Fantasy Baseball Thread V

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I like him but I don't pay close enough attention to Colorado to be able to say anything useful.

I got offered a trade: Stanton (at $49 dollars and maybe unkeepable, probably $55 next year) + $10 draft dollars for my Carrasco and Clevinger

On the one hand, it would greatly solve my RF debacle, where Polanco is actually somewhat useful because he's hit a lot of HRs, but on the other hand, pitching is extremely scarce and I already have a somewhat thin lineup there. The value seems good for me, but I'm leaning towards no. Though maybe I could counter with Keuchel instead of Carrasco and see what he says.

I really like Clevinger, but I don't know how consistent he'll be.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
His Kluber and Moncada for my Jose Ramirez. Thoughts? Ramirez is one of the best keepers in the league easily. Kluber is a keeper but not nearly as much value next year. I'm currently in 4th out of 12 and this would be a "go for it" move for me.

Last edited:

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

Attachments

• B4EDD195-F270-4054-8704-DF5FC6125DB2.jpeg
    B4EDD195-F270-4054-8704-DF5FC6125DB2.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 4
  • AD87D313-E4CB-474B-AE24-3C3F872E481F.jpeg
    AD87D313-E4CB-474B-AE24-3C3F872E481F.jpeg
    500.6 KB · Views: 5

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Have Beltre coming off DL (again)

Should I just drop him, or drop one of

Christian Villaneuva
Eric Hosmer
Rafael Devers

Or I could drop my temp starter (one of my pitchers is injured, so I just pick up a pitcher in free agency on days where I have nobody pitching).

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Thanks. What if Smoak became Abreu?

I’d probably lean towards the top one.

@Ricelund I’ll take a look when I’m at a computer.

Have Beltre coming off DL (again)

Should I just drop him, or drop one of

Christian Villaneuva
Eric Hosmer
Rafael Devers

Or I could drop my temp starter (one of my pitchers is injured, so I just pick up a pitcher in free agency on days where I have nobody pitching).

I’d cut the pitcher.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It looks like you badly need a pitcher, but I don’t think I’d do it. If you could make up a lot of points in pitching (I think I remember this being an AL roto), then go for it. I’m also not as crazy about Moncada as most people. @Ricelund

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
Definitely keep Miller in a roto. If you want to keep Stroman, more power to you. But I’d cut him.

How many DL spots are there? You have three pitchers on the DL, and I’m not sure how many hitters you have on the DL.
2 DL spots. Only got DeJong on DL out of my hitters. I've been on the verge of cutting Stro a few times but I just really want him to get it together

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
2 DL spots. Only got DeJong on DL out of my hitters. I've been on the verge of cutting Stro a few times but I just really want him to get it together

2 DL spots are not enough. I have 3 minimum in my leagues that I run.

I have 9 on the DL in one league, including Betts, Donaldson and Robbie Ray. The league is a deep dynasty, so there’s nothing out there.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thanks - Seager is mine, his team is a rebuilding one, and pitching is extremely scarce in our league. They are both RP eligible, but that doens't really help me because I used what redraft money I had to get some solid closers (everybody keeps 10, and this year especially the redraft was super thin on good players). I like Musgrove as a Pirates fan, but I don't know how sustainable he'll be as a fantasy option, and he isn't keepable at that price anyways really. I like Buehler a lot, but Seager is actually super valuable in the format that we use, so it's too much of a panic move to move him, and in any case my team is something of a fringe playoff one, since I also have Goldschmidt.

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So, I ended up trading Ramirez for Kluber, Moncada, and Kela. Happy with that haul but feeling I might need to upgrade my offense after losing Jose and also Jon Jay to the NL.

What do you guys think of my Heaney for his Aaron Hicks? Both are good keepers -- Hicks $7 next year, Heaney $5 next year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad