Fan590 reporting ... NHL/NHLPA Wednesday meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Roger Millions of Fan590 is reporting that theyre in the departures section of O'HAre and that theyre going somewhere together... specualtion is that the meeting happened already... LAST NIGHT.

Millions asked them where they were going and there was no response, but theyre flying together, so thats good.

More to come

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That would rule if the meeting happened last night.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
UPDATE: The latest 20 min update has said that there is speculation that they did meet last night, but still no confirmation.

This is good news, I think.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They just had an update and they not once said anyone was leaving town. They just said there was uncomfirmed reports the meeting has already taken place.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
They just had an update and they not once said anyone was leaving town. They just said there was uncomfirmed reports the meeting has already taken place.

Kim, im getting tired of being talked over... you need to listen more:

In my FIRST post, as in, the post that happened BEFORE the latest update, they had Roger Millions on the phone on the Fan590 talking FROM O'HARE just after he just talked with BOTH Daly & Linden in the departure terminal.

So, next time, LISTEN before you post.

mooseOAK*

Or maybe they are flying to an undisclosed place where in the terminal there will be 5 people each made up to look identical to the participants and Daly and Linden will get lost in the crowd and go outside where they and the clones will all separately get into 5 identical black limousines and drive to 5 separate locations.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
trahans99 said:
How long was the meeting then if last night? Any info on it yet?

Well whoever is on right now said that someone from Sportsnet was flown from Toronto to Chicago last night and when he got there he saw Linden and Ted Saskin (not Daly) in the departure line. When he asked what they were doing they both said 'no comment'.

No one said how long any meeting has been. Maybe it is possible they stood in the departure line all night just to put up a smokescreen and send everyone home so they could do a meeting today. No one knows what's going on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
no13matssundin said:
Kim, im getting tired of being talked over... you need to listen more:

In my FIRST post, as in, the post that happened BEFORE the latest update, they had Roger Millions on the phone on the Fan590 talking FROM O'HARE just after he just talked with BOTH Daly & Linden in the departure terminal.

So, next time, LISTEN before you post.
I did listen. I don't know if you made the mistake or simply just put ther wrong name but they were just talking and Linden and Saskin were together and no one said anything about Bill Daly.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Until there is a cap, there will be no hockey.

They can have all the secret meetings they want, but unless Linden and Saskin are huddling to make a proposal with a cap in it, this latest meeting is just another PR move.

Lanny MacDonald*

Well, if Linden and Saskin are already heading out of town I would say that things didn't go very well. Seems to me that the it is likely that Mr. Hotchkiss didn't roll over for ol' Trev the way the media portrayed he would.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
I did listen. I don't know if you made the mistake or simply just put ther wrong name but they were just talking and Linden and Saskin were together and no one said anything about Bill Daly.

It was a wrong name. But in response to your first post, they were going somewhere, unless they were standing in the departure line for United Airlines for posterity.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Iconoclast said:
Well, if Linden and Saskin are already heading out of town I would say that things didn't go very well. Seems to me that the it is likely that Mr. Hotchkiss didn't roll over for ol' Trev the way the media portrayed he would.

Well like people are saying, this was last night, now some people are saying it was today. These people can't be in 2 places at once.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
go kim johnsson said:
Well like people are saying, this was last night, now some people are saying it was today. These people can't be in 2 places at once.

Maybe they have clones and they are the ones talking business.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In the latest update they are saying the talks are actually being held at O'Hare Airport.

And Darren Pang says his neighbors didn't even notice that he isn't working. No word if that's because of the lockout, or if they can't physcially see him.

The meeting did not happen yet, it is happening this afternoon, at least that's what he's saying.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
no13matssundin said:
Roger Millions of Fan590 is reporting that theyre in the departures section of O'HAre and that theyre going somewhere together... specualtion is that the meeting happened already... LAST NIGHT.

Millions asked them where they were going and there was no response, but theyre flying together, so thats good.

More to come

Maybe they needed to go somewhere...private?

"Hey Trevor...you're looking nice tonight...what do you say we hop a plane, grab some dinner, head back to my place...screw this meeting stuff, we all know nothing's going to happen..."

You never know...lol

Lanny MacDonald*

go kim johnsson said:
And Darren Pang says his neighbors didn't even notice that he isn't working. No word if that's because of the lockout, or if they can't physcially see him.

Damn four foot high fences!

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
From Sportsnet.ca

BREAKING NEWS: Despite the spotting of Trevor Linden and Ted Saskin at Chicago's O'Hare airport, sources have told Sportsnet that the meeting will still take place today in Chicago.

To me that doesn't really deserve the title of "Breaking News" but hey, I guess that's why I'm not a sportsnet writer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad