Fan590- Linden will address the media from the NHLPA at 2pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
scaredsensfan said:
Judging by your avatar, it is evident that you bring logic and impartiality to your posts. Congratulations!

It could be worse. His avatar could be something silly like proclaiming the Ottawa Senators 2004 Stanley Cup champions.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredsensfan
Judging by your avatar, it is evident that you bring logic and impartiality to your posts. Congratulations!

It could be worse. His avatar could be something silly like proclaiming the Ottawa Senators 2004 Stanley Cup champions.

.....please someone take him to their board and adopt him. He's not wanted on ours.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
tantalum said:
Again...so what? employees pay for the mistakes of management. Why? because management controls the money. It isn't about blame it's about fixing the problem. The owners are accepting the bulk of the blame by pursuing the system that prevents these things from happening again. THat is why the players have to cave on the system...they don't hold the leverage in the negotiation. The owners have not provided any take it or leave it offer only a take it or leave it system of which there are multiple variables to negotiate.

AS for your suggestion that is a variation on a framework the NHL provided in the summer that was soundly rejected by the players.

Ask yourself why is it the owners who are losing money hand over fist according to every report that should cave? Just because they caused the mess? Doesn't work that way.

The reality is the players caused this mess and if you think differently you are a fool. Did you notie teh number of holdout that happened since the last cba was signed. Those hold out represent the number of time teh players held the owner ransom to get more money. The players rachetted up the costs with that evil website they have and now when it's time to assign blame they say it all the owneres fault.

Geez some of the owners are wealthy men who can afford to pay the players more if they look outside hockey operation for cash infusions but those are a minorty in this league. There are lots of teams who haven't been competing for more than 5 years now because tehy just don't have teh means to keep their players. Lots of teams had to tradde off players for salary reason and not just small market teams like Edm and calgary. LA had to move Blake for salary reasons and they are in one of the top 3 markets in the USA. My question to the players is now that they started this train wreck will you have the honor it takes to do what right to save the game.

Please stop being so self rightous about your stand for the guys of the future crap. Every time a proposal comes out it is shot down by the players when it might affect the top 30 earners somehow. The owners modification of your 24% decrease is shot down when it affect 75% of the PA in a more positive way than the Players offer did.

At the end of the day the players are taking such a bath on this from a PR position that i wonder if they know how bad the backlash is going to be come time to sign that next hockey card deal or advertising deal. I wouldn';t invest 2 pennies on a player to represent my product right now because it would be bad for the sales of my product. The players and to a lesser extent the owner will never be forgiven in Canada if there is alost season adn in the US they have been forgotten already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->