Fans Strike Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger's Pancreas*

USA Today, probably yesterday NHL's fan of the year has organized the fans of hockey. What he is doing is urging fans to pull all support from the NHL if there is no hockey by May. From there you take that money and pump it into other leagues. He's right and I think this is where we should stand up and boycott the NHL in every form. You don't visit nhl.com or any team sites, you don't buy jerseys or merchandise, no action figures or hockey cards. So that's what I'll be doing for the lockout, how about you?

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I have done that months ago. This site is the only thing I do related to NHL except buying vintage hockey pucks.....

salzy

Mar 3, 2005
Windsor
tangible_faith said:
I have done that months ago.

No you didn't. You're probably still buying vintage pucks.

tangible_faith said:
This site is the only thing I do related to NHL except buying vintage hockey pucks.....

SEE! Told ya!

chiavsfan

Another PA thing. I for one support the owners in the lockout, and since they make the money from merchandise, this dosen't apply to me. THe AHL has gotten a lot of my money this year, but I will support the NHL even if my mother is out on the ice...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
what makes this guy fan of the year? did he appoint himself?

blamebettman*

that's a good idea, we need to put the hurt on the owners for causing this, especially if they go with scabs. the nhl isn't worth a bucket of warm piss.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
blamebettman said:
that's a good idea, we need to put the hurt on the owners for causing this, especially if they go with scabs. the nhl isn't worth a bucket of warm piss.

I suggest you move on with your life then and leave the NHL behind. Don't think about it, don't talk about it (especially in online forums), find something else to be a fan of full-time, just leave the NHL be if you truely don't care about it. Fans like you are not fans anyways. I have to laugh at people that say they don't care about the league anymore and that they have lost all interest in the game, but yet they are here everyday talking about it.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
blamebettman said:
What did the contents of that bucket ever do to you?

SedinFan*

blamebettman said:

Both parties are to blame. The players refused to become partners with the league, the league refuses to accept a high salary cap which would destroy the small market teams.

Both sides are to blame, it's quite clear. I'd even put more of the blame on the PA, simply because they're so clueless they don't even realize how much trouble this league is actually in.

The owners had no choice but to lock the players out.

iagreewithidiots

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

All you fans go spend your money whever you want. When the NHL comes back you will be there sniffing your foam finger that youve had jammed up your butt throughout the lockout.

If the NHL doesnt come back the owners and players will drive home in thier fancy cars to their big houses with their hot wives. All you fans will still be stuck with your crappy job, ugly wives, and stupid kids.

Go boycott your own sorry lives.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
iagreewithidiots said:

All you fans go spend your money whever you want. When the NHL comes back you will be there sniffing your foam finger that youve had jammed up your butt throughout the lockout.

If the NHL doesnt come back the owners and players will drive home in thier fancy cars to their big houses with their hot wives. All you fans will still be stuck with your crappy job, ugly wives, and stupid kids.

i'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

thanks for telling it as it is.

hipcheck85

Where is Triggrman?
Mar 12, 2002
Nashville / Via NYC
Visit site
iagreewithidiots said:

I agree with you :)

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Panasonic Youth said:
USA Today, probably yesterday NHL's fan of the year has organized the fans of hockey. What he is doing is urging fans to pull all support from the NHL if there is no hockey by May. From there you take that money and pump it into other leagues.

To what end? It's not like the teams are making money right now. The only threat that matters is the one that says "If you don't get this resolved by such-and-such date, I'm NEVER coming back." Few people will say that and mean it and fewer still will be able to stick to that promise. The owners know that and the players know that. There's zippo the fans can do. Both sides like to pretend they care about the fans, but all the owners and players alike care about is our wallets. We've got no leverage, because they aren't playing. Once they start playing, then we've got leverage. We can decide not to pay any attention. But we want them to be playing, so... catch 22.

Munchausen

iagreewithidiots said:
All you fans will still be stuck with your crappy job, ugly wives, and stupid kids.

Now wait a minute mister, I might have a crappy job, an ugly wife and stupid kids, but I certainly don't have... what was that 4th thing you said?

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Munchausen said:
Now wait a minute mister, I might have a crappy job, an ugly wife and stupid kids, but I certainly don't have... what was that 4th thing you said?

Herpes?

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
iagreewithidiots said:
All you fans will still be stuck with your crappy job, ugly wives, and stupid kids.

I'm already boycotting my sorry life. As a means of punishment I subject myself to being drunk the whole time.

An unexpected twist, however, is that my job has become less boring and my wife looks great! My kids are still stupid.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
blamebettman said:

And players can have 54% of the portion of that bucket that the NHL is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad