Fans of Relocated Teams

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Are there any fans around here that were former die hard Jets, Nordiques, Whalers fans? How did you react when your team moved and do you still cheer for the Coyotes, Avs, Canes like they're still your team?

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
I was heartbroken, and especially hated the new jerseys in colors of the ever despised Devils, since it was the green that made me fan way back. But I stayed loyal to the franchise. Probably easier to do that if you're overseas fan...

Al Bundy*

I thought Quebec was pretty cool back in 1992-93.

I am a Sabres fan, but I would root for Quebec when they weren't playing Buffalo or the Sabres had the night off.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
The Whalers were my team after the Rockies left. By the time it was obvious Karmanous was going to move the team, Denver getting another NHL team was pretty much secured so I jumped over to the Avs.

I never rooted for the Canes (or Devils) had there not been a replacement for the Whale I guess I would have jumped to another team for some reason.

polarslam

Apr 2, 2004
Winnipeg
Since the Jets/Coyotes franchise is and always will be dreadful it was pretty easy to miss the team but ignore the Coyotes.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I was a huge Rockies fan (They could have really gone places with a good goalie - Glenn Resch came too late and Billy McKenzie was never really given that much of a shot - and an even better GM) but never followed them to New Jersey. I was never really one to cheer for a team that dressed like Christmas elves.

People ask me what team I cheer for and it's tough to answer. I don't really cheer for any one team anymore. I attend Flames games whenever I have a chance and have also attended games in communities I visit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad