F Shane Bowers (2017, 28th, OTT; traded to COL; traded to NJD)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This guy is really dominating the NSMMHL now and is really seperating himself from the pack early on for the 2015 QMJHL draft, IMO this is the guy people will have to beat out for the 1st overall pick...good size at 6'00 tall, and so far has 11 points points in 7 games, this guy has the skill to back up the points as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandel*

What are your thoughts on his season so far?

Decent stats

Shane Bowers (F) 18-9-14-23

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
What are your thoughts on his season so far?

Decent stats

Shane Bowers (F) 18-9-14-23

the kid is doing amazing and imo is still in the running for potential top 3 in the draft possible still 1st depending on who picks 1st......Bowers is not playing on the most offensively gifted team but is the leader in the offensive end as a rookie....great speed and agility, excellent IQ, great passing and playmaking and good shooting, this guy is exciting every time he touches the puck....if he had some stronger offensive guys with him he would be up about another 10 points because i see many plays he has to abort or a great pass he makes that a good linemate would take advantage of. He has Barrett who the moose drafted and he is good but IMO not great.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
the kid is doing amazing and imo is still in the running for potential top 3 in the draft possible still 1st depending on who picks 1st......Bowers is not playing on the most offensively gifted team but is the leader in the offensive end as a rookie....great speed and agility, excellent IQ, great passing and playmaking and good shooting, this guy is exciting every time he touches the puck....if he had some stronger offensive guys with him he would be up about another 10 points because i see many plays he has to abort or a great pass he makes that a good linemate would take advantage of. He has Barrett who the moose drafted and he is good but IMO not great.

Bowers projects higher than most would think as well since he is later physically developing as he just grew a bunch. I keep seeing Peter Stastny and or Mats Naslund type of player in the end.

Hockeyman33

May 23, 2014
Halifax

I have to agree with you as this kid is a great on many aspects. Shooting, speed, agility, and the list goes on. IMO should be #1 but depends on who has the first over all.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
So often when someone that age has that kind of talent, they're always trying to do it all themselves. Nice to see a young guy who can play more of a team game.

And it seems he's already got the standard hockey interview answers down perfectly.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
So often when someone that age has that kind of talent, they're always trying to do it all themselves. Nice to see a young guy who can play more of a team game.

And it seems he's already got the standard hockey interview answers down perfectly.

After his last 6 games Im thinking that a Maritime team will definitely be trading up to grab him first. He just keeps getting better as the stakes get higher.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
After his last 6 games Im thinking that a Maritime team will definitely be trading up to grab him first. He just keeps getting better as the stakes get higher.

Maritimes teams ae slated to have the first 5 picks in the draft lol. Charlottetown has Gatineau's, Cape Breton has Chicoutimi's and St-John's has Drummondville's. Acadie-Bathurst and Cape Breton are currently in the bottom-5 though the latter could climb a few ranks. So no need to trade up!

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
Maritimes teams ae slated to have the first 5 picks in the draft lol. Charlottetown has Gatineau's, Cape Breton has Chicoutimi's and St-John's has Drummondville's. Acadie-Bathurst and Cape Breton are currently in the bottom-5 though the latter could climb a few ranks. So no need to trade up!

They would if they needed to grab him first overall :D

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
5 points today, now 8 points in 2 playoff games. His team has scored 9 goals total, series tied at 1.

Edit: the only goal he did not record a point on was the empty net.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Bowers interview on the upcoming Canada Games:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/1267848-canada-winter-games-hockey-star-bowers%E2%80%99-time-to-shine

By any standard, Shane Bowers has had an excellent rookie campaign in the Nova Scotia major midget hockey league.

But the 15-year-old from Herring Cove hopes that the next few months will be even better.

Bowers, a six-foot centre, won the league scoring title with 52 points in 34 games while leading the Halifax McDonald’s to the best regular season record. He was named league MVP for his efforts.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Game 6 tonight in the Macs' series against Valley. Bowers has 8 goals and 8 assists in 5 playoff games so far.

Game has been cancelled and moved to tomorrow night.

Does anyone happen to know the record for points in a single playoffs in the NSMMHL? As far back as I can remember I don't recall anyone hitting 30, Bowers is at 16 already only 5 games into the playoffs.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Does anyone happen to know the record for points in a single playoffs in the NSMMHL? As far back as I can remember I don't recall anyone hitting 30, Bowers is at 16 already only 5 games into the playoffs.

Once in recent memory.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
4 points tonight as Halifax closes out the series in 6.

Bowers with 10g and 10a for 20p in the series.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Ah yes, I forgot about Blanchard, he had a great year.

21 goals will be very hard to top but I think if Halifax goes all the way 33 points isn't out of the question for Bowers.

That Valley team was fun fun fun to watch, Blanchard and Janes tore it up from Christmas on.

Bowers was very good in this series. I also found that Rafuse and Batherson had their moments for Valley, and Dachyshyn was a fun player to watch on Halifax along with Hickey.

Huntley got hit hard tonight at the end of the game, and I hope for his sake that he's alright.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
He was just taken in the 3rd round of the USHL draft by Waterloo. Interesting to see that they have apparently spoken with the Bowers family who are apparently keeping their options open for now.

Should be noted that Joseph Veleno just applied for EPS, and if granted Bowers would likely be taken #2 overall which is currently held by Bathurst. Not the best looking roster and not the same track record of developing players that Saint John, who hold the first pick has.

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
He was just taken in the 3rd round of the USHL draft by Waterloo. Interesting to see that they have apparently spoken with the Bowers family who are apparently keeping their options open for now.

Should be noted that Joseph Veleno just applied for EPS, and if granted Bowers would likely be taken #2 overall which is currently held by Bathurst. Not the best looking roster and not the same track record of developing players that Saint John, who hold the first pick has.

Remember that SJ also has picks 9,10 .... and Cape Breton has now 3 in the first round. I expect some InSaNiTy TrAdeInG

PorkChopSandwiches

Oct 31, 2011
No trades yet but Bowers has stated that Halifax or Saint John are the destinations in the Q he is willing to go to. Make it interesting as several Mock drafts have him going 4th to Cape breton and now it looks like he would not report there.

Brandel*

No trades yet but Bowers has stated that Halifax or Saint John are the destinations in the Q he is willing to go to. Make it interesting as several Mock drafts have him going 4th to Cape breton and now it looks like he would not report there.

just curious, where are you getting that info?

I saw this, but I didn't see anywhere that he wouldn't report elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad