Fans with Center Ice, Comcast, and MLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMario45

Aug 10, 2004
Does anyone know what happens come April when Center Ice finishes off the season with the last month of play and then the playoffs? I had the MLB Extra Innings package last season and will have it again this season but they take up the same 10 channels. This obviously wasn't a problem last year with the lockout but am interested to see what happens now.

cecilnyr

Jun 28, 2005
You will get the baseball package for free if you subscribe to the NHL package for the first month of the baseball season maybe 2 months. The games are split between MLB and NHL

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
asp0209 said:
Does anyone know what happens come April when Center Ice finishes off the season with the last month of play and then the playoffs? I had the MLB Extra Innings package last season and will have it again this season but they take up the same 10 channels. This obviously wasn't a problem last year with the lockout but am interested to see what happens now.

Sounds like your question is about conflicts. From past experiences, the baseball games have not interfered with the playoff games because there are not that many NHL playoff games on at any given time. Remember, there are only 8 series starting in the first round and the games are not all played on the same night. Also, it is my understanding that OLN and NBC will cover the conference finals and Stanley Cup finals with exclusive coverage. OLN will carry the conference finals and the first 2 games of the SCFs. As in the past, the first two rounds are the ones where games are still on Center Ice. As the other poster noted, Center Ice subscribers do get the MLB games at the start of the season, since all the channels are activated until Center Ice stops covering hockey. I have no idea how that impacts the baseball games except to note that in the past the lower channels were assigned to hockey and the higher numbered channels to baseball. Only one game is assigned to a channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad