GWT: FA Cup Semi-finals.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Those are the only two clubs I'd say are bigger than Utd.
United aren't a big club post-Ferguson. They are simply a rich club. They need to win a league to get back in that bracket.

The big clubs are Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich and Man City. Maybe Juventus.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
United aren't a big club post-Ferguson. They are simply a rich club. They need to win a league to get back in that bracket.

The big clubs are Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich and Man City. Maybe Juventus.

They're still a big club. Big doesn't =best IMO. I'd say even though United aren't the best team in the BPL they're still the biggest club in the BPL.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Think he was talking about in terms of prestige.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

How is PSG higher than Juventus from your rankings? Same with Man City arguably.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How is PSG higher than Juventus from your rankings? Same with Man City arguably.
Money is the answer to both of your questions. Man City has the most money, the best manager and is about to win their league with a 100 point season.

PSG and Juventus are closer but PSG solidified themselves with the Neymar signing and are probably more ambitious. Juventus is also about to have a big roster turnover. Is Juventus a big club without Buffon? We will find out. The rest of Italy is closing in

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, I don't think social media is the end of all for quantifying that because most Barca/RM supporters are primarily Messi/Ronaldo fans first so the numbers are skewed from that. Utd sell the most shirts in the world, they have the biggest kit sponsorship deal ever, highest match-day revenue, ect.

I don't think one player transferring dignifies anything. We saw the 2nd best player move from Barca to PSG this past summer. That doesn't mean PSG is a bigger club.

IMO RM and Barca are bigger, but it's arguable to put Utd up there with them...

We'll see where Ney ends up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->