Music: Famous bands/artists most hated/ridiculed song?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Valerie is a freking gem. It took me years to realize this.

My guess is that any hate towards it is because of the popular early 2000s remix that someone did that just looped the chorus over and over again and then had the music video set in an exercise class with gratuitous female butt shots. It's no wonder if people are tired of it and think that the song is a joke... and if you're under 35, you were probably first exposed to the remix and its video, essentially spoiling the original song for you.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Radiohead’s first two albums were mostly too soft and went nowhere IMHO. They didn’t become great until OK Computer

Never heard Pablo Honey, but The Bends is great. I definitely agree that OK Computer is better, but The Bends deserves all the love it gets.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
My guess is that any hate towards it is because of the popular early 2000s remix that someone did that just looped the chorus over and over again and then had the music video set in an exercise class with gratuitous female butt shots. It's no wonder if people are tired of it and think that the song is a joke... and if you're under 35, you were probably first exposed to the remix and its video, essentially spoiling the original song for you.
I didn’t know that. Haha

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
No one has mentioned van Halen's:dunno:

happy-days-the-fonz.gif

Reactions: Mescaleroman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad