GWT: FA Cup Quarter-finals.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
4 years later we find out Son really was offside.

VAR has been so brutal in England. Taking was too long and looking at far too many ultra close calls.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
They didn't even find out that he was offside. The VAR refs saw it as inconclusive and had to trust the linesmans judgment.

Last edited:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Lol that makes it even worse.

That should clearly be the type of call they go with the linesman’s judgement on without a lengthy review. He wasn’t obviously onside and he wasn’t obviously offside, there’s no need for var to get involved, at least if the goal is correcting obvious mistakes.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Swansea have been surprisingly poor today. Could easily have prevented both goals if they had started closing down.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United dominating possession and leading 1-0. With that said, Brighton have looked more dangerous in attack. They are moving faster and passing faster. United’s attack looks kind of stagnant with no one making runs off the ball.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea I didn't think Shaw was bad. I mean he wasn't amazing or anything, but certainly didn't seem out of place, definitely not at the level to justify a halftime sub in a game you're winning.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yea I didn't think Shaw was bad. I mean he wasn't amazing or anything, but certainly didn't seem out of place, definitely not at the level to justify a halftime sub in a game you're winning.
I agree. If anything Martial and Lingard should have been off. They did nothing all game. Martial got a little bit better when Rashford came on but he still wasn't very good. Lingard has been bad lately. Completely invisible.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Leicester could have had another from Vardy before his goal. They were definitely looking the better side, but a lot of tired legs out there and the break could change things up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad