Rumor: Fabbri and Barbashev joining Blues for playoffs

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
joining as in chilling out with the team and getting to be apart of the action from the press box? I could see it. In uniform? I don't think so.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'll put it this way:

If Robby Fabbri or Ivan Barbashev actually suit up for the playoffs, something has gone seriously wrong and we have multiple bad injuries.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
They'll join the team by skating with them and being in team meetings, they won't be playing. Fabbri would have got a few regular season games if his season ended in time, but there is no way he plays in the playoffs.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
if we clinch home ice tonight, barbashev and fabbri should play the last game of the year as long as it doesn't burn a year on ELC which i don't think it does

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
if we clinch home ice tonight, barbashev and fabbri should play the last game of the year as long as it doesn't burn a year on ELC which i don't think it does

It wouldn't, but they can't play because their junior seasons haven't finished.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think the only real significance of this "announcement" is that the Blues think highly of both players, and they have a real chance of making the roster next year. (Personally I doubt Barbashev does, as he'd benefit more from heavy minutes in the AHL. Fabbri probably is the same, but I still think he makes the team.)

It will be interesting where Rattie is on the depth chart of these three guys next year. He's done well in his call-up, better than I'd have expected. But he also hasn't exactly translated his offense into dangerous chances yet. If he's not scoring at all, his value on the NHL team becomes less.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It seems to me that the Blues called up Rik Wilson in a similar situation years ago, and he actually played.

I doubt that Fabbri or Barbashev play in the playoffs, but you never know. Maybe we rest some guys in the last game of the regular season, the kids take their place, and impress.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
They won't be called up today. Blues would only call them up once their teams are eliminated

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
They won't be called up today. Blues would only call them up once their teams are eliminated
For Fabbri, that could be Tuesday. They have been thoroughly dominated in the first two games by Soo and I expect they will likely get swept. Soo seems to be an unstoppable force in the O this season. Fully expect them to win the Memorial Cup.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
For Fabbri, that could be Tuesday. They have been thoroughly dominated in the first two games by Soo and I expect they will likely get swept. Soo seems to be an unstoppable force in the O this season. Fully expect them to win the Memorial Cup.

Yea, I havnt watched the games but it looks pretty clear from the score. I was just responding to Renard about them playing Saturday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad