIs. And dominating the pitching stats... 2-0 with a 2.08ERA, .093AVG against him, .46WHIP, and 18 SOs in 13IP...

Ohtani shouldn't be moved at all, IMO, for anyone.

Well, you would have had to draft him twice to get both benefits. They should have let you have both, would have been more exciting and he’d probably be a 1st rounder too.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Well, you would have had to draft him twice to get both benefits. They should have let you have both, would have been more exciting and he’d probably be a 1st rounder too.

Didn't even think about him only being eligible for pitching stats... Would be cool to be able to use him in a UTIL slot... wonder if you can? Who has him in our league?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Didn't even think about him only being eligible for pitching stats... Would be cool to be able to use him in a UTIL slot... wonder if you can? Who has him in our league?

You can’t, it was a big debate on what to do and it was decided by the fantasy powers that be that he would be two players. I don’t agree with that but whatever. Would have been more fun the other way.

Happiness Destroyer has the pitcher version, he was picked right after my pick in the 6th round. I was going to take him, but Kimbrel fell to that spot and he fits my pitching strategy perfectly so I had to jump on that.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You can’t, it was a big debate on what to do and it was decided by the fantasy powers that be that he would be two players. I don’t agree with that but whatever. Would have been more fun the other way.

Happiness Destroyer has the pitcher version, he was picked right after my pick in the 6th round. I was going to take him, but Kimbrell fell to that spot and he fits my pitching strategy perfectly so I had to jump on that.

Lame. So you have to draft him as both a pitcher, and a hitter... :laugh:

Kinda goofy. Does he only take up one roster spot then?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Lame. So you have to draft him as both a pitcher, and a hitter... :laugh:

Kinda goofy. Does he only take up one roster spot then?

Well, he takes up 2 if you drafted both. I think that’s why they did it, so you couldn’t have 2 players for one roster spot. But to me, he’s available to everyone so if someone wants to burn a 1st rounder on him to get that benefit, that’s their prerogative. Maybe they will change it next year or at least give the commish the option to decide for their individual league.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I think CBS has him as 1 player. From what I read months ago, there was something with Yahoo's software that wouldn't let them have it ready in time to do it that way.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Ended up denying the Ohtani trade..glad I did. And yes, he is just a Pitcher, don't have his bat unfortunately. Picked up Chatwood early this year and got a decent start from him, hope he keeps it up.

Say Hey Kid

The best all around player ever
Dec 10, 2007
I think CBS has him as 1 player. From what I read months ago, there was something with Yahoo's software that wouldn't let them have it ready in time to do it that way.
You may have read that, but it was false. Excluding AL or NL only leagues, it has to be the way it is, because the AL has the DH rule and the NL doesn't. Plus the hitting of NL pitchers would be an extremely lame factor in fantasy sports.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->