Fantasy Baseball Thread V

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Cutting Mike Soroka in a dynasty before the season in a league with no taxi squad hurts so much. I also cut Luis Urias in that same league after he got sent down. Ugh.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Can anyone recommend a good calculator for earned auction values? I use Rotowire's which seems good but I'm wondering if there's anything better.

Say Hey Kid

NY was his town & it always would be
Dec 10, 2007
Cutting Mike Soroka in a dynasty before the season in a league with no taxi squad hurts so much. I also cut Luis Urias in that same league after he got sent down. Ugh.
I have Soroka. I was in first place, then I went 10-0 last week and I'm up 7.5 on the whole league now. It's really satisfying, because I only play 1 basketball league and 1 baseball league and I won my basketball league.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not at the point where I need to make a decision yet, but I'll probably get there when healthy.

Which pitcher would you drop in a 10 team league (W, L, H, ER, HR, BB, K, ERA, WHIP):

- Jake Arrieta
- Max Fried
- Rich Hill

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Probably Fried.

With those categories, you should have loaded up on relievers.

Was leaning Fried too, although Arrieta hasn't been great. Hill was in there more to make sure I wasn't a homer.

You'd assume loading up on relievers would have been a good idea, but the only two teams in my league to have done that are just god awful. There is a minimum innings pitched limit (40) so having some guys "guaranteed" to give me 5/6 innings/week has been nice. Helps me project out a little more.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
What are your thoughts on putting in a waiver claim (9/12) on Brendan McKay (Pitcher)? I’d probably drop Sano for him. Is he worth a roster spot? My offense is pretty stacked as is and pretty full as well. I’m probably going to make a claim but he comes off waivers on the 27 so I’ll wait to hear from some of you.

H2H 12 team (5)keeper league
R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SB
W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, k/9, SV+H
2 IL Spots, 1 NA spot

C- Narvaez
1b- Bellinger (OF)
2b- Albies
3b- Bryant (OF)
SS- Swanson
OF- Benintendi
OF- Betts
OF- Y. Alvarez
UTIL- Brantley
UTIL- Verdugo
BN- Schoop (2b,SS)
BN- Sano (1b, 3b)
BN- Buxton (OF) IL

DL- Andujar
NA- Hiura

SP- Kershaw
SP- Ryu
SP- Buehler
SP- Wheeler
SP- Marquez
RP- Pressly
RP- Kelley
RP- Rogers
BN- Boyd
DL- Weaver

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Trevor Story 1-for-1 for Aaron Judge, where I receive Judge. I almost certainly can't keep Story but I could keep Judge, for next season at least. Good deal?

How does it change when you sub Tatis in for Story?

11-category H2H, 6 offensive. 3 keepers each year but only one can be kept more than once (i.e. one dynasty player, if you choose - I'll probably roll with Soto).

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I dropped Sano and used my claim on McKay. Hiura just got called up so I switched him and McKay in my NA spot and I’ll make a decision when McKay pitches

What are your thoughts on putting in a waiver claim (9/12) on Brendan McKay (Pitcher)? I’d probably drop Sano for him. Is he worth a roster spot? My offense is pretty stacked as is and pretty full as well. I’m probably going to make a claim but he comes off waivers on the 27 so I’ll wait to hear from some of you.

H2H 12 team (5)keeper league
R, H, HR, RBI, AVG, OBP, SB
W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, k/9, SV+H
2 IL Spots, 1 NA spot

C- Narvaez
1b- Bellinger (OF)
2b- Albies
3b- Bryant (OF)
SS- Swanson
OF- Benintendi
OF- Betts
OF- Y. Alvarez
UTIL- Brantley
UTIL- Verdugo
BN- Schoop (2b,SS)
BN- Sano (1b, 3b)
BN- Buxton (OF) IL

DL- Andujar
NA- Hiura

SP- Kershaw
SP- Ryu
SP- Buehler
SP- Wheeler
SP- Marquez
RP- Pressly
RP- Kelley
RP- Rogers
BN- Boyd
DL- Weaver

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
In a league with that small of a bench, I don't think McKay is worth it. Sano is cuttable.

I'd rather keep Story, but I don't think the other guy would go for Tatis for Judge straight up.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Put Story in the lineup for a weekly lock league or put Kevin Newman in? I'm hoping for an update on Story before noon tomorrow, but all I see is that he is beginning a rehab assignment.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'd rather keep Story, but I don't think the other guy would go for Tatis for Judge straight up.

I know this seems like a pivot, but would you keep Story over Soto? Our league has three keepers each year but only one player can be kept for more than one season at a time. I kept Soto, Story and Cole, and will only be able to keep one of them next year. That's why I was thinking to move story for Judge...

??

Put Story in the lineup for a weekly lock league or put Kevin Newman in? I'm hoping for an update on Story before noon tomorrow, but all I see is that he is beginning a rehab assignment.

Story could come back Tuesday but I've not seen anything since the bit about him probably going to start a rehab assignment.

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I’m dumping my good players for keepers at this point in the season because my team sucks. I have Kiermaier for $5 which is very keepable for next year. The top team has Jose Ramirez, who will be $17 next season. Is it worth taking a gamble and trading KK (and other non-keepers) for Ramirez and hoping JRam can turn it around next season? Or too big of a risk at $17?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I’m dumping my good players for keepers at this point in the season because my team sucks. I have Kiermaier for $5 which is very keepable for next year. The top team has Jose Ramirez, who will be $17 next season. Is it worth taking a gamble and trading KK (and other non-keepers) for Ramirez and hoping JRam can turn it around next season? Or too big of a risk at $17?

What is your salary cap?

If I recall correctly, this is an AL only league?

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
What is your salary cap?

If I recall correctly, this is an AL only league?
Yeah, it's AL-only. Cap is $320.

For reference, according to RotoWire's earned auction calculator with my league settings put in, Trout has been worth $38 this year. Kiermaier $20. J-Ram $15.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah, it's AL-only. Cap is $320.

For reference, according to RotoWire's earned auction calculator with my league settings put in, Trout has been worth $38 this year. Kiermaier $20. J-Ram $15.

I'd definitely do it. Ramirez was a top 5 pick in one year leagues for a reason, and I think he's only 26.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
FL Keeper.jpg

I have no idea what to do with this team. I'm only 6 games back of a playoff spot, but I have a .450 winning percentage. I have to jump three teams. It's a 12 team standard H2H where we keep any 6 players without any penalties.

I think this team should honestly be in the top 3, but I'm in 9th. Should I just let it ride? Or should I be looking to sell some players?

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm in 3rd place in the 6x6 H2H league (2 player keeper) and I feel like I'm missing something to get over the edge. Not sure if that exists on the FA of if I should try to make a trade before the deadline next week or just stand pat. I kept Acuna and Scherzer this year.

I'm 9th in every hitting category besides SB and OBP, which I'm 2nd and 5th respectively. And in the top 3rd of every pitching category except Wins which I think I'm like 5th. So for the most part I'm just winning all the pitching categories each week and then stealing an offensive one or two.

C: Garver
1B: Votto
2B: Torres
3B: Kingery
SS: Story
OF: Acuna
OF: Benintendi
OF: Brantley
UTIL: DeJong
UTIL: Keston Hiura (just added him when I DL'd Carpenter)
BN: Aaron Hicks, Garrett Cooper (just added him today when Jimenez went on the DL)
DL: Matt Carpenter, Eloy Jimenez, Luke Weaver

SP: Scherzer, MadBum, Kershaw, Ray, Paddack, Stroman, S. Gray, Cease
RP: Colome, Rogers, CarMartinez

There's like zero Pitching on waivers. Sandy Alcantara is probably the best.
Some position players available are: Verdugo, Kendrick, Pence, Senzel, Brosseau, James McCann, Bryan Reynolds, Schwarber, and Mercado (just dropped him last week).

Earlier in the season right around when Hicks came back I traded Pham (and a throw in I was gonna drop anyway) for DeJong and Weaver and of course a start or 2 later Weaver blows out his arm and DeJong hasn't hit for the last month.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm in 3rd place in the 6x6 H2H league (2 player keeper) and I feel like I'm missing something to get over the edge. Not sure if that exists on the FA of if I should try to make a trade before the deadline next week or just stand pat. I kept Acuna and Scherzer this year.

I'm 9th in every hitting category besides SB and OBP, which I'm 2nd and 5th respectively. And in the top 3rd of every pitching category except Wins which I think I'm like 5th. So for the most part I'm just winning all the pitching categories each week and then stealing an offensive one or two.

C: Garver
1B: Votto
2B: Torres
3B: Kingery
SS: Story
OF: Acuna
OF: Benintendi
OF: Brantley
UTIL: DeJong
UTIL: Keston Hiura (just added him when I DL'd Carpenter)
BN: Aaron Hicks, Garrett Cooper (just added him today when Jimenez went on the DL)
DL: Matt Carpenter, Eloy Jimenez, Luke Weaver

SP: Scherzer, MadBum, Kershaw, Ray, Paddack, Stroman, S. Gray, Cease
RP: Colome, Rogers, CarMartinez

There's like zero Pitching on waivers. Sandy Alcantara is probably the best.
Some position players available are: Verdugo, Kendrick, Pence, Senzel, Brosseau, James McCann, Bryan Reynolds, Schwarber, and Mercado (just dropped him last week).

Earlier in the season right around when Hicks came back I traded Pham (and a throw in I was gonna drop anyway) for DeJong and Weaver and of course a start or 2 later Weaver blows out his arm and DeJong hasn't hit for the last month.

DeJong is probably droppable at the point if you see someone you like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->