OT: F1 Racing 2024 Edit - Also Other Motor Racing

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
So the sprint qualifying at the Chinese GP was nuts today. It rained just enough to coat the track but they didn't pause the drivers. There were guys sliding all over the track. Really exciting. Normally qualifying is pretty meh but this was very exciting. Worth a watch if you like F1.
LOVE that you created this thread. I forgot there was a sprint this weekend so I missed recording the quali and was shocked to see the top 3. Need to watch the highlights on YouTube.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
LOVE that you created this thread. I forgot there was a sprint this weekend so I missed recording the quali and was shocked to see the top 3. Need to watch the highlights on YouTube.
It was insane. Thr pole winner had a lap time stricken and then reinstated. Guys all over thr place with the rain. Such a great watch.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Max is still going to win the sprint, though. Ugh.
At least his brakes failed once this season. The worst part of this season is Perez is also killing it showing just how dominant that car is. Everyone else is really racing for third and Ferrari has only one real competitor for that in McLaren and their car is a bit behind for now so the only way they can compete is if one of their drivers has a near perfect race which of course is nearly impossible. The season has been short on excitement thus far outside of Verstappen’s one car failure. That’s what made the sprint qualifying so fun. The wet track was something of an equalizer.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
So the sprint qualifying at the Chinese GP was nuts today. It rained just enough to coat the track but they didn't pause the drivers. There were guys sliding all over the track. Really exciting. Normally qualifying is pretty meh but this was very exciting. Worth a watch if you like F1.
THROUGH GOES HAMILTON PEREZ

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
THROUGH GOES HAMILTON PEREZ
Today’s race has at least had some excitement for two of the podium spots. Perez not having better pace than Norris’s McLaren was a surprise. I’ll be watching F1 at least to take edge off NJ not being in the playoffs. We are taking a family trip to Spain in June so we will be able to attend the Spanish GP. Hopefully the other teams can continue to at least challenge Perez.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Today’s race has at least had some excitement for two of the podium spots. Perez not having better pace than Norris’s McLaren was a surprise. I’ll be watching F1 at least to take edge off NJ not being in the playoffs. We are taking a family trip to Spain in June so we will be able to attend the Spanish GP. Hopefully the other teams can continue to at least challenge Perez.
Awesome! Enjoy.

Take me, @My4Sons

Alonso doesn’t age. Great drive by him. Really hope he can get one more win before retirement. Sucks that VER is so far ahead. 2nd-8th has been great racing all season.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Awesome! Enjoy.

Take me, @My4Sons

Alonso doesn’t age. Great drive by him. Really hope he can get one more win before retirement. Sucks that VER is so far ahead. 2nd-8th has been great racing all season.
Verstappen is the best driver and he’s in the best car. Deadly combo. I’d take you to Spain but we are already taking my oldest son’s girlfriend with us and that will be an adjustment. Maybe next year. It wasn’t planned that we’d be there for the race it was a happy accident. We are going to see Springsteen in Madrid was another pleasant surpise. I was not pushing for Spain but the kids wanted to go there but now it looks to be shaping up nicely.

HughesCorporation

in the box
Jan 27, 2023
we finally get an american kid in a seat and hes stinking the joint up, with his crappy team and car..
leclare and sainz wont be sharing christmas cards this year
Max and redbull are just too strong. max is the fastest yet he doesnt wear his tires down ..insane

My3Sons

Sponsor
we finally get an american kid in a seat and hes stinking the joint up, with his crappy team and car..
leclare and sainz wont be sharing christmas cards this year
Max and redbull are just too strong. max is the fastest yet he doesnt wear his tires down ..insane
He’s amazing. While I think it’s the best car I don’t think that alone accounts for Verstappen’s dominance. It’s not like Perez is unstoppable. I’m not sure why the Mercedes is falling off. They make their own engines and don’t lack for funding or infrastructure.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lance Stroll continues to be a man baby shit head. Takes zero responsibly for ruining Ricciardo and Piastris races. Aston can’t be taken seriously until they remove him from his seat.
Nooo. Hope he stays. Provides some much needed drama at times lmao

We should make this a racing thread too.

Penske looking dominant on street courses so far this season. Newgarden may walk away with the title this year if he continues his oval dominance on top of this pace on road and street circuits.

Talladega on right now too. Hope Bubba gets his third win. Would love to see the old heads and hicks cry over that.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Nooo. Hope he stays. Provides some much needed drama at times lmao

We should make this a racing thread too.

Penske looking dominant on street courses so far this season. Newgarden may walk away with the title this year if he continues his oval dominance on top of this pace on road and street circuits.

Talladega on right now too. Hope Bubba gets his third win. Would love to see the old heads and hicks cry over that.
My middle son is best man at his college roommate’s wedding and he organized the bachelor party as a trip to see the Indy 500. I’m more an open wheel or rally race guy but if there is a big race in a different series I’d watch.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
My middle son is best man at his college roommate’s wedding and he organized the bachelor party as a trip to see the Indy 500. I’m more an open wheel or rally race guy but if there is a big race in a different series I’d watch.
That will be my next race. Saw IndyCar at Pocono, TMS 5 times, Nashville GP and COTA

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor

My3Sons

Sponsor
I was skeptical of DRS when it was introduced, now I mostly don't care. My weird take is that everyone should be able to use it everywhere and whenever they want, except for whoever is in first place. That'd be fun.
I think everyone should be able to use it at all times except Verstappen who should be forced to drive the car using his feet like Fred Flintstone. He'd probably still get on the podium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad