F Samuel Misak - HK Liptovsky Mikulas U16, Slovakia U16 (2025 Draft)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Isn't it too early to create a thread for a player who played 'only' 1 match in the Slovak u16 league? Yes, maybe he is the best player in Slovakia born in 2007, but 5 years is still a lot.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You will always see me say the same thing. The goal is to try to detect the players of tomorrow as soon as possible. Two years ago he was the best Slovak in scoring in an international tournament.

For the Slovak federation it is never too early. Talent detection happens very early. Not for the NHL. But for the bantam levels, then midget then junior.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Isn't it too early to create a thread for a player who played 'only' 1 match in the Slovak u16 league? Yes, maybe he is the best player in Slovakia born in 2007, but 5 years is still a lot.

Plenty of scouts in Canada look at 12, 13 and 14 years old players. There is a WHL bantam draft which means the scouts have to do their homework when the players are very young. I'm not sure what the big deal is.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I have heard about this player 1 year ago and I think it can be fun to watch his next steps

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I have heard about this player 1 year ago and I think it can be fun to watch his next steps

Yes me too. He and Alex Misiak (2007) and Adam Nemec (late 2007) are probably the best Slovak talents of this year's birth, I've seen them play a few times and I keep my fingers crossed and I wish them good luck, they definitely have talent, but they still have a lot of hard work ahead of them. But in my opinion that it is still very early to talk about the draft of them. I just wanted to say that every year in the Slovak U16 league ther are some 13-14 years old players who plays with good productivity and only a small percentage will make it to the better league and even less will get to the draft and then to the NHL. The fact is that the Slovak youth leagues are qualitatively lower compared to the Russian, Scandinavian and NA leagues and there is less competition so it can be expected that such young boys like them will play with a smaller player base which is in Slovakia.

But well then, we'll see what progress he will make season after season until 2025.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Talking about them also allows us to show that there is continuity in the recovery of Slovak hockey after the 2022/3 drafts.

Reactions: hellwar9

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Two and a half year later and it looks like Samuel Misak could be a really interesting Slovak name for the 2025 draft. According to some rumours he could be the number one pick in the USHL Futures draft and according to the interviews he would like to play next season in the USHL. Although, personally I can't imagine it, the last time I saw him play (about half a year ago), physically he was very weak, anyway, the boy is developing and a lot could change. But even today I consider him a better player than Theo Kiss, and he's a year younger.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Two and a half year later and it looks like Samuel Misak could be a really interesting Slovak name for the 2025 draft. According to some rumours he could be the number one pick in the USHL Futures draft and according to the interviews he would like to play next season in the USHL. Although, personally I can't imagine it, the last time I saw him play (about half a year ago), physically he was very weak, anyway, the boy is developing and a lot could change. But even today I consider him a better player than Theo Kiss, and he's a year younger.

You mean there could be a Kiss - Misak connection?

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
No. Just a comparison, they are similar types of players, about the same height, but there is a year difference between them. They both like to create the game and have higher hockey iq. Theo Kiss was and still is quite hyped, especially among Slovak fans, but Misak looks better today and he is younger. However, there is also a risk that he will end up like Samuel Sisik because of his physical parameters, but I don't expect it. Theo Kiss should play in the USHL next season and there is a chance that Misak will play in the USHL as well so we'll see.

WayneGretzky

Jul 25, 2016
No. Just a comparison, they are similar types of players, about the same height, but there is a year difference between them. They both like to create the game and have higher hockey iq. Theo Kiss was and still is quite hyped, especially among Slovak fans, but Misak looks better today and he is younger. However, there is also a risk that he will end up like Samuel Sisik because of his physical parameters, but I don't expect it. Theo Kiss should play in the USHL next season and there is a chance that Misak will play in the USHL as well so we'll see.
You really didn’t see what he was going for there eh? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Bubbles and Halfy

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

He's 16 this summer. Where should he play if not in the USHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad