F Seth Jarvis - Portland Winterhawks, WHL (2020, 13th, CAR)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well...considering, the past 3 season sin the WHL, he has taken total of 184 face-offs (130 games)...so..not a center.
- at least doesn't take face-offs.

I've seen so many wrong position markers over the years thou.... one example; Aleksi Heponiemi is still supposedly a center,
although...the last time he played as a center was in either 2014 or 2015.
- he played his entire WHL career as a LW, and in the Sm-Liiga and world juniors too...
thou Florida...wan'ts him to play RW position, because off-wing is the biggest thing in the NHL right now

Last edited:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Watched a couple of times and he played center twice, winger four times. He played it full-time in midget but hasn't in the WHL. I think he's a winger and not a center in the NHL, ala Clayton Keller. Beauty of a hockey player though.

Reactions: Merrrlin

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
The things I would do to have him on the Avs... Love the entire package.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I can't figure out why this guy isn't consistently ranked in that #8-#10 range. Jarvis is so much better than the #12-#20 guys he's often compared to.

You and me both. It's really strange. I don't really have a single question mark about his game, which is a lot more than I can see for most prospects in this draft.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I see guys like Mercer, Holloway, Zary, Gunler, and Amirov getting taken before him. Maybe Schneider, Askarov, and Guhle, depending on team needs.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
I can't figure out why this guy isn't consistently ranked in that #8-#10 range. Jarvis is so much better than the #12-#20 guys he's often compared to.
Agree. He’s unreal at times. He plays such a high tempo game and has so much skill and is such a good skater. His lack of size and strength won’t even be an issue in the NHL as he doesn’t need it given his playing style IMO (pretty similar to someone like Marner).

Last edited:

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
I wish Seth Jarvis would get more attention at these boards. Only 6 pages and not that long for the draft...
if you want to get this thread moving, i'd suggest bringing some controversy to the table. that has really moved some of the other threads along (rossi, byfield, miller, et alia). either the classic, "jarvis is majorly overrated and is a surefire bust. do not draft list." or something a little more fanboy-y like, "he's in the conversation for top three pick for me personally, and if he's available at four, the red wings are getting a steal. honestly can't see him getting past anaheim at the latest."

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
I see guys like Mercer, Holloway, Zary, Gunler, and Amirov getting taken before him. Maybe Schneider, Askarov, and Guhle, depending on team needs.
This might be the case but I think Jarvis is better than basically all of those guys. I could buy Gunler possibly going higher but I think Jarvis has so much game breaking talent as opposed to most of those other guys.

Zary in particular seems to be quite overrated when you start looking at his production against good teams vs bottom-feeders.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
This might be the case but I think Jarvis is better than basically all of those guys. I could buy Gunler possibly going higher but I think Jarvis has so much game breaking talent as opposed to most of those other guys.

Zary in particular seems to be quite overrated when you start looking at his production against good teams vs bottom-feeders.
I'll have to double check but I thought they had similar numbers

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
This guy has all the makings of a Leafs selection. Hard working, very productive, small forward. And I wouldn't be upset by the pick at all, I think there's a decent chance he's BPA at that spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->