FAAB Waiver Wire Settings

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My league is doing the FAAB budget for the first time and it's not working as we expected. I'm just looking for some feedback from those who use FAAB.

For those of you who do FAAB, how does your league do it?

How often are waivers processed? Do you players always have to go through the FAAB process or do they become free agents after the initial bid? Do players lock after they play or can a player who player who plays tonight be picked up tomorrow? What site do you use?

We use yahoo and we can't get it to work how we want. We want their to never be free agents (always on waiver, bid on) but for some reason, when we have it set up as "continuous waivers", it allows for guys who played Thursday to be picked up on Friday or Saturday. So we changed it to "Game time -Tuesday" waivers, but that allowed everyone to become a free agent after the initial bidding? I'm trying to figure out if we are doing something wrong or it's a yahoo thing and we need to switch sites next year.

Appreciate any help anyone might have.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
A hockey league I have on Fantrax has everyone on waivers until noon. Claims are then processed at noon, and everyone else goes on waivers until noon the next day. Rinse and repeat...

Is that what you want?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
A hockey league I have on Fantrax has everyone on waivers until noon. Claims are then processed at noon, and everyone else goes on waivers until noon the next day. Rinse and repeat...

Is that what you want?

Right, there is never a time that a guy is just available to be picked up. They always have to be bid on or claimed, never a free agent that can be picked up and added that second.

But we want to combine that with locking a player once he plays, until the following week. So anyone that plays tonight, wouldn't be able to bid on and added Saturday for example. I wouldn't think it would be a hard thing to do as every league I've ever played in (not FAAB) always locked players once they played until the following week. But maybe FAAB doesn't usually work that way?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Right, there is never a time that a guy is just available to be picked up. They always have to be bid on or claimed, never a free agent that can be picked up and added that second.

But we want to combine that with locking a player once he plays, until the following week. So anyone that plays tonight, wouldn't be able to bid on and added Saturday for example. I wouldn't think it would be a hard thing to do as every league I've ever played in (not FAAB) always locked players once they played until the following week. But maybe FAAB doesn't usually work that way?

Yeah, you should be able to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad