FA Game #5 by SF, RR, and IR4

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:nashville

A Suitor for Suter; Preds acquire Seguin from Bruins

Tyler+Seguin+Boston+Bruins+v+New+Jersey+Devils+EEl5VqNz74Il.jpg

The Nashville Predators made a huge deal for the future and present of their franchise, dealing top tier defenceman Ryan Suter to the Boston Bruins in exchange for 2010 2nd overall pick Tyler Seguin.

"This was a deal we simply couldn't turn down." Predators GM TribalPhoenix stated in a press release this evening.

"Given our depth in our prospect pool with names like Ryan Ellis, Jonathon Blum, and Charles Oliver Roussell, we felt this was a deal we could make to get that elusive #1 centreman. Tyler's performance in the playoffs this season has been a great showcase of what kind of skill level he brings to the table, and we couldn't be happier to add Tyler to the club, but we wish Ryan Suter the very best of luck in Boston."

:bruins confirm. Suter was really the only player we'd have traded Seguin for, and we were able to get it done.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I don't get why GM's trade huge assets right at the start of the game? Might as well wait and see what other teams can offer I figure.

Because our primary need was a #1 centreman, Seguin fits that bill to a T and is still on his ELC, and when you see a deal you honestly don't think anyone can beat, you jump on it right away.

Can't begin to tell you how many great deals I've let slip through my fingers because I got greedy.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
:cbj

Trading Block
Kristian Huselius
RJ Umberger
Derick Brassard
Sammy Pahlsson
Anton Stralman
Kris Russel

Untouchables
Rick Nash

Everybody else is available. I'm looking to add a lot of talent around Nash. Mason is available but you better offer a good goalie in return. All my young players and prospects are on the block, as is my 1st round draft pick.

Looking for a 1st line center, and a 1st pairing puck-moving defenceman.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:panthers

Dadonov dealt to Toronto; Panthers acquire Bozak

c9332bce4f2c9451e5e8ee9db832.jpeg

The Florida Panthers have dealt Evgeni Dadonov and their 4th Round Pick in this years draft to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Tyler Bozak. Tyler will serve as the Panthers 3rd line center for the upcoming season.

To :panthers
Tyler Bozak

To :leafs
Evgeni Dadonov
FLA 4th Round Pick 2011​

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I like that deal for both sides.

Yea, same here. I know I said I don't get why GM's make huge trades right off the bat, but I doubt either side would've got a better deal. Suter's an upcoming UFA and with Weber likely getting a huge contract, may not be able to keep both. Getting Seguin gives them a forward to build around.

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
:hawks

Well shucks, had something for Campbell and got the Big No on his NTC. He's on the block, we're willing to take cap back.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
:leafs confirms this deal, welcoming Dadonov to the team and wishing Tyler all the best in Florida, where hopefully he can find his game in a less hostile environment.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:wings

Detroit looking to get a little quicker, gritter, and importantly, younger. We have some big holes to fit on this team and everyone is on the block with the exception of Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Howard. We're looking for some 2nd liners, and a Top pairing defenseman. We may go the FA route, but feel free to inquire about any of our players.

Franzen, Stuart, Bertuzzi, Hudler, Filpulla, Kronwall among others are all considered on the block, but not all will be moved (Franzen, and Kronwall mainly).

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
ManitobaMoose240.jpg

Looking to move down from 7th overall and add a top 6 RW in the deal.

Zach Bogosian is also readily available. Hoping to add a top 6 RW or package of good prospects/picks/young players. Not looking to move him for quantity.

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada
:wild

The rebuild is on for the Wild.

Big name players like Brent Burns, Nicklas Backstrom, Martin Havlat and others are all available for draft picks, prospects and under 25 established NHLers.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
:devils

Untouchable:
Elias
Brodeur
Josefson
Kovalchuk
Parise

What Were Looking For:
-Puck moving defenseman
-3/4 line wingers

Summary: After a disappointing season, we are not ready to scramble things up yet. The obvious players are staying (Elias, Brodeur, etc.). We hope to lock up Parise ASAP. Also, I will listen to your offers, but we are going to try and pick ourselves mostly through free agency

Last edited:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
ManitobaMoose240.jpg

Looking to move down from 7th overall and add a top 6 RW in the deal.

Zach Bogosian is also readily available. Hoping to add a top 6 RW or package of good prospects/picks/young players. Not looking to move him for quantity.

Once again, you're the Thrashers. You're not in Winnipeg until it actually gets done.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
:panthers
Panthers re-sign key RFA's

Tyler Bozak - $1,200,000 per year for 2 years
Steve Bernier - $1,750,000 per year for 2 years
Nicklas Bergfors - $1,250,000 per year for 2 years
Shawn Matthias - $975,000 per year for 1 years
Michal Repik - $950,000 per year for 2 years
Jack Skille - $700,000 per year for 2 years

Ad