Fantasy Baseball Thread V

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Zach Elfin, Jake Odorizzi or Jameson Taillon?

Keeper league H2H
W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Strasburg (DL)
C. Martinez
Luke Weaver
Greinke
R. Hill
Odorizzi
Buehler (DL)
Matz
Taillon

Chapman
Herrera
Familia

Have some big decisions coming up shortly with Strasburg and Buehler coming off the DL shortly. I also stashed Kyle Tucker in my NA spot just before he got activated on Yahoo so I’m going to have to lose 3 players shortly.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Zach Elfin, Jake Odorizzi or Jameson Taillon?

Keeper league H2H
W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Strasburg (DL)
C. Martinez
Luke Weaver
Greinke
R. Hill
Odorizzi
Buehler (DL)
Matz
Taillon

Chapman
Herrera
Familia

Have some big decisions coming up shortly with Strasburg and Buehler coming off the DL shortly. I also stashed Kyle Tucker in my NA spot just before he got activated on Yahoo so I’m going to have to lose 3 players shortly.

How many do you keep?

I'd rank them: Eflin, Taillon, Odorizzi

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Continuing my ever ill-fated attempts to move Seager in win-now mode:

My Corey Seager (11 next year), Keuchel (14), Acuna (24)
For Jose Ramirez (21), Strasburg (48), Alex Wood (5)

I doubt my opponent would go for it, since Ramirez is so valuable, but maybe Acuna at a somewhat ok price is tempting, and he walks away with three potential keepers next year to my two. It's the team that is more or less decisively out of the playoff race as of this week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Continuing my ever ill-fated attempts to move Seager in win-now mode:

My Corey Seager (11 next year), Keuchel (14), Acuna (24)
For Jose Ramirez (21), Strasburg (48), Alex Wood (5)

I doubt my opponent would go for it, since Ramirez is so valuable, but maybe Acuna at a somewhat ok price is tempting, and he walks away with three potential keepers next year to my two. It's the team that is more or less decisively out of the playoff race as of this week.

There is no way that the other guy would go for it. Ramirez is easily the most valuable piece in the deal, and I don't think Keuchel and Acuna are keepers at those prices.

Reactions: DJ Spinoza

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
In one of my dynasty leagues (16 teams), I remembered that someone was looking for saves before the season started. I knew that Jose Ramirez was involved, but I forgot what else was in the trade. I looked it up.

Team A got: Jose Ramirez and Kyle Crick
Team B got: Tyler Skaggs, Arodys Vizciano and Hector Neris

No picks or prospects... just this. Yikes.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
20 team dynasty league with contracts. Lance McCullers and Addison Russell are both at 5m next year and free agents the year after (eligible to be franchise or RFA tagged). Which player would you prefer? I own McCullers and am being offered Russell straight up. I find Russell so hard to read but the long term upside has me intrigued.

What do you guys think of that? I can post a roster if need be

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
20 team dynasty league with contracts. Lance McCullers and Addison Russell are both at 5m next year and free agents the year after (eligible to be franchise or RFA tagged). Which player would you prefer? I own McCullers and am being offered Russell straight up. I find Russell so hard to read but the long term upside has me intrigued.

What do you guys think of that? I can post a roster if need be

Easily McCullers for me

Reactions: N o o d l e s

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
33-2-7

Clearly 2 best teams in the league. I still have Correa and Sanchez on DL. Bryant and Syndergaard just returned. Haven't looked at your DL. Should be good fight.

I just stashed Pineda and Nelson (who are probably both out for the year). I also have Corey Seager. So I'm relatively healthy.

I had five starting pitchers for @TootooTrain's league on Tuesday... 1-2. I had five starting pitchers today... 0-2. I somehow survived.

Reactions: darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I just stashed Pineda and Nelson (who are probably both out for the year). I also have Corey Seager. So I'm relatively healthy.

I had five starting pitchers for @TootooTrain's league on Tuesday... 1-2. I had five starting pitchers today... 0-2. I somehow survived.

Nelson was mine haha

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think I've ever been as bothered by trades in a league as I have a handful made by the same team in one of my deep dynasty leagues. Keep in mind no contracts or salary cap so it's not like this guy had to Machado his players off before a deadline:

Jose Martinez for Joe Ross
Odubel Herrera and Raisel Iglesias for Ryan McMahon, David Dahl and Jimmie Sherfy
Justin Upton and Jose Abreu for Forest Whitley

Of course all the established players got traded to two of my main rivals for the league. If I knew this was gonna happen I might have taken his Dozier and Santana for Moncada deal a while back (I have Bird and Justin Bour at 1B so it wasn't a pressing need for me in a superdeep league, and Dozier's poor year - he was hitting .210 at the time - turned me off to him as a win-now option) :P

And I get rebuilding but trading Odubel Herrera, really? You don't win dynasty leagues with the best farm system and zero established players. And trading two everyday players that still likely have a few productive years left for a single prospect (albeit a top pitching prospect) is a bit laughable. I almost get the feeling this guy took lesser offers partly to spite me, especially after he said he was looking forward to those two teams meeting in the finals.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't think I've ever been as bothered by trades in a league as I have a handful made by the same team in one of my deep dynasty leagues. Keep in mind no contracts or salary cap so it's not like this guy had to Machado his players off before a deadline:

Jose Martinez for Joe Ross
Odubel Herrera and Raisel Iglesias for Ryan McMahon, David Dahl and Jimmie Sherfy
Justin Upton and Jose Abreu for Forest Whitley

Of course all the established players got traded to two of my main rivals for the league. If I knew this was gonna happen I might have taken his Dozier and Santana for Moncada deal a while back (I have Bird and Justin Bour at 1B so it wasn't a pressing need for me in a superdeep league, and Dozier's poor year - he was hitting .210 at the time - turned me off to him as a win-now option) :P

And I get rebuilding but trading Odubel Herrera, really? You don't win dynasty leagues with the best farm system and zero established players. And trading two everyday players that still likely have a few productive years left for a single prospect (albeit a top pitching prospect) is a bit laughable. I almost get the feeling this guy took lesser offers partly to spite me, especially after he said he was looking forward to those two teams meeting in the finals.

Yeah, a lot of trades for one of my leagues (the one I posted about a few posts ago) bother me a lot. Someone traded Altuve straight up for Acuna a few months ago. Mike Trout was traded for crap a couple of years ago, and the owner that traded Trout left the league in the middle of that same season.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I have a team in an 8 team league with only 2 bench spots. I have 10 hitters in the top 88 according to Yahoo's rankings for my league settings. I have 8 pitchers in the top 85. I traded Luis Castillo for Albies in the pre-season. I've been in 1st all season.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Would you make this trade, and if so, who as the second piece in the one option?

Keuchel + Cain/Acuna/Aguilar

for

Gregorius + Bumgarner

None of the players are really keeper options, maybe Acuna but it's a tricky cost situation (23), and maybe Keuchel but it's not like he's a worldbeater (at 13). This is part #572 in my ongoing desire to trade Keuchel. Long story short: the guy with Gregorius seemingly wants to deal him. He's offered me Gregorius straight up for Taillon, and I thought maybe to reply with the option of straight up for Keuchel, but he also has a very expensive Bumgarner (45) on the block.

I guess Gregorius could be keepable at $4, but he definitely seems to want to move him, and I have Corey Seager on IR. But I'm currently running Camargo out at SS, so it'd be nice to get more production there.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Would you make this trade, and if so, who as the second piece in the one option?

Keuchel + Cain/Acuna/Aguilar

for

Gregorius + Bumgarner

None of the players are really keeper options, maybe Acuna but it's a tricky cost situation (23), and maybe Keuchel but it's not like he's a worldbeater (at 13). This is part #572 in my ongoing desire to trade Keuchel. Long story short: the guy with Gregorius seemingly wants to deal him. He's offered me Gregorius straight up for Taillon, and I thought maybe to reply with the option of straight up for Keuchel, but he also has a very expensive Bumgarner (45) on the block.

I guess Gregorius could be keepable at $4, but he definitely seems to want to move him, and I have Corey Seager on IR. But I'm currently running Camargo out at SS, so it'd be nice to get more production there.

Since you said earlier that you want to go for it, trade Acuna. I don't think he's a keeper at $23, anyway.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
See the Cards 18-5 blowout of the Cubs today. My opponent has Bryant, Carpenter, and Lester. His hitting so far is awesome. His pitching... not so much.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'm in a league with keepers at this cost; 1st year as keeper they cost the the draft pick round they were selected in last year. If the player is kept for a 2nd year in a row, the cost by default goes to the highest pick you have. So people usually play this system by keeping 3-4 studs with top draft pick cost, then keep 2-3 players/prospects that could explode in a positive way.

My team is in 7th place, but not good at all. I already have a few lined up to keep for next year. I've started sellin, gaining picks. I want to pick between some of the guys that are left. Maybe you guys can assist. Need at max 2 more out of this group:

Devers (Highest avail), Mazara (9th round), Odubel Herrera (12th round), Michael Brantley (17th round), Sean Newcomb (27th round).

Edit: Just for context, I'll supply the guys I'm keeping: Sale, Bauer, Reynoldo Lopez, C.Seager, Springer.
It's a h2h cats league with BB/K for both hitters and batters, aswell as XBH for batters and QS for pitchers.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm in a league with keepers at this cost; 1st year as keeper they cost the the draft pick round they were selected in last year. If the player is kept for a 2nd year in a row, the cost by default goes to the highest pick you have. So people usually play this system by keeping 3-4 studs with top draft pick cost, then keep 2-3 players/prospects that could explode in a positive way.

My team is in 7th place, but not good at all. I already have a few lined up to keep for next year. I've started sellin, gaining picks. I want to pick between some of the guys that are left. Maybe you guys can assist. Need at max 2 more out of this group:

Devers (Highest avail), Mazara (9th round), Odubel Herrera (12th round), Michael Brantley (17th round), Sean Newcomb (27th round).

Edit: Just for context, I'll supply the guys I'm keeping: Sale, Bauer, Reynoldo Lopez, C.Seager, Springer.
It's a h2h cats league with BB/K for both hitters and batters, aswell as XBH for batters and QS for pitchers.

I'm not a fan of Lopez at all. I'd replace him with Newcomb (even though he hasn't been good lately) and Brantley. What happens if you don't keep the max?

Reactions: TootooTrain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad