Fallout 4 - Part IV - Settled In - Use Spoiler Tags.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Far Harbour was phenomenal. One of the best DLCs I've ever played. Enemies were a little ridiculous (as in bullet sponges) though. Nuka-World was good, but was far too "radient." Never actually got around to beating Automatron. Never touched the Vault DLC, though I did use the DLC structures in the few hours I spent fooling around in settlements.

If I didn't get the season pass for like $30 CND, I'd have only bought Far Harbour and Nuka-World again. I liked all of Fallout 3/Fallout: NV DLC (and for Skyrim I liked them all except Dragonborn, which I never beat).

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So I played around with survival mode and got annoyed with the bullet sponge nature of the enemies early game and didnt want to try and press on late game with them.

I downloaded "Immersive Gamplay" mod and I think it does what Im looking for in a new game. Blocks HP growth over the game for both player and enemies. Adjusts damage values so a single hit in certain circumstances kill (shotgun to the face at close range, one shot sniper kills etc). Substantially reduces the amount of stimpacks and RadAway you find (rad sickness is becoming a large issue for me), and makes things more expensive to buy. Does a bunch of other stuff to generally make the game "harder" while not making the bad guys bullet sponges, which is what I was looking for.

Im having a good time of it so far. My only real complaint is that bloat flies and mosquitos are crazy powerful now. They boost to >30 rad damage when they get close to you and are ridiculously hard to hit (also, VATS is a lot less accurate now). They almost 1 hit KO you, too. They are the hardest things Ive had to fight yet, as weird as that sounds.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
The settlements would've been cool if the limit was much higher. Like if you could practically build your own version of a real town in Sanctuary. I know the limit is supposed to be around 20? I've managed to glitch the game to get closer to 30~ iirc (haven't played in a while) but it's just boring not being able to grow them all.

I also regret the Nuka World xpac, it was more tedious than fun, and then on top of that the settlement aspects just ruined my perfectly good settlements by taking them over with raiders. I thought it would make them more fun but no, it just ruined my settlements LOL.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
The settlements would've been cool if the limit was much higher. Like if you could practically build your own version of a real town in Sanctuary. I know the limit is supposed to be around 20? I've managed to glitch the game to get closer to 30~ iirc (haven't played in a while) but it's just boring not being able to grow them all.

I also regret the Nuka World xpac, it was more tedious than fun, and then on top of that the settlement aspects just ruined my perfectly good settlements by taking them over with raiders. I thought it would make them more fun but no, it just ruined my settlements LOL.

The problem is performance wise the game can't handle it. I had 20 settlers and near max objects and the FPS was dropping like it was downtown Boston.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

You can get mods that break the build limit

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The problem is performance wise the game can't handle it. I had 20 settlers and near max objects and the FPS was dropping like it was downtown Boston.

I built a large apartment building at Abernathy Farms and the performance was actually worse than anywhere in Boston.:laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ok, I am having a huge amount of fun with settlements this time, in particular the contraption workshop add on.

Making a bullet manufacturing plant is awesome, and setting up shipments to sell (and buy) goods is fun.

And holy smokes does the immersive gameplay mod make ghouls a problem. They're about three times as fast as the base game and swarm you now.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Ok, I am having a huge amount of fun with settlements this time, in particular the contraption workshop add on.

Making a bullet manufacturing plant is awesome, and setting up shipments to sell (and buy) goods is fun.

And holy smokes does the immersive gameplay mod make ghouls a problem. They're about three times as fast as the base game and swarm you now.

Is the contraption workshop add on DLC or a mod? Is it a big game changer? I might have to try it when I get home.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

:laugh: They already moved like Usain Bolt as it was

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You can get mods that break the build limit

There's a glitch you can do where you drop guns on the ground and then store them in the workshop via the workshop console.

It actually reduces the building limit.

Drop 30-40 guns and store them in the workshop (using the store command) and the bar will go down quite a bit.

And you can repeat with the same guns as often as you want.

You don't need a mod to do this either.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Finally getting around to beating Far Harbour and holy sweet jesus is the Dima memory mini-game frustrating. If I wanted to build block puzzles Id play minecraft. This is the one and only part of the game that is truely stupid. It was fun to begin with, and I can accept a little bit of (like Mass Effect 3s similar memory thing) but the final puzzle was too much.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I played it for the first time recently, and I quite enjoyed it, but it felt out of place

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Finally getting around to beating Far Harbour and holy sweet jesus is the Dima memory mini-game frustrating. If I wanted to build block puzzles Id play minecraft. This is the one and only part of the game that is truely stupid. It was fun to begin with, and I can accept a little bit of (like Mass Effect 3s similar memory thing) but the final puzzle was too much.

It was annoying but you can just go over to the final area that's blocked off and if you stand in the right spot the drone things will shoot at you but hit the barrier and eventually blow it up. Run to the end without any of the trouble. Glitch in the game but in this case I was happy to have it.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Not sure where to post this so I'm going to put it here and the deals stickie: Newegg has both the game and the season pass one sale for half off (well, 40% for the summer pass, IE all the DLC).

I've been wanting to get this for PC real bad recently (played on PS4 but built a rig around xmas) but couldn't get myself to pay 40 for the game + 50/60 for the DLC summer pass (most of which wasn't that great IMO). But $45 for the whole thing is a pretty solid deal:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...136086&cm_re=fallout_4-_-32-136-086-_-Product

Season pass:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16832136087

If you are a newegg member and have the promo code take another 15% off of that and drive it under 40.

This is for the download only and requires Steam from what I can tell (doing it tomorrow).

Sale ends Monday

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not sure where to post this so I'm going to put it here and the deals stickie: Newegg has both the game and the season pass one sale for half off (well, 40% for the summer pass, IE all the DLC).

I've been wanting to get this for PC real bad recently (played on PS4 but built a rig around xmas) but couldn't get myself to pay 40 for the game + 50/60 for the DLC summer pass (most of which wasn't that great IMO). But $45 for the whole thing is a pretty solid deal:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...136086&cm_re=fallout_4-_-32-136-086-_-Product

Season pass:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16832136087

If you are a newegg member and have the promo code take another 15% off of that and drive it under 40.

This is for the download only and requires Steam from what I can tell (doing it tomorrow).

Sale ends Monday

I've been in the same boat as you. Thanks for sharing this. Cheers!

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Maybe I like puzzles but I actually found it decently fun and not all that challenging

I like puzzles in the proper context. Having them as a required component of a main quest line in a Fallout game isnt one of them. Especially one as time consuming as that sequence (the five puzzles combined).

I wouldnt say it was particularly hard, but rather very tedious.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I've had FO4 for over a year and never played it for more than an hour. I really should, right?

If you liked 3 and the elder scrolls series yeah. It's definetely worth 40 imo

might actually be a 20 or so. Which is a steal

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I finished Far Harbor last week and its really great

Nuka World so far is pretty boring tbh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad