Fallout 76

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
My guess is that it's a game that takes the base building of Fallout 4 and moves it into an online world, presumably so that you're building your bases to keep other humans out, rather than simply dumb, computer-controlled enemies. I imagine that you'll be able to collaborate with others, treating it as a co-op experience, so that multiple people could build and defend a mega fortification. You might have to weigh the risks of attacking other people's bases versus staying to defend your own. I'm not sure how they might balance it so that lone gamers or smaller groups stand a chance against larger groups, but there could at least be an offline mode so that lone gamers can just play against the computer, though that may not be much different than that aspect of Fallout 4. I, personally, would rather just have a single-player game that's different than something that we've already experienced, but maybe it is and my speculation is wrong.

I'm disappointed that there's seemingly no relation to the classic game Interstate '76. For a few moments, I was getting excited at the thought of a Fallout that focuses on drivable vehicles, vehicle customization and vehicle combat... in other words, a Mad Max-flavored game in the Fallout world. That would've been epic. It's too bad. This would've been a great opportunity to create a vehicle-focused game so that, when Fallout 5 eventually comes around, they'll have already done the basics and could work vehicles in much like how the Far Cry series has. I would really welcome that, not just because it'd be so cool to live out my lifelong Mad Max dreams, but because it's just so tedious going everywhere on foot in Fallout games.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Yea not really hyped at all, just curious. Hopefully it’s not all of BGS’s worst ideas about Fallout crammed into a co-op game.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
This sounds like an absolute pass, but I'll wait to see more about it.

I'm extremely wary of any single-player experience taken online. Nothing can kill my interest in a series like making online aspects mandatory. Base-building was easily my least favorite part of Fallout 4, too...

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I can’t form an opinion until I see gameplay and more about how it all works. I can see how online is a no-go for other people though

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Honestly, the longer that they had that live stream going without announcing or really doing much, the more I was thinking of it being an actual new Fallout game and not a remaster of a previous one. Wouldn't make any sense in my mind to hold everyone in suspicion for that long just to announce a remake, IMO.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden

I'm extremely wary of any single-player experience taken online. Nothing can kill my interest in a series like making online aspects mandatory.
Base-building was easily my least favorite part of Fallout 4, too...

I don't mind the base building itself but it was tedious and it felt like something added in the last minute.
However with the mod Sim settlements and it's sub-mods and plug-ins, settlement building have became really interesting.

Regarding FO 76, it's way to early to say anything since all we have is rumours.I'll reserve judgement until we have more info.

I have also seen some people who might think it will be similar to Conan Exiles, The Forrest, Raft and those kind of survival games.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So if the radiation is pretty bad 200 years after I imagine the world will be extremely deadly out there. I wouldn't imagine there being too many ghouls, super mutants, deathclaws, etc out in the world. I mean I feel like those evolved over time because of the radiation. I would hope they add some new creatures into the world, like less evolved versions of what's in previous games.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

I'm extremely wary of any single-player experience taken online. Nothing can kill my interest in a series like making online aspects mandatory. Base-building was easily my least favorite part of Fallout 4, too...

Tried to replay Fallout 4 with mods and couldn’t finish it. It just made me want to play New Vegas.

Reactions: Kestrel

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If the leaks have any kind of credibility its sounding like it's possible that Starfield isn't going to be this year and that it might actually be the last game before Elder scrolls

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can't believed they teased Fallout: Rust for 24 hours... the majority of Fallout fans probably aren't too happy. Talk about terrible marketing.

Every game they make is busted and they've sold Skyrim to everybody like 20 times.

They know their fans will buy whatever they put out no matter what they do at this point.

Reactions: Diddy

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Every game they make is busted and they've sold Skyrim to everybody like 20 times.

They know their fans will buy whatever they put out no matter what they do at this point.

I have invested more then 300 hours into both Skyrim and FO4 (over a hundred in FO3 and NV too). I love the formula that Bethesda used with them and accept their faults. I still get a lot of enjoyment from them even if they do have faults.

That doesnt mean this is an auto purchase for me, I need to see what it actually is first. I generally dont like MMO style games, so this is a question I need answered.

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
It's supposed to be a online open world survival game like Rust and DayZ. I'm surprised they went this route as those games are dying down. It's not going to play out like a Fallout or Skyrim at all, it'll just have assets from Fallout.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It's supposed to be a online open world survival game like Rust and DayZ. I'm surprised they went this route as those games are dying down. It's not going to play out like a Fallout or Skyrim at all, it'll just have assets from Fallout.

Its not a mainline Fallout game, FO5 is still in development. Its something new and different for Bethesda to try.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Settlement building immediately after the bombs dropped (relatively speaking) makes a lot more sense than settlement building in Fallout 4 (which was over 200 years after, I believe?)

Which even that sounds great to me as something different until FO5. I could get down with that.

The moment any game loses me is online only. I have no interest in grinding against people online who are just going to call me whatever racist shit they can think of, spawn camp me or glitch the system. I can’t think of anything I could find less irritating than working hard at something just to have some dipshit come run in and destroy my settlement while being messaged with GIt Good.

After a day out in public dealing with real life the LAST thing I want to do with my free entertainment time is deal with more people.

Reactions: Iron Mosher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad