Faceoffs

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I always knew Bergeron was excellent in faceoff circle but I just saw Boston's entire team faceoff stats.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...t=faceOffWinPercentage&viewName=realTimeStats

I was wondering how much you guys think this plays into your success? Boston isn't know as a speedy team(but they do have some good skaters). You'd have to think their strength on the circle allows guys like Chara to control the play rather than spend the night chasing the opponent.

It's really a no brainer but just wanted to point it out. Perhaps this is one of the secrets to the bruins success. You don't hear it often in NHL talk. You do hear about Bergeron's excellence but Kelly has 60.6%, Peverley has 59.6% and Krejci with 56%. Then you got your star forward with 61.8%.

Krejci and Bergeron were bruins before Chia but those 2 acquisitions in Kelly and Peverley are still working out. You have a very good GM. A lot worry about his moves but he seems calculated at not reactionary. I would be patient with his moves down the stretch.

In any case, it's extremely impressive. I'm obviously not a boston fan but I came across the staggering numbers when I was doing some digging for my own team.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
Face offs are a huge strength for this team. Face offs in important situations can make or break a team. It allows the team to control a majority of the play during a game by winning the possession battle. The only thing that has kept the B's from being elite is inconsistent scoring. While I love our forwards they are all streaky when it comes to goals. We have a balanced attack and almost must have the extra puck possession off face offs to counter the lack of scoring at times. Think of it like the B's nee three chances for everyone another team may need to score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad