HF Habs: Fans unite. Optimism thread. No tank talk (no sTANK we want tha DRANK)

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He’s by far our best player and he’s a rookie! Putting Domi and Danault to shame, especially Domi because he actually has offensive skills, he’s just not smart enough on the ice.

Suzuki is the 1C right now, Danault can suck an egg, I hope you people are starting to see what a real playmaking center looks like, Danault is nothing but a point leacher.
Agree on Domi, he's just not that smart of a player, and ironically was traded for an even bigger dummy AG.

Danault can be anyone's second line center. Very smart. great possessor and retrieval skills. Plays a 200 foot game. Chips in on offense and wins faceoffs. consistent effort every night. Just love the guy sorry.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Carolina doing us no favours with a win tonight. At least it wasn't a ROW.
If the Habs make it, it will be by being 3rd in the Atlantic, not in a wildcard spot.

Everyone is saying how the team is a disappointment, but they would be tied for the last wildcard spot in the west, with a game in hand.:dunno:

Reactions: scrubadam

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
April 4th, MTL @ TOR. Should Florida slow down for a while and Toronto not play at a crazy pace, Montreal could against all odds make this game a playoff entry sudden death.

I mean I try to be positive in general, but that thought (and say Kovy killing them that night) is absolutely hilarious.

Maybe the Comedy Gods can help the Hockey Gods make that one happen. :tvhappy:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If the Habs make it, it will be by being 3rd in the Atlantic, not in a wildcard spot.

Everyone is saying how the team is a disappointment, but they would be tied for the last wildcard spot in the west, with a game in hand.:dunno:

And they would have made the playoffs in the west last year, too.

I think 3rd in division or wildcard are both very much still open. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that divisional spot will be the easier path for us.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
And they would have made the playoffs in the west last year, too.

I think 3rd in division or wildcard are both very much still open. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that divisional spot will be the easier path for us.
you think being in a different conference having a totally different schedule the Habs would have the same # of points ?

ok...

Reactions: Wats

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
you think being in a different conference having a totally different schedule the Habs would have the same # of points ?

ok...

Of course not. I was just looking at point totals, as the other poster was, and commenting on it. I'm sure if we change conference everything changes.

Still though - we had 96 points last year. Colorado, a team many liked last year to go far had only 90. Vegas, also a contender last year, 93 points. Arizona, the team in "9th place", had 86 points. It was a big gap last season. And it's shaping to be just as big this year, if not bigger.

Reactions: David Suzuki

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
giphy.gif

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Leafs are 8-9-3 in their last 20 games (19 pts)
If they keep the same pace, they'll finish with 90 points.

Panthers are 4-8-1 in their last 13 games. (9 points). If they keep the same pace, they'll finish with 84 points. Or if we take the last 20 (10-9-1), that puts them at 91 points.

To beat this, Habs need 26 points in 18 games, so something like 11-3-4 or 12-5-2.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Leafs and Panthers play 2 more times against each other.....so one team or both are getting points...

First game ..Feb 27th ...

We got to hope Arizona beats Panthers...Lighting beat Leafs....then Panthers beat Leafs...

In the meantime Habs beat Vancouver , then the Rangers on Feb 27th...

In theory Feb 27th ,we could be 2 pts back...lol

Before end of season ,
Habs play Panthers 2 times
Leafs 1 time...

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs are in a weak division and could make a run if Toronto and Florida keep sucking.

Florida's 10 million dollar goalie has been brutal.

Reactions: Pickles

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Habs are in a weak division and could make a run if Toronto and Florida keep sucking.

Florida's 10 million dollar goalie has been brutal.

we got our west-coast trip coming up soon...unfortunately....March 15th 17th 19th....

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The irony that our division is weak when before the season started all we heard was how strong it was and the great centers in our division.

Habs had a shot and blew it when they lost to ARZ and the rest of the week till WASH. Pick up win against ARZ/DET and or BOS/PIT/DAL and the team tied with Toronto now.

Only hope is that Toronto is probably devestated from losing to a Zamboni and maybe there season goes down the drain. Man all the team needed was to pick up a few wins during that week.

I still think the team should trade Ilya as he has slowed down. Tatar and Petry probably stay until the draft.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The irony that our division is weak when before the season started all we heard was how strong it was and the great centers in our division.

Habs had a shot and blew it when they lost to ARZ and the rest of the week till WASH. Pick up win against ARZ/DET and or BOS/PIT/DAL and the team tied with Toronto now.

Only hope is that Toronto is probably devestated from losing to a Zamboni and maybe there season goes down the drain. Man all the team needed was to pick up a few wins during that week.

I still think the team should trade Ilya as he has slowed down. Tatar and Petry probably stay until the draft.
Petry is possibly the highest sought after Hab...Bergevin could make serious strides in rebuilding this team with trading Petry. He wont though

Reactions: Gravity

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Petry is possibly the highest sought after Hab...Bergevin could make serious strides in rebuilding this team with trading Petry. He wont though

I don't trade Petry. Weber seems to have a yearly industry and this teams D is doo doo with those 2 out of the line up. Maybe next year or even look at resigning him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->