Fallout 76

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I truly hope this doesn't mean MMO, but I hope it means that you can either play in servers or you can play with just co-op through Steam. Co-op Fallout would be amazing.
Yeah he tweeted again mentioning that it didn't necessarily mean it was an MMO, but that it wasn't going to be strictly a single-player game

Reactions: SolidSnakeUS

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Bah, I hate online games. None of my friends really play, I can only play at random times so I cant join other people really. Hope that there is a major "single player" experience here, not some shell meant for co-op (like GTA V online & the focus on heists) or, worse yet (for me), MMO style.

This may be an over-reaction to that one post/news item that came out, I'm just sick of this push to online that seems to be inevitable. Also, I am curmudgeon-ey this week

Last edited:
Reactions: Haggard

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Date on the pipboy.

October 27 2102

Exactly 25 years and 4 days after the beginning and end of the great war. (October 23, 2077)

Screenshot_20180530-102653_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilky01

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So the main team from Bethesda worked on it? Sigh.

Was hoping it was a Bethesda Montreal game or something. I wonder what it means for the E3 conference, starfield, etc.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
I truly hope this doesn't mean MMO, but I hope it means that you can either play in servers or you can play with just co-op through Steam. Co-op Fallout would be amazing.
I could live with the latter - I really hope it's not the former.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Bah, I hate online games. None of my friends really play, I can only play at random times so I cant join other people really. Hope that there is a major "single player" experience here, not some shell meant for co-op (like GTA V online & the focus on heists) or, worse yet (for me), MMO style.
Amen!

Reactions: Bocephus86

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Yeah I admit my hype balloon deflated a bit when I saw Jason's tweet.

I have nothing against co-op (love it, in fact), but rarely can get someone to play with me these days.

I hope there's a great single player experience as well.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Date on the pipboy.

October 27 2102

Exactly 25 years and 4 days after the beginning and end of the great war. (October 23, 2077)

Screenshot_20180530-102653_YouTube.jpg

From the other thread

Reactions: Novacane

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Fallout 4 was a big disappointment for me so I am not going to get carried away with any hype.

I am hopeful though. I still adore Fallout 3 (and would love a Switch port of it) so am holding out hope for another great Fallout game.

"Online" makes me wary though.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Fallout 4 was a big disappointment for me so I am not going to get carried away with any hype.

I am hopeful though. I still adore Fallout 3 (and would love a Switch port of it) so am holding out hope for another great Fallout game.

"Online" makes me wary though.

It was a massive disappointment for me too, which made me so sad. I put the least amount of hours into it compared to any other fallout game.

This seems....interesting, I am more of a single player myself so not sure if I will like it.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
My guess is that this is going to be Bethesda experimenting with base/settlement building beyond Fallout 4 to improve the mechanic for Fallout 5

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
If it's not an MMO, then there aren't too many other alternatives unless they do something groundbreaking. I'm thinking something like GTA Online (as a poster mentioned above) or Destiny. I'm hoping it's more like GTA, where we still get a really solid single player storyline and the online is focused on after launch.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If it's not an MMO, then there aren't too many other alternatives unless they do something groundbreaking. I'm thinking something like GTA Online (as a poster mentioned above) or Destiny. I'm hoping it's more like GTA, where we still get a really solid single player storyline and the online is focused on after launch.

I'm really just hoping that you can play up to 4 people co-op, with the world adjusting the stats according to the number of players in the server. Another online aspect could be something like user made missions or other forms of content that could flow in and out of the game (I think Infamous 2 did this?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad