Fallout 76

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Smells like 10 years anniversary remaster
A remaster makes the most sense. The exact same screen from FO3, just with color instead of black and white.
Screenshot_20180529-143600_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20180529-143643_Google.jpg

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think Fallout: Online is more likely than a remaster, but I could see both. I would rather a remaster of New Vegas, Oblivion or (in my wildest dreams) Morrowind over Fallout 3 though.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The balloon, it being 10 years since Fallout 3 was released and the screen being a colorization of the Fallout 3 screen makes me pretty convinced that it's a remaster of Fallout 3. The last part, especially, seems like it hints at that, since colorizing the original screen can be viewed as analogous to "putting a new coat of paint" on the game, itself.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The balloon, it being 10 years since Fallout 3 was released and the screen being a colorization of the Fallout 3 screen makes me pretty convinced that it's a remaster of Fallout 3. The last part, especially, seems like it hints at that, since colorizing the original screen can be viewed as analogous to "putting a new coat of paint" on the game, itself.
That's what how I explained it to my friend pretty much. FO3 in 4K! Okay maybe not that good but pretty close and still a lot better than how it originally would've looked and played.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'd believe the FO3 remaster idea.

I dunno why they'd feel incentivized to announce anything big now when E3 is coming anyways.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Would they add settlements to the Fallout 3 map? I would burn so many more hours in the FO3 universe if they did.

Reactions: Oscar Acosta

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hmm when I turned on my FO4, I realized the "please stand by" is still exactly the same as FO3 and the one shown. Makes me start to wonder if it really might be something new..

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I was unaware that this shit had been going for like 4 hours.

If it isn't something new somebody over there should probably get fired.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Fallout 3 remasterd with the Fallout 4 interface, power armor, settlements, and crafting system (weapons includes) and the console ability for mods is my wish.

What im expecting is a straight graphical remaster with no upgrades otherwise or possibly a Switch port of Fallout 4

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I'd believe the FO3 remaster idea.

I dunno why they'd feel incentivized to announce anything big now when E3 is coming anyways.

They did the exact same thing with the Please Stand By announcement leading up to the reveal of Fallout 4 at E3 10 days later.

Not sure why people took that literally that they’d reveal anything today. If they’re following the timeline tomorrow will be a somewhat vague but obvious screenshot then reveal at E3. Tit for tat what they did with Fallout 4.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
A Fallout 4 spinoff made by another company but overseen by Beth ala NV to FO3 would be amazing.

Theres no way its going to be Fallout 5. Although its Bethesda. So maybe it is.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Zero chance it's a FONV remaster, very small chance it's a FO MMO.

Just a guess, but 90% chance it's a FO3 remaster (the loading screen in FO4 art style seems like a dead giveaway), and 10% it's a deflection and it's actually a FONV Fallout 4 companion. I suppose it could be a Switch Fallout 4 port but I really doubt they're saving a major announcement for a port.

A Fallout 4 spinoff made by another company but overseen by Beth ala NV to FO3 would be amazing.

Theres no way its going to be Fallout 5. Although its Bethesda. So maybe it is.

Some speculation that it could be a New Vegas style game from a Bethesda satellite studio (i.e. the one in Montreal that has been running with a fairly large team for the past three years with no announced game). Bethesda doesn't seem very interested in contracting outside studios to work on their IPs anymore. The whole Metacritic bonus clause in their contract with Obsidian left a very sour taste for Obsidian, and Bethesda was none to happy that many fans consider NV to be better than their more commercially and critically successful Fallout 3.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Now this is crazy, but what if we've all been duped this whole time and Starfield and Fallout are one in the same?

I mean vault tec must've had some crazy money and with the technology in place it's not crazy to believe there was a space program in place before the bombs went off.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Well, I would say that a Fallout 3 remake would be dumb, but I said the same thing about Skyrim, then played Skyrim on the PS4 for even longer than I played it on the 360, so I fully expect that I'd pour a ton of hours into Fallout 3 on the PS4.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Now this is crazy, but what if we've all been duped this whole time and Starfield and Fallout are one in the same?

I mean vault tec must've had some crazy money and with the technology in place it's not crazy to believe there was a space program in place before the bombs went off.

It's possible they are in the same universe. Likely, even.

But insiders have said the thing they are teasing right now isn't Starfield.

Also, this 'announcement' has to be big enough to be worthy of a PR stunt but not big enough it should be at their E3 presser. A remaster seems like the best bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad