Fans pushing players

SixStrings

Nov 7, 2019
Last night Lowry was pushed by a fan for the second time in the past year as he dove into the crowd trying to save the ball.

Toronto Raptors' Kyle Lowry says he was pushed by fan during game - TSN.ca

What are your thoughts on fans that push players when they go into the crowd?
If the fan is genuinely trying to help the player get back on their feet then to me it should be fine but anything more aggressively should come with some type of punishment.

Thoughts?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wish the fans had collectively started punching Shaq for this dive into the crowd:

He was such an attention hog, he's risking the safety of those people by jumping into them just to create a highlight for himself on ESPN that night

And the announcers just think it's wonderfully hilarious that this 350 lb man is hurling himself at seated spectators with no regard for their well-being

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He was definitely pushed. Looks bad and shouldn't be allowed, but who knows if the fans motives are bad or if he thinks he's just giving Lowry a boost back into the play.

Either way, the league needs to address this with some sort of standard. Contact there is unavoidable, but a push certainly isn't.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I wish the fans had collectively started punching Shaq for this dive into the crowd:

He was such an attention hog, he's risking the safety of those people by jumping into them just to create a highlight for himself on ESPN that night

And the announcers just think it's wonderfully hilarious that this 350 lb man is hurling himself at seated spectators with no regard for their well-being

This isn't a foul ball going 100+ MPH right at you that could take your life.

Instead, you get about 15 seconds of fame, an apology from an NBA supersrar and maybe an autograph after the game. If you get hurt, file a lawsuit for thousands of $$$.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This isn't a foul ball going 100+ MPH right at you that could take your life.

Instead, you get about 15 seconds of fame, an apology from an NBA supersrar and maybe an autograph after the game. If you get hurt, file a lawsuit for thousands of $$$.

He probably won't kill anyone, but someone could get injured

Or, they could just spill their beer on themselves and be forced to sit there for the rest of the game with a wet shirt

Either way, it shows a lack of awareness and consideration on Shaq's part

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Trying to watch video of incident:

"We're sorry, this video can only be watched in Canada". f*** off with that bullshit.

Anyways, unless you are Drake you'll get ejected. Somehow Drake is immune to being ejected for touching players/coaches.

AngloHab

Jan 17, 2013

Never seen that before but yeah I agree Shaq is annoying AF.

This dude is like an overgrown kid - he used to talk so much shit about Kobe bitd it drove me nuts. Yeah we get it your ego couldnt handle playing second fiddle to a younger, more talented player - get over yourself.

One of the (many) reasons I dont watch NBA anymore is I dont like the TNT broadcasts with him. Was way better with just Charles, Kenny and Ernie.

Reactions: Gecklund

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If a player dives into to me I have right to push him off because he has to do that 100% on his own there is no way I can physically cause him to dive into me that's 100% on him

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Last night Lowry was pushed by a fan for the second time in the past year as he dove into the crowd trying to save the ball.

Toronto Raptors' Kyle Lowry says he was pushed by fan during game - TSN.ca

What are your thoughts on fans that push players when they go into the crowd?
If the fan is genuinely trying to help the player get back on their feet then to me it should be fine but anything more aggressively should come with some type of punishment.

Thoughts?
Personally I don’t think there should be any seats on the sidelines. All those folding chairs shouldn’t be there. It just is too dangerous for fans and players.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad