GWT: FA Cup Semi-finals.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Really bad loss for Tottenham. Another season without a trophy. That has to effect the players even if Pochettino is downplaying it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia never jumped up. He was on the ground and turned around. Then Alli kicked him and then Valencia got him. There were two fouls from Alli. But it’s not even worth it. You’re stubborn and ignorant

Wow that escalated pretty quick.

He definitely jump up hell his ass was in the middle of the air at one point.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
DbUuaxFXcAEd88z.jpg

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
The Valencia drag down wanst even as bad as the Pogba trip and Herara drag down that prevented scoring chances both called fouls but neither yellows when they were both deserved. Neither ultimatly mattered but frustrating when u see about 4 heel clips get yellows. Some were professional, to stop couners but some like Ali’s accidental.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
How do you lose a FA Cup semis at home? :laugh:

Spurs golden era with 0 trophies is pretty pathetic TBH.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
IMO Kane chasing the golden boot ruined Spurs season. He's looked horrendous since he came back from injury and they would've done better with Lamela in his place. It's not completely miserable though - they just need to starve off the likes of West Brom and Newcastle to secure top 4.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Dear Dele Alli,

Doing a silly, cocky dance when you score in a big game looks really small time when you go on to lose the game.

Please learn to either refrain from doing silly, cocky dances when you score, or learn to win big games.

Yours,

Someone who has seen talented footballers who disappeared up their own arses fail to win major trophies many, many times before.

Reactions: All Might

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
So gutted. The team needs leaders that can get us through games like this. Not playing your currently most experienced and vocal leader sure doesn't f***ing help.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So gutted. The team needs leaders that can get us through games like this. Not playing your currently most experienced and vocal leader sure doesn't ****ing help.
Poch's press statement about the FA Cup not being meaningful was a self-fulfilling prophecy. The players in the last ~70 mins didn't really play like they cared enough for it. You don't even see arguably the biggest club in the world in Utd disrespect the competition like that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Don't they have the biggest fanbase in the world? They're also the richest club according to Forbes.

Not sure how you quantify a fan base but they're also not the richest club the world... The country of Qatar owns PSG. Either way $ doesn't make you big.

More importantly those players playing on the pitch and including their manager don't fit the bill.

Wow that was Messi-esque by Giroud

Why did he choke in a final?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Not sure how you quantify a fan base but they're also not the richest club the world... The country of Qatar owns PSG. Either way $ doesn't make you big.

That's money out of the owner's pocket. I was referring to club valuation which Utd is #1. They're also the club with the highest overall revenue and it wasn't close last year. Money isn't the only thing, but they have the largest fan following in the world and had that for decades. You can thank the EPL TV deal for a lot of that.

Why did he choke in a final?

You confused him with Higuain.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean they’re up there.

Yeah, but like I said their manager and some of the players don't fit the bill.

That's money out of the owner's pocket. I was referring to club valuation which Utd is #1. They're also the club with the highest overall revenue and it wasn't close last year. Money isn't the only thing, but they have the largest fan following in the world and had that for decades. You can thank the EPL TV deal for a lot of that.

You confused him with Higuain.

Again not sure how you qualify fan following.... just based on social media? In deed money revenue isn't everything. I mean you don't see the 2nd best player in the world transferring from Madrid>Manu. The opposite tends to happen... why?

Nah Higuain gave him a fighting chance.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yeah, but like I said their manager and some of the players don't fit the bill.

Again not sure how you qualify fan following.... just based on social media? In deed money revenue isn't everything. I mean you don't see the 2nd best player in the world transferring from Madrid>Manu. The opposite tends to happen... why?

Nah Higuain gave him a fighting chance.
No, I don't think social media is the end of all for quantifying that because most Barca/RM supporters are primarily Messi/Ronaldo fans first so the numbers are skewed from that. Utd sell the most shirts in the world, they have the biggest kit sponsorship deal ever, highest match-day revenue, ect.

I don't think one player transferring dignifies anything. We saw the 2nd best player move from Barca to PSG this past summer. That doesn't mean PSG is a bigger club.

IMO RM and Barca are bigger, but it's arguable to put Utd up there with them...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->