Fan/Media impact on teams

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
After seeing the threads about the Oilers and Canadiens, I was wondering what sort of impact fans and media have on a team.

Do fans and media actually run players out of town? Do they get people fired? Does terrible fan atmosphere impact a team negatively while positive fan atmosphere boosts the team?

EDIT: Just want to clarify that this question doesn’t have any blame attached, I’m just curious at what the positives and negatives are of fan and media interaction between them and the organization.

Last edited:

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
Major impact for sure, if the fans in Edmonton would just think positive I'm sure everything would turn around. A November pep rally probably would of propelled them to a playoff spot.

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
On a serious note, there's not a single player or coach or executive for the Oilers who isn't aware of the amount of support this team gets when it wins. Hell, the amount of support the team gets after 1 year of losing, 2 years of losing, 3 years of losing.....7 years of losing, but unfortunately it all starts going a little sour after 10 years of losing.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
After seeing the threads about the Oilers and Canadiens, I was wondering what sort of impact fans and media have on a team.

Do fans and media actually run players out of town? Do they get people fired? Does terrible fan atmosphere impact a team negatively while positive fan atmosphere boosts the team?
I actually think the fans and media in Edmonton have been far too Lenient over the last decade, that's why incompetence has gripped the organization top to bottom.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
As a Islander fan, nothing. Our media gets fired if they have any harsh words for Snow. Billboards went up near the Barclays and the clowns that run the team don't care. The only way to get through is to unite and buy 0 season tickets. Have to hit them in the wallet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad