Status
Not open for further replies.

MaV

Jun 23, 2002
cbjrocks100700 said:
What you should really do..

1. Don't go to games since this is still a gate driven league
2. Don't watch the games on TV.
3. Write a letter, send an email, make a phone call to any coporation what sponsors the NHL or your local team and tell them you will not buy their product.

Yes, I guess that would work if lots of people were doing it. But what's the purpose, really? Is it so that during the lockout you have found out that you actually hate hockey and don't want it to be played on NHL level?

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
Psycho Joe said:
What would be good ideas for a fan protest once the NHL returns. Here are a few of my ideas:

1) Nobody shows up for the first game back
2) Everybody shows up, but don't watch the game. They turn their backs and their backs face the ice surface.
3) The longest Boo in the history of sport
4) Nobody makes says a peep. A full arena, but dead silence.
I think the players will hear some boos and mock cheers the first time they step on the ice.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
misterjaggers said:
I think the players will hear some boos and mock cheers the first time they step on the ice.
And then they'll collect their paycheques and laugh all the way to the bank.

Hit them where it hurts - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Then they'll pay attention.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
You guys need to get over yourselves. The players and the NHL know all too well how this is hurting them. They have a public relations disaster on their hands. They are now mocked by the US sports media, and even now has regressed into humorous bantor on the Canadian airwaves. It's all a big joke that won't end.

Do you really think that being pompous *******s about it is going to solve anything? Are you going to sit there and tell a fourth liner that he's a total dick for not taking a salary cap? Some of you forgot that this Union is the same union that is fighting to keep the upper level salaries intact. Remember, the NHL has over 700 members, and the NHL is trying to limit those top tier players from absolutely robbing a franchise of millions of dollars unjustly. They are trying to keep Bobby Holik from underperforming and recieving a ridiculous paycheck in New York. They are trying to keep Hot Potato Jaromir Jagr from putting up "okay" numbers for many franchises while lining his wallet with American money. They are trying to keep the few renegade GM's and Owners from driving salaries up and subsequently making the Floridas, Atlantas, and Carolina's of the league have difficulty turning a profit because some average player says "I put up bigger numbers than Yashin, thus I deserve 5 million a year"

Half of these members probably would rather be playing hockey and recieving a paycheck from their clubs than fighting for a few extra pennies under the table. But no, You still focus on the Mike Modanos and the Daniel Alfredssons as your representation of every NHL player in the league.

I hope your tactics to make the NHL feel bad go noticed, I hope we see every one of you on the news telling us how passionate you are about being anti-NHL. Why? Because ESPN will just make fun of those crazy hosers up north being *****y about their sport.

If you dont want to be a fan, go away. But, honestly, I think you'll all be back.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Fan protests should have come during the World Cup

or... NOW

Public protest is just not something conservative-minded hockey fans tend to get motivated by.

Protesting afterwards would do NOTHING. Then will be the time to celebrate the return to the game.

Now protest. Marches, petitions, letters to the editor, heated complaints, campaigns, hunger strikes, any and many kinds of media hyped events are possible.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
heavyhauler said:
i like the idea of a empty building for the first game back, i think it would speak loudly to both the players and the owners.

This won't work in Tampa, we all want to be there when our Championship banner is raised! :handclap:

P.S. To all the people that said don't buy a ticket, as a season ticket holder all my games are already paid for. If I don't go to a game, I'm the one that's losing out, not ownership, they already have my money.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Though I feel that not going to the first game back would be a little much as all it would do is hurt league finances, something would be nice. I had thought about this today myself actually.

I think if everyone turned their back from the ice for player introductions the message would be sent clearly without any real harm. It'd be symbolic I suppose too. How the league and players turned their backs on the fans during the process.

Otherwise, nothing says protest like projectiles.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
NHL faces tough sell: Stars boss

[font=Times, Times New Roman, Serif, MS Serif]DALLAS (CP) — The Dallas Stars could be in for some tough times once the NHL lockout finally ends and hockey resumes.

"If we think the fans are just going to come right back, we're being flippant and stupid," Stars president Jim Lites told the Dallas Morning News. "This is going to require all of us to make a lot of sacrifices.

Read ON:
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1107513959105&call_pageid=1044442959412&col=1044442957278
[/font]

GreenBud

Feb 2, 2005
Vancouver
ubongs.blogspot.com
Well, they're not getting a penny from me. I support neither side and its going to be a long time before they get said penny. If they ever do come back, this game still needs major work. It is not the NHL I loved, that's for sure.

Gary Bettman started adding teams and watering done the talent over ten years ago. The game has been dying a slow death and this lockout was the final straw with me.

Besides, pitchers and catchers report in 12 days.

Lexicon Devil

Apr 21, 2002
God, try to be realistic people. There is no way that no one would attend the games. There will always be enough chumps to fill to 3/4 capacity. There is also no way that everyone will turns their backs to the game. That's ridiculous. If you're going to suggest something be realistic.

As for me, I'm fully resigned to the fact that the majority of fans will just bend over and take it. How could we not think so? These are the same morons who supported Bettmann 80% when he started this.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Come on, it would be funny. Like in Mystery Alaska when the crowd read newspapers while the Rangers skated out. Oh that Russell Crowe, such a charmer.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
What? Protest the NHL?

Shut up.
futurcorerock said:
Sanity

Once the NHL is back and rolling you'll all be back. If fans dont care enough to care about a lockout, are they going to care enough to protest the NHL?

Ridiculous... you guys wanna kill the sport more than its already dying? go protest. your world will fall on deaf ears.
futurcorerock said:
You guys are worse than the Union
futurcorerock said:
You guys need to get over yourselves. The players and the NHL know all too well how this is hurting them. They have a public relations disaster on their hands. They are now mocked by the US sports media, and even now has regressed into humorous bantor on the Canadian airwaves. It's all a big joke that won't end.

Do you really think that being pompous *******s about it is going to solve anything? Are you going to sit there and tell a fourth liner that he's a total dick for not taking a salary cap? Some of you forgot that this Union is the same union that is fighting to keep the upper level salaries intact. Remember, the NHL has over 700 members, and the NHL is trying to limit those top tier players from absolutely robbing a franchise of millions of dollars unjustly. They are trying to keep Bobby Holik from underperforming and recieving a ridiculous paycheck in New York. They are trying to keep Hot Potato Jaromir Jagr from putting up "okay" numbers for many franchises while lining his wallet with American money. They are trying to keep the few renegade GM's and Owners from driving salaries up and subsequently making the Floridas, Atlantas, and Carolina's of the league have difficulty turning a profit because some average player says "I put up bigger numbers than Yashin, thus I deserve 5 million a year"

Half of these members probably would rather be playing hockey and recieving a paycheck from their clubs than fighting for a few extra pennies under the table. But no, You still focus on the Mike Modanos and the Daniel Alfredssons as your representation of every NHL player in the league.

I hope your tactics to make the NHL feel bad go noticed, I hope we see every one of you on the news telling us how passionate you are about being anti-NHL. Why? Because ESPN will just make fun of those crazy hosers up north being *****y about their sport.

If you dont want to be a fan, go away. But, honestly, I think you'll all be back.
:confused: :loony:
futurcorerock ------> :troll:<------ everybody else in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->