Facing Off: Oilers, Oilers and More Oilers

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
I'm shocked this didn't get more traction here...an all-Oilers edition and not a single comment?

Either Facing Off is bombing or the masses have lost interest in this team in general again...

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Who am I kidding, everybody likes kicking the Oilers when they’re down, right? Who doesn’t enjoy reveling in their failures and poking fun at their expense? If you’re among that majority, then hopefully you will still get your share of entertainment value.

:shakehead

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This board has more "partners" than a fundamentalist Mormon...

Nice at least to get a bit of a rundown in the OP about what this is about. although the topic is pretty much just looking for clicks.

McDeathbyCheerios*

That was a pointless article and you lost interest in probably most people in the first paragraph so no wonder no one read it.

Let's basically say everyone and there dog loves hating on this garbage team and hope people want to listen to what i have to say.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
This is a league-wide column and this was the 18th edition, but the first time I focused every topic on one team. So I did that intro tongue-in-cheek for my regular readers who could be from New York or Toronto or Florida who could really care less about the Oilers. I wanted to keep them reading too, assuming the title "Oilers, Oilers and More Oilers" would be enough to grab the interest of Oilers fans.

Hopefully most of you read past the first graph or two. If not, I think you missed out. We covered a lot of hot-button topics related to the Oilers and mixed in some humour too. I thought it would be a fun read to share with ya'll.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I wanted to read the article but on my mobile it seems to "Go To Top" every time I try to scroll down. Please fix your mobile site :)

Oct 15, 2008
This is a league-wide column and this was the 18th edition, but the first time I focused every topic on one team. So I did that intro tongue-in-cheek for my regular readers who could be from New York or Toronto or Florida who could really care less about the Oilers. I wanted to keep them reading too, assuming the title "Oilers, Oilers and More Oilers" would be enough to grab the interest of Oilers fans.

Hopefully most of you read past the first graph or two. If not, I think you missed out. We covered a lot of hot-button topics related to the Oilers and mixed in some humour too. I thought it would be a fun read to share with ya'll.

The team is about as appealing as Montezuma's revenge. Traffic is way down here and elsewhere. Also, you have have to build up a following, you cant just post a few articles and assume you have one. To do that you have to become a regular part of the community, which is time consuming and you are likely too busy for that.

If the team ever starts winning the bandwagon fans will come back and you will have snappy retorts from bright young minds like Jimmi Jenkins and SK 13. I bet you can hardly contain your excitement.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Sad but true, I am the Liquor. This was a happening spot back in the spring of 2006 and even on draft day this year, but it's just not the same lately. It was worth a shot to share and try to spark conversation, but to no avail I guess...better luck next time.

What kind of phone do you have "ejams"? I'll pass along your concerns to the boss, but it seems to be working fine on my mobile version.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad