Fans meeting players question. (Do fans tell them the truth)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
For the fans that were disappointed in the team in recent years.. Has any of these fans met any of the players and actually told them the truth like they should have tried harder, skated, have showed them cared etc? Just curious if fans ever actually did this

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
better to just walk on by
you're gonna interrupt an individual, who you happen to recognize, just to whine?
that seems self-important, self-indulgent to me

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I held this up against the glass right behind Gallant's bench the entire warmup

yqsPfzI.jpg

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
It's easy to criticize from a fan's perspective, but at the end of the day, they're more successful at their sport than every single fan that criticizes them.

I know I wouldn't listen to advice or criticism from someone who has never "been there" when it comes to my job. And a professional athlete, especially, shouldn't either.

So I, personally, wouldn't say anything rude to a player.

Management, however, is another story.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I've met a few players over the years. Mostly 10+ years ago when I was working at a Pro shop near the Shark Tank in San Jose and mostly not players on the Rangers. But to the question, no. It's just being polite.

I did get to talk for some time with Paul Martin at a bar where him and some friends were hanging out. He did remark after I told him I played that guys in the league don't mind criticism as much from people that have played cause, its hard to articulate, they still think about it as like just playing some hockey. He did say its tough to hear when its a bunch of writers and bloggers who only cover the team cause of a paycheck or to shit on someone.

He was a really nice guy. Put it the way we would say it after a beer league game. We know when we sucked. Haha

I would say if you get into a situation where you can speak with them for longer, got to actually know them, it would probably be ok to ask questions and be critical, but to randomly shit on them, that's childish.

I am also guilty of being upset at bad play at games and calling them out. Need to be better about that. Especially now that the crowds at hockey games are much more, lets say well mannered, than they used to be.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I used to run into Rick Nash at the Starbucks on 57th street, presumably before practice, since he had his NYR jacket and cap on. Once I told him "good to have you on the team; you've been great for us". He quietly thanked me. Nice guy.
And then you kicked him in the nuts??

• Haha
Reactions: CasusBelli

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I live in the same building as a few Rangers. They’re all very nice, hold the elevator door for you, and I get the sense that they appreciate I don’t bring up the game.

I come here to bitch about their play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad