Fan 590 in TO just had Bettman

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyscribe22*

said he would entertain call from Goodenow and welcome problem of figuiring out something if he offered another proposal.

Goodenow is coming on now!

http://www.fan590.com/

They have live audio!

Just had Doug McLean too!

This thing is like that movie character that just won't die!

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
hockeyscribe22 said:
said he would entertain call from Goodenow and welcome problem of figuiring out something if he offered another proposal.

Goodenow is coming on now!

http://www.fan590.com/

They have live audio!

Just had Doug McLean too!

This thing is like that movie character that just won't die!

*in the style of Elaine Bennis*

Shut! Up!

*pushes hockeyscribe22*

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
i hate Goodenow very much. In the press conference he would not answer the question right. He would go off to something else and not answer the question. THere was a question asking "most nhl fans would kill to have the players salary, so do u think the players are greedy"?. He doesn't even answer that and he turns back and says the owners are the ones being greedy....this guy does not care about the fans

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Goodenow is Pejorative Slured. Bettman has clearly left the door open for negotiation, take the opportunity to make another offer. Even if its unacceptable at least its an effort. It's not like they've had a lot of time for discussion in negotiating a dollar figure for the cap and it's not like a 12-24 hour window to make a deal is going to ruin the chance at a 28 game schedule. The idea of a 28 game schedule is stupid but i would take a 26 game schedule, even a 20 game schedule knowing that there would be a full season next year and for the next 6-8 after that. Now we are likely to miss at least half of next season and most likely hundreds of millions in revenue. Even though he is poo-poo'ing the idea of calling Bettman to talk publicly i sure hope something happens behind closed doors because this is absolutely Pejorative Slured.

hockeyscribe22*

Conservative

Huh?

Me shut-up or them?

Just letting you guys know, Bettman still seems to be leaving the door open!

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I think McCown was on to something, even though Goodenows response isn't touching what he actually asked. Goodenow and the union are treating this conflict like they were on strike. They might be locked out, but they sure are doing their best to dictate everything.

I wouldn't argue with Goodenow on anything. This is the kind of guy that has to be right or have to have the last laugh no matter if he's actually correct or not. He'll make the last offer or add the last paragraph to the cba that in his mind swings it in his favour, and thats that. Bettman might be similar in his actions and even personality, but at least he has got some power behind him to back him up this time.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
hockeyscribe22 said:
Huh?

Me shut-up or them?

Just letting you guys know, Bettman still seems to be leaving the door open!

it was a joke from seinfeld...at least, i'm pretty sure it was

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Canucker said:
Bettman has clearly left the door open for negotiation,

Put yourself in Bettman's shoes. You've just cancelled the season, amid rumours of unrest and perhaps even whispers of a revolt among the players. Wouldn't you leave the negotiation door open even just a crack, perhaps as a carrot for any rebellion-minded players to seize the opportunity to supplant Goodenow and his executive committee, and to grab their last possible chance for an agreement before the door slams shut?

I know I would.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Digger12 said:
Put yourself in Bettman's shoes. You've just cancelled the season, amid rumours of unrest and perhaps even whispers of a revolt among the players. Wouldn't you leave the negotiation door open even just a crack, perhaps as a carrot for any rebellion-minded players to seize the opportunity to supplant Goodenow and his executive committee, and to grab their last possible chance for an agreement before the door slams shut?

I know I would.

Stop torturing me....PLEASE

and yes, it was a joke from seinfeld.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
By all means i would leave the door opened and i applaud him for doing it. I am not a Bettman fan at all but for the first time ever i believe he is being sincere. There is room to negotiate (albeit not much i would gather) and to not explore it to every extent is extremely foolish in my opinion. Players have given up a lot but moving to a $44-45 million cap isn't going to kill them like holding out for a better deal will.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
HabsFanFromPEI said:
i hate Goodenow very much. In the press conference he would not answer the question right. He would go off to something else and not answer the question.

Watch the documentary "The Fog of War" with Robert McNamara.

"Never answer the question they asked. Always answer the question you *wanted* them to ask."

Goodenow follows this principle *constantly*. Once one understand this, you'll never see another press conference in the same light.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Captain Conservative said:
Has he stepped off the rhetoric at ALL?

Yes. He was much more straight forward now that the season is over. I remember the last time they had him on, a couple weeks ago, Francesa actually became pretty mad because Bettman wouldn't answer the questions and they were pissed at each other by the end of it. This time Bettman seemed much more confident and answered the questions the right way for the most part.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
Goodenow is never going to negotiate with the NHL. Heck he wont even negotiate what NHL revenues actually are let alone a CBA with linkage.

The CBA wont happen until Goodenow is fired. He wont be fired until the league gets replacement players and the NHPA players realise that they are not the center of the hockey universe.

Hopefully i am wrong and Goodenow is canned within the next couple of days.

Jester

Jul 9, 2004
St. Andrews
PecaFan said:
Watch the documentary "The Fog of War" with Robert McNamara.

"Never answer the question they asked. Always answer the question you *wanted* them to ask."

Goodenow follows this principle *constantly*. Once one understand this, you'll never see another press conference in the same light.

AMAZING documentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->